R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Savage flux problems, I've tried everything! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/650368-savage-flux-problems-ive-tried-everything.html)

RcTruckMan 07-31-2012 01:39 PM

Savage flux problems, I've tried everything!

Hi guys you may gave read my other threads on this subject but I'm just recaping it all because I'm completely stuck. I have a savage flux when I turn it on I get movement in the servo but no throttle, I figured it just needed to be reprogrammed so I went online and found the instructions, the first step said to hold full throttle then flip on the ESC to begin programming mode. When I tried this nothing changed no lights or sounds just a quick flashing yellow and green LED like always, so I then went online to see what the LEDs meant, it said that yellow and green flashing meant low voltage cutoff. To test this theory I charged my batteries fully then hooked them up but still got nothing. Is there many reasons for a lowvoltage cutoff? Besides the batteries not being charged. The ESC on the savage flux is called the Blur ESC which many say is just the Mamba Max in a different color so I just used all the info from the mamba max to try it on my Blur, so all the instructions and stuff I read were for the mamba max, could it be the 2 ESCs aren't the same after all?

If you guys could help me that would be great, any additional info can be gathered if needed or you could look at my other threads, thanks again for reading.

symmetricon 07-31-2012 01:56 PM

Are you sure your esc is plugged in the propper rx channel, or in the right polarity? One thing you can try(with caution) is to swap the steering and the throttle into each other(make sense?) so that when you give it throttle the it will give you steering, and when you give it steering it will give you throttle. This will allow you to see if the rx is working properly. If it the steering is working(ie throttle), but the throttle is not(i.e. steering), then you remote isnt working properly i.e. the potentiomiter of the throttle. Does this make sense?

jsinclair 07-31-2012 02:09 PM

did you buy it used? if so the p.o may have set the lvc to a number higher than what you're using. Also make sure that you don't have the throttle channel reversed in your transmitter.

RcTruckMan 07-31-2012 02:14 PM

Wow thanks that did make sense but ya I've tried switching the 2 and when I do move throttle stick wheels turn but no throttle when I turn the wheel. So that thing in the remote you said might be dead, is that the little diamond plug thing that sometimes goes into the receiver? Thanks for the comments and all the plugs and wires are fine I'll try to post some pictures because the guy I bought the truck off of had done some re wiring and some of it looks a little fishy, but he showed me it working after he had done the wires.

RatsacK 07-31-2012 02:23 PM

Get pictures or a video of what it's doing. To me, it sounds like it isn't picking up the RX. Are all your throttle points at default?

Icantdrive55 07-31-2012 02:29 PM

Are you using nimh and not lipos? If so the esc will read a 7cell nimh as a dead 3s

RcTruckMan 07-31-2012 02:32 PM

I'm using lipos but I'll try to get a video up here soon thanks fir the devotion so far

RcTruckMan 07-31-2012 02:57 PM

im just going to upload it to my youtube channel, because i dont think you can post videos on here, im not trying to advertise

RcTruckMan 07-31-2012 03:12 PM

I did buy the truck used but he drove it right infront of me when I was going to buy it, he had kept the batteries for his erevo so I had to get my own accept I don't think the PVC would be higher than the batteries I have. I have 2 gens ace 35C 2S 7.4v 5300mah batteries so I don't think the LVC would be set for higher than that.

symmetricon 07-31-2012 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by RcTruckMan (Post 11039114)
Wow thanks that did make sense but ya I've tried switching the 2 and when I do move throttle stick wheels turn but no throttle when I turn the wheel. So that thing in the remote you said might be dead, is that the little diamond plug thing that sometimes goes into the receiver? Thanks for the comments and all the plugs and wires are fine I'll try to post some pictures because the guy I bought the truck off of had done some re wiring and some of it looks a little fishy, but he showed me it working after he had done the wires.

It sounds like to me that the remote is bad. I just had a similar thing happen to me, i could not get steering from my remote and found out that the potentiometer went bad.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potentiometer

If this is the case, you will most likely need to replace the remote.

jsinclair 07-31-2012 03:25 PM

Are you running them in series or parallel. 2cell or 4cell total, he could have been running a cell setup.

symmetricon 07-31-2012 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by jsinclair (Post 11039375)
Are you running them in series or parallel. 2cell or 4cell total, he could have been running a cell setup.

That could be.

RcTruckMan 07-31-2012 03:36 PM

video 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYO2v8HWCGc

video 2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC2j03BX12A

there pretty much the same but video 2 is newer so probably better

RcTruckMan 07-31-2012 03:40 PM

well sorry i forgot the difference but its a Y shape instead of triangle to 2 connectors to the batteries then they come together as one for the ESC, and yes he had the other system so i switched them while resoldering, is there a way to change that back without actually resoldering everything or is that the only way, i really think this is the problem though because now everything is coming together YES! thankyou very much all of you however i still need to know how to fix that but at least i know whats wrong know!

symmetricon 07-31-2012 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by RcTruckMan (Post 11039435)
well sorry i forgot the difference but its a Y shape instead of triangle to 2 connectors to the batteries then they come together as one for the ESC, and yes he had the other system so i switched them while resoldering, is there a way to change that back without actually resoldering everything or is that the only way, i really think this is the problem though because now everything is coming together YES! thankyou very much all of you however i still need to know how to fix that but at least i know whats wrong know!

Yup, you have the batteries setup wrong, and you will most likely have to resolder, unless you have traxxas connecters in which case you can swap the wires. At least its the cheapest problem to fix:)