Hobbywing SCT xerun

Old 07-06-2014, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Jgins13 View Post
so I'm fully committing to 2s and buying the xerun 4700kv. So my advice to a newbie:
If 2s, get the 4700.
Honestly, If you want to run cooler, the 4000 kv is the way to go. 4700 is a bit high for the scte, and will run a bit hotter. with the 4000kv, you can always gear up and still be cooler than running a 4700. The 4000 still has plenty plenty grunt and is perfect for SDRC.

Im currently geared at 15t and its a monster. All setting stock on the ESC except for the breaking witch i up'd to 75%
Old 07-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
Honestly, If you want to run cooler, the 4000 kv is the way to go. 4700 is a bit high for the scte, and will run a bit hotter. with the 4000kv, you can always gear up and still be cooler than running a 4700. The 4000 still has plenty plenty grunt and is perfect for SDRC.

Im currently geared at 15t and its a monster. All setting stock on the ESC except for the breaking witch i up'd to 75%
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. 4000kv runs very cool under 2s. It only gets hot when I run 3s. Interesting about upping the break to 75% - is that due to tight turns after hi speed sections? I've never been to SDRC, but given the upcoming move, figured I'd be spending some timd there.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey all, I know I'm incredibly late to the party (to be fair, I was into drift triking when this thread was created and didn't even know brushless motors existed). I feel the need to shed some light as I own the 4700KV motor and ran it on 3s (5000 mah) a number of times with great success (car was a 2wd Stampede running 19/90 stock gearing). The ESC never got too hot to touch, nor did the motor. The ESC is rated to 4s maximum, but considering "Stammers" is strictly a serious basher (although it has handed a few EP buggies their a**es on a dirt track, but tends to run at bmx tracks with HUGE jumps) I wouldn't tempt it with 4s and gearing would be impossible given the space you have available on the Stampede tranny. The combo has recently been installed into a Kyosho Beetle rere and although initial testing is going well (insanely fast and pleasurable to drive on 2s) I will not be dropping the 3s into it.. purely due to the non hex hub rear wheels. I do plan to continue testing and eventually take it to the track for race testing (yes, I do things differently lol)

Long story short, if your weight isn't ridiculous, 3s will NOT fry this system's ESC or motor.

I was recommended this system by my LHS and have never been happier

Last edited by Holtzy; 01-19-2016 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Spelling so bad, almost gave me cancer