Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
A warning about Hobbypartz, NitroCRX and Nitroplanes. Paypal Dispute = Ban Customer >

A warning about Hobbypartz, NitroCRX and Nitroplanes. Paypal Dispute = Ban Customer

A warning about Hobbypartz, NitroCRX and Nitroplanes. Paypal Dispute = Ban Customer

Old 08-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default A warning about Hobbypartz, NitroCRX and Nitroplanes. Paypal Dispute = Ban Customer

I recently placed a $199.61 order from Hobbypartz to get some parts for crawlers I am building. I consider them a local hobbyking and their location is rather convenient. A week later I have 2 charges on paypal for $199.95, no order email, and no tracking info.

I sent an email copying support and sales asking what was going on with my order. 9 Days later I called and finally got through to a representative. I was told that my account had been banned due to a paypal dispute in January.

Anyone who has deal with these companies has dealt with their service, or lack there-of. I have never had much issue and have always gotten my orders on time. I have placed over $1,500 worth of merchandise over the past few years from this company.

On 12/20/2011 I ordered 6 Dynam 12amp ESCs and when they arrived they were larger than the proton 30a escs I had order.

These were for a mini quad so naturally they would not do...

I attempted to get an RMA from Hobbypartz via email and phone calls but was unable so I filed a paypal dispute to get them to reply. They responded, sent an RMA and I sent back the ESCs. Business as usual right?

Since then I've placed the following orders:

order yhst-62196343123315-233636 $86.02
order yhst-62196343123315-245183 $113.54
order yhst-62196343123315-263254 $391.28
order yhst-62196343123315-263868 $165.14
order yhst-62196343123315-264839 $103.20

I spent a total of $859.18 and if they would have acceped my most recent order that would have been $1058.79 since being banned...

I'd consider myself a loyal customer until I was just "banned" from using their site from a transaction 7 months ago and notified on the phone today.

Unbelievable. The salesperson on the phone was not able to give me a valid reason why I had been banned except that because I had filed a paypal dispute I could no longer buy there.

Keep this in mind when using Hobbypartz, NitroCRX, and Nitroplanes. Not only is their customer service horrible but they feel the need to "ban" perfectly good customers who spend good amounts of money at their store. Pass the word.

Thank god Hobbyking is expanding their USA warehouse and putting these guys out of business. Cut out the middleman anyway...
Old 08-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

honestly i have placed tons of orders with them as well. i have has batteries and other items either return for exchange or warranty. calling is pointless. so is emailing. just use the support panel that the offer and the respond super fast and get the job done right away. calling is futile so is direct email. the support panel is there for a reason. infact you might want to use it now to resolve this issue. im sure theyll take care of you.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

There are many online dealers that will block you from future orders for disputing charges. Paypal and most credit card companies have started siding with the customer in a dispute no matter what actually happened. It's made it "easy" for people to scam businesses out of products. Obviously in your case you had a legitimate complaint.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

I myself as well as many other have dealt with this. I no longer order from Hobbypartz, even though the unblocked my account.

Junk products, crappy service.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rctoni View Post
honestly i have placed tons of orders with them as well. i have has batteries and other items either return for exchange or warranty. calling is pointless. so is emailing. just use the support panel that the offer and the respond super fast and get the job done right away. calling is futile so is direct email. the support panel is there for a reason. infact you might want to use it now to resolve this issue. im sure theyll take care of you.
This whole thing actually started in livechat. They told me I was not allowed to order as of January despite the fact that I had been all along!

I called shortly after. She couldn't explain it either. I asked for a manager. She said none were available. I told her its simply idiotic business to eliminate someone whos spent thousands of dollars at your store because of a legitimate return...

Whatever. I'll get my cheap-o receivers and ESCs elsewhere.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Ive said this before you get what you pay for ive never had any issues with Hobbypartz . If i got something that i ordered that was the wrong thing or something i dint like i just sell it to somebody because i know what im expecting when sending it back.

I heard somebody said there stuff is junk well the lipos ive orded from them are not bad at all i have a Blue lipo 4s softpack that sells performs good !
Old 08-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Thats some shady shit right there. Honestly though, i have placed several orders from hobbypartz.com and never had an issue with them. Hobbyking on the other hand, my first order ever from them wound up being a paypal dispute 6 hours later that took 4 weeks to resolve. With them claiming that they could take no action so long as I disputed it with paypal, and paypal telling me to never close a dispute if i have not received an item, and that they were attempting to defraud me by telling me to close the dispute. I will never do business with hobbyking ever.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just don't buy from them. Lots of other shops out there that will gladly give you better service. I stopped buying from Hobbypartz when the last round of Gens Ace LiPo's I got from them puffed into uselessness within 90 days. No thanks. Junk.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Hobbyking has some really awesome products now. I placed an order last week.and it arrived. Yesterday. The turnigy trackstar esc/ motors are worth a second look.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Shopping at Hobbypartz is like speeding on the highway. You know you could get caught and pay a hefty price but you keep doing it anyway. When you see a guy pulled over on the side getting a ticket (or making a complaint thread), we pass by and say too bad for you but they didn't get me!

And yes I've ordered 2 times from Hobbypartz. THEY DIDN'T GET ME!!!!! YET!!!!