Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree172Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toyota 2jz
Just sold my six worst car and worst consistent car I have ever driven what a waste of money thank God I got my money back for that piece I think over half of you on this forum agree with me but you've already spent the money so you don't want to say anything bad about the car! but I actually have the balls to say so and speak the truth
What makes you say that? Are you sure there wasn't something wrong with the setup? I'm just curious because I havnt driven one yet but I'm buying one tonight. Did you add weights?
Old 12-02-2013, 06:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nickdawg18
What makes you say that? Are you sure there wasn't something wrong with the setup? I'm just curious because I havnt driven one yet but I'm buying one tonight. Did you add weights?
Its aluminum chassis car its not going to be as easy to drive as a ae but when you get some time on it and figure out how to tune it the car is awesome! There is so much to tune on it and I still haven't tryed everything yet. The car is by far one of the most stable cars I have driven.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Holmberg418
Its aluminum chassis car its not going to be as easy to drive as a ae but when you get some time on it and figure out how to tune it the car is awesome! There is so much to tune on it and I still haven't tryed everything yet. The car is by far one of the most stable cars I have driven.
Good. I just bought one and 2 sets of springs and the avid stock slipper kit.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

Just got the new PL Phantom body. Looking forward to trying it out.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just sold my six worst car and worst consistent car I have ever driven what a waste of money thank God I got my money back for that piece I think over half of you on this forum agree with me but you've already spent the money so you don't want to say anything bad about the car! but I actually have the balls to say so and speak the truth
There's a reason it's your 6th car. Love my kyosho 10 x more than my b4.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Default This might be of help to you...

http://www.trinitysem.edu/Student/Le...Sentences.html
Old 12-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skengines
Thats the one with the wing down the middle right?
Old 12-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Now that's funny.

My RB6 is dialed, got fast lap and tq'd round 1 and second in the main just yesterday. With my b4 I was consistently in 6-7 spot.
What I have the balls to say, is anyone that complains about an RB6 probably can't tune for crap. You can't just slap a pro drivers setup on it from some random track you've never ran on and expect to win, gotta be willing to make the adjustments needed to tailor the car to every different track. Once setup properly the car is a rocket ship.

The real problem it seems, is that people can't tune their cars anymore. Yes the Kcar can be hard to drive until its right, some buggys are easy to drive no matter what but even with those buggys you won't be able to hang with the fast guys until learning proper setup.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skengines
I ordered it and cancelled it soon after. Can you post pics once you have yours. Its good for a mid motor car but I run mine RM so wanted to see a racers rig rather than the factory pics .
Old 12-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VenturaDC
Now that's funny.

My RB6 is dialed, got fast lap and tq'd round 1 and second in the main just yesterday. With my b4 I was consistently in 6-7 spot.
What I have the balls to say, is anyone that complains about an RB6 probably can't tune for crap. You can't just slap a pro drivers setup on it from some random track you've never ran on and expect to win, gotta be willing to make the adjustments needed to tailor the car to every different track. Once setup properly the car is a rocket ship.

The real problem it seems, is that people can't tune their cars anymore. Yes the Kcar can be hard to drive until its right, some buggys are easy to drive no matter what but even with those buggys you won't be able to hang with the fast guys until learning proper setup.
+1
Old 12-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by VenturaDC
Now that's funny.

My plan with the buggy is to start with the box setup but I figured since i'm going to be running on a smooth carpet track that right off the bat I'm going to put in yellow front springs and red rear springs 30wt losi in the front and 25 losi wt in the rear. Mid motor setup. with the avid slipper setup. I havnt got an aluminum steering setup yet, what do you guys reccommend?
Old 12-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Personally I love my RB6, I was very cautious in swapping from my TLR22 but now I have done it I wouldn't go back.
The car is easy to get right IMO, I got my MM carpet car set in three heats.

I do have one question I am finding I am cracking front and rear wheels often and its not due to crashing as I crash less than when I first started with my 22 and never cracked a TLR wheel.
Is this common?
Old 12-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I run MM and I just ordered the RF and RR Rear Suspension Holders. What letter bushings should I use to gain more rear traction? Thanks
Old 12-03-2013, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KalEl63
Personally I love my RB6, I was very cautious in swapping from my TLR22 but now I have done it I wouldn't go back.
The car is easy to get right IMO, I got my MM carpet car set in three heats.

I do have one question I am finding I am cracking front and rear wheels often and its not due to crashing as I crash less than when I first started with my 22 and never cracked a TLR wheel.
Is this common?
Strange that you are cracking the wheels. I have wheels that are over a year old now and have been used multiple items. What glue are you using and if you are removing the tyres, how are you doing it?
Old 12-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It is perfectly normal to crack the inside bead of a wheel--its the weakest part. Wheels don't last forever. When I go to soak tires off wheels to reuse wheels, it's normal that fronts sometimes are not reusable. Its less common on rears. I've had this happen on every brand of wheel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.