Wiki Posts
Search

THUNDER POWER RIPPED ME OFF !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default THUNDER POWER RIPPED ME OFF !!!

Just got off the phone with thunder power. I bought a 17.5 motor from them, and ran it 4 battery packs and it went up in smoke. So, I went through the motions, obtained the RMA # from them, sent it back, and the rep I have been dealing with said that "I" was running the end bell too loose!! This is what the man asked me before I sent the motor back to them. So I opened the package BACK up AGAIN and put a screw driver to the 3 timing screws one more time...they were as tight as can be. When I called the man to get a status on my motor, he said I "just opened your motor and the end bell screws are all loose!!! WTF is that??? I don't care how many people have had good experiences with this company...as a matter of a fact, I don't even WANT to hear about your good experiences with this company. THEY FLAT A$$ RIPPED ME OFF!!!! BEWARE OF THUNDER POWERS CUSTOMER SERVICE AS THEY ARE A BUNCH OF THIEVES !!!! When I wrote this I was so mad that I forgot to mention that thunder pilfers claim that if the timing screws are left loose (after you adjust the timing) and the end bell by chance goes to "zero" while the motor is being ran, it will burn up. I double and triple check that stuff when I make a timing change! What a crock of BS from that company!! This NEVER happened with my 10.5 from them, and that motor is still being used.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Ouch ! Thats just wrong man follow a complain to the Better Consumer agency or something.

Glad i dont buy though over priced lipos.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Suspended

That sucks.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

so you burnt up a 17.5 and wanted it to be their fault?
they didnt give you a new motor for free so they are crooks?
just trying to cover the facts.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 54 (97%+)

my friend had the same thing happen to him this weekend. brand new thunderpower 17.5 3 packs and poof it started smokin
Old 09-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

funny how this always happens to 17.5's almost like you guys are trying to run too much gear or too much timing...
Old 09-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Some companies are more willing to take the buyers word for it then others. Best bet is keep an ear out for threads like these and if you think it matters, go with another company. At least you only lost out on the cost of a motor.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

I have thunderpower batteries and a couple of their 1/10 motors and while the products themselves have proven to be quality the one and only time I contacted their customer service they gave me the run around and offered zero assistance (had the threads in one of the motors strip out for no reason, the threads just came out with the screw when i removed it).

Good products, sh*t customer service.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ShtLuck
so you burnt up a 17.5 and wanted it to be their fault?
they didnt give you a new motor for free so they are crooks?
just trying to cover the facts.
With out a doubt they are crooks!! 17.5 set up: 30 degree timing on the end bell, 69/31 gear ratio (which is VERY mild) 4 battery packs and it stops on the track and was billowing smoke. They claim this is all MY fault!! Yeah, CROOKS!
Old 09-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
Some companies are more willing to take the buyers word for it then others. Best bet is keep an ear out for threads like these and if you think it matters, go with another company. At least you only lost out on the cost of a motor.
So I could continue my race evening...I shelled out the money for a new Novak Ballistic 17.5 and it is awsome!
Old 09-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bilster44
With out a doubt they are crooks!! 17.5 set up: 30 degree timing on the end bell, 69/31 gear ratio (which is VERY mild) 4 battery packs and it stops on the track and was billowing smoke. They claim this is all MY fault!! Yeah, CROOKS!
30 on the end bell? With what esc and how much boost? I have never run 30 on the endbell of a motor without major heat issues, this isn't oval.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sleepytime
I have thunderpower batteries and a couple of their 1/10 motors and while the products themselves have proven to be quality the one and only time I contacted their customer service they gave me the run around and offered zero assistance (had the threads in one of the motors strip out for no reason, the threads just came out with the screw when i removed it).

Good products, sh*t customer service.
I love the 10.5 I bought from them two years ago, and it is still running good!
Old 09-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Addict

30 on the end bell? With what esc and how much boost? I have never run 30 on the endbell of a motor without major heat issues, this isn't oval.
No boost "blinky" on my Tekin RS...
Old 09-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Addict

No boost "blinky" on my Tekin RS...It's the 17.5 non ramping class, and 30 is only 1 notch past half way. The end bell goes to 50. Sorry for the duplicate quote...
Old 09-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

I would call back and ask for a manager if your up to it write a letter then CC the BBB.

As stated some companies are tight butts they require a boat load of information for validation. Electronic is a hard product to warranty everyone has limited offerings but Tekin. Tekin has GREAT service good or bad they will help you no matter what most often taking their customers word to heart. If this was a Tekin product and if it was fairly new you wouldnt have any issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.