Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY XB9 E-Conversion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I am going to try putting this MUGE2107 for the rear brace. I am doing two conversions one with the tix chassis and the other with a spare nitro chassis. The tix is dual packs on stone guards and the nitros gonna be like the rcmonster.

CarlCrocco can you please post pics how you modified the losi battery tray? I have one lying around. I have 2 of the monster mike trays cnced but they are very heavy and I want a 3s light weight setup to use with a 3300 pro 4 motor. I have half a mind to whip something out with a sheet of tap plastic but if the losis easier and lighter I will go that way.

I wont go with the k2rc solution, that has no stone guards and uneven flex tune on both sides. Like tuning with chassis braces more so might cut an aluminum brace if more stiffness needed.. ...
Old 03-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
I am going to try putting this MUGE2107 for the rear brace. I am doing two conversions one with the tix chassis and the other with a spare nitro chassis. The tix is dual packs on stone guards and the nitros gonna be like the rcmonster.

CarlCrocco can you please post pics how you modified the losi battery tray? I have one lying around. I have 2 of the monster mike trays cnced but they are very heavy and I want a 3s light weight setup to use with a 3300 pro 4 motor. I have half a mind to whip something out with a sheet of tap plastic but if the losis easier and lighter I will go that way.

I wont go with the k2rc solution, that has no stone guards and uneven flex tune on both sides. Like tuning with chassis braces more so might cut an aluminum brace if more stiffness needed.. ...
You do have to cut the fuel splash guard, and make the side guards flush.

No major mod to the tray is needed, the back holes of the tray line up with LOSi tray, all you have to do is drill a hole for the front, and a hole for the middle which is optional. Get your self a counter sink bit so the screw will sit flush on the chassis.

Come to thing of it, you could make it stiffer or softer with using a screw in the middle hole. LOSI flex tune ftw!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CarlCrocco

No major mod to the tray is needed, the back holes of the tray line up with LOSi tray, all you have to do is drill a hole for the front, and a hole for the middle which is optional. Get your self a counter sink bit so the screw will sit flush on the chassis.

Come to thing of it, you could make it stiffer or softer with using a screw in the middle hole. LOSI flex tune ftw!
Good stuff . The trays light correct? I am driving down to my track after work to pick it up. Ordered a decent countersink bit finally from mcmaster. Was making do with a tiny 90 degree one from amazon which is at the end of its life.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarlCrocco

i guess i did it wrong.. cuz i drilled holes in the back.. and didnt drill a hole in the middle.. i used the muffler mount hole for the front..
Old 03-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

ok my 2013 just arrived from rcamerica, what do i need to convert?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Suspended

Default xb9e buggy coming soon!

just talked to Brian at rc america he said in the next few months they will be releasing a new xb9e buggy can't wait!!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Im building a 2013 conversion using the K2RC CF conversion. I will get it on the track sat
Old 04-17-2013, 11:53 PM
Tech Lord

What a beautiful joke the K2RC conversion is. It bolts up but am I suppose to use a 2s battery because that's the only thing that fits in the included tray. And there is no way that a 4s battery will even fit u der the body. Guess ill have to wait for the xb9e. Can someone with this conversion can you post a pic on how to mount the battery. I have had several e cars and it just won't fit under the body. Or what body are you running on your converted xb9's
Old 04-18-2013, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Frank L
What a beautiful joke the K2RC conversion is. It bolts up but am I suppose to use a 2s battery because that's the only thing that fits in the included tray. And there is no way that a 4s battery will even fit u der the body. Guess ill have to wait for the xb9e. Can someone with this conversion can you post a pic on how to mount the battery. I have had several e cars and it just won't fit under the body. Or what body are you running on your converted xb9's
I have this conversion and the jconcepts body for xb9 fits perfectly. I have shortys all the way ahead and it clears it.
http://tixracedevelopments.com/?page_id=144
Old 04-18-2013, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I've got a tix too.
I heard that the XB9e will be released around june...
Old 04-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Tech Lord

The conversion drove awesome. I used 5-5-5 in the diffs, the front weight and the rest was 2013 stock setup. I also used an 18 pinion and 1900kv so down the straight was insane. After all the frustration with the k2rc kit i have a very capable e car. So far I'm very impressed with the x ray cars.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Ran my new 13 this weekend ,ended up 2 only to lose the win by a lat lap turnover...just ran 5 ,2,2 need a little heavier oil,and just ran a 1700 ,but car was good, ran a rc monster mount and losi battery tray and everything was fine
Old 05-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Did you see this?

looks AWESOME

Thanks speedy2 for the post on rcmag about it
Old 05-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I've got one.
Unfinished... but I've got one.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pulse_
Did you see this?

looks AWESOME

Thanks speedy2 for the post on rcmag about it
Yessir I have yet to race her but its pretty. Waiting for the outdoor ebuggy season to start in summer. Mines with shorty packs all the way forward 7 pounds rtr. Very clean build.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.