7.4 shorty lipos?

Old 08-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Only battery vendor on the market that graphs discharge curves for each pack along with giving you the IR numbers of each cell.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...rds-lipos.html

website link is in my sig.
Not true.. Fantom does all that as well, and the packs are FAR superior.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Post it, show me a print out from each of your packs.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Old 08-25-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

It's a $5 option with the Fantoms, discharge data of your choice from 20 to 35 amps. I don't have any of the latest version, but Fantoms have indicated lower IR in my own checks than any of the several other batteries I've tried of similar or better C ratings. With the exception of their apparent ThunderPower twins.

Battery Evaluation Option - With this option, we test your battery using a Competition Electronics Turbo 35, at whatever discharge amps you prefer. We include a full 8.5" x 11" sheet showing the voltage vs. time graph, similar to the sample below. We also include a detailed label for your battery that includes run time, average voltage, internal resistance, mAh, charge amps and discharge amps, as shown in the sample below. If you order this option for multiple battery packs, we will provide one graph sheet with all of your packs overlayed, so that you can see the comparison between each pack.

The graph below is only a sample and is not representative of this actual battery pack.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Lord

dp
Old 08-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Post it, show me a print out from each of your packs.
Don't need to, I know they are superior. I have run the crap out both the HVRs, and the Fantoms, and there is just no comparison. For mod the HVRs will be fine, but in 17.5 where you need the maximum punch and maximum output, it's no contest. Actually, I was maybe the first or second guy to ever even run the HVR batteries, as I was the one that did the photography for the product. (well, that was for the full sized, not the shorties... which are different cells/manufacturers).

Go find somebody running a new orange fantom pack, put a couple charges on it, and see what you get. My bet is you return to this thread with this face ->

But alas, we all run what we want to run, yeah? You'll notice im not sponsored by Fantom.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Don't need to, I know they are superior. I have run the crap out both the HVRs, and the Fantoms, and there is just no comparison. For mod the HVRs will be fine, but in 17.5 where you need the maximum punch and maximum output, it's no contest. Actually, I was maybe the first or second guy to ever even run the HVR batteries, as I was the one that did the photography for the product. (well, that was for the full sized, not the shorties... which are different cells/manufacturers).

Go find somebody running a new orange fantom pack, put a couple charges on it, and see what you get. My bet is you return to this thread with this face ->

But alas, we all run what we want to run, yeah? You'll notice im not sponsored by Fantom.
they are the same manufacture,nothing changed.same manufacture since day one
Old 08-27-2012, 06:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fullsyzz View Post
Protek!
+2
Old 08-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'd say anything that doesn't say RevTech should work fine. Me personally I will stick with my CRC packs. I have never felt down on power and my local track will occasionally run 12 to 15 minute mains for the 13.5 buggy class and I've never had a problem from start to finish. Months of use on one of them and still as strong as day 1.