Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
motor mount keeps moving all the time (1/8 e-buggy) >

motor mount keeps moving all the time (1/8 e-buggy)

motor mount keeps moving all the time (1/8 e-buggy)

Old 08-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Well all i can say is i know two guys i race with who run the monster R/C conversion with that mount with 0 issues. You may have a defective motor mount.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I went to the track tonight and did have a issue with motor mount.. The motor came loose from the motor mount.. I tightened them down and was only able to run 1 more battery, but I had no issue's.. So this could have been my fault.. I will find out more tomorrow when I go back to the track...
Old 08-31-2012, 04:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The only thing I can think of would be that the screw holes are enlarged not allowing sufficient contact with the threads of the screw. Either way it's useless now. Mike agreed to sell me just the mounting plate only but since my battery tray cracked as well I just decided to give the Venom kit a shot. With the sale redstarhobbies.com is having on the kit right now it was about $85 including shipping.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by McD44 View Post
I don't think Mike will offer any help to be honest. He didn't sound like he believed that it was a design problem at all.

Did you ever get a quote on shipping for the Venom kit? How much? The Venom kit appears to be made of higher quality aluminum and has a much thicker brace that is of a better design. I ordered it but haven't gotten the shipping quote yet.
80$ for Belgium with tracking from Australia for the venom kit

It's a crazy price just for the shipping that's why I went with the RCM conversion.

You should e-mail Mike you never know..

Originally Posted by Gmkiller View Post
I went to the track tonight and did have a issue with motor mount.. The motor came loose from the motor mount.. I tightened them down and was only able to run 1 more battery, but I had no issue's.. So this could have been my fault.. I will find out more tomorrow when I go back to the track...
If we are three drivers having troubles with the same mount we should give a feedback to Mike from rcmonster. The design must be involved then. It's for future customers too. I will try the mount on sunday and if it doesn't work I'll see with him what we can do, I don't pay 150$ for a mount that doesn't work
Old 08-31-2012, 04:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Shipping to the US was only $23 but that's without tracking. I'm a little bummed that my super clean wiring layout will be messed up but I'd rather have spaghetti wires than a motor mount that falls off in 3 minutes.

I will let Mike know about the problem so that he might consider a redesign.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Looking at other RC-Monster kits and I feel that it's not entirely the kit's fault. The design is limited to the available M3 screws that attach the diff mount the the chassis on the Dingo. The Serpent kit for example looks amazing. M4 screws, beefy construction and a very nice top plate design. The RCM Dingo kit would benefit from the use of harder aluminum and a top brace redesign IMO.

I'm running the Venom kit now and I really like the design and materials. No problems with screws coming loose at all. I am using the RCM radio/servo mount from the old kit which keeps things tidy.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Did anyone else have this problem with the rc monster kit? I am looking for the best dnx408 conversion to buy and was set on the rcm until reading through this thread.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MattP View Post
Did anyone else have this problem with the rc monster kit? I am looking for the best dnx408 conversion to buy and was set on the rcm until reading through this thread.
Go for the venom, I'm still running the rcmonster but had to do MANY mods so the ***** thing won't move. It's rare I'm so negative about a product but this one is crap. It really is.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_ View Post
Go for the venom, I'm still running the rcmonster but had to do MANY mods so the ***** thing won't move. It's rare I'm so negative about a product but this one is crap. It really is.
I wish I could find that venom kit in the US but I can't. And shipping from that redstarhobbies.com to the US is insane. I could buy another used roller for what the venom kit would cost to get here....
Old 01-11-2013, 03:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MattP View Post
I wish I could find that venom kit in the US but I can't. And shipping from that redstarhobbies.com to the US is insane. I could buy another used roller for what the venom kit would cost to get here....
That's why I went for the rcmonster, but a conversion kit that doesn't work is useless. It's less expensive without tracking (about 25$)
Old 03-22-2015, 08:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Yes I know its an old thread..

Is venom kits still available? and where?
cheers