Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree172Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Nah, forget teh 5 amrs. If your rear end really is THAT planted, and you are looking for more corner speed, the first thing I would do is switch to 2.5 degrees of rear toe instead of 3. Will be money!
Tried that, but I didn't like the traction it gave up. It felt like it wouldn't lock in when I exited. Since I run stock 17.5 there us a fine line that I'm balancing on. The car is so good right now but now I want more, maybe what I'm looking for isn't obtainable.. But I have to keep searching
Old 01-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
The K car needs nothing. The shocks are the cream of the crop, the turnbuckles are indestructible, the ball diff is one of the best in the business, and I have local parts support.
You know what you need to do You will smack yourself for not doing it sooner. And don't forget, you can always keep your AE gear/roller for a month or so just to make sure you actually prefer the 6. If not, you can always sell the 6 and go back.

but you wont
Old 01-16-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
From what I've read, the MR has the lower end shocks, and gear diff. I can live with the shocks, but having to mail order everything and "upgrade" to a ball diff is damn near a deal breaker. There aren't even enough people running it to get a good feel for what breaks/wears prematurely and what doesn't.

The K car needs nothing. The shocks are the cream of the crop, the turnbuckles are indestructible, the ball diff is one of the best in the business, and I have local parts support.
I couldn't agree more. Shocks are cream of the crop. I don't understand why people are changing things out so much. I would go completely crazy....
Old 01-16-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

tr8tot are you running with shorty all the way forward. My style is similar to yours and found that I like shorty best with it all the way forward (base I started with epers setup on petit). I started tuning my setup from that and all thats left now is a little corner push to tune out, which can be fixed with holeshot fronts I think .
Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How do I figure out how to get the different rear toe combinations? In other words what blocks are needed to get 2.5/3/3.5 etc in rear toe on the 6?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gitsum
How do I figure out how to get the different rear toe combinations? In other words what blocks are needed to get 2.5/3/3.5 etc in rear toe on the 6?
I believe the toe is fixed at 3 degree's. This means you can't change them at the block. If you need to change the toe then you need to purchase the hubs and install them as needed.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Gitsum
Inboard toe is fixed at 3 degrees. You can only change outboard toe on this car, and it's done with the hubs. Because inboard is 3 degrees, you get:

0 degree hubs = 3
.5 degree hubs = 3.5
1 degree hubs = 4

.5 degree hubs backwards = 2.5
1 degree hubs backwards = 2
Old 01-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Inboard toe is fixed at 3 degrees. You can only change outboard toe on this car, and it's done with the hubs. Because inboard is 3 degrees, you get:

0 degree hubs = 3
.5 degree hubs = 3.5
1 degree hubs = 4

That would be good to add to your new first post!!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

anyone tried the MIP Super Diff for the RB6? I'm thinking about having a built up diff in the tool box ready to go ... for 40 bucks it seems like a good option
Old 01-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I think the stock kyosho outdrives wear out a lot faster. So the MIP might be a good option. Right now I have 1 spare diff fresh after that will get the MIP. Let us know your wear rate on the mips.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

0 degree hubs = 3
.5 degree hubs = 3.5
1 degree hubs = 4

Ok so regardless if you use the wide or narrow hangers its still 3* fixed. Good to know thanks!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ChadBlanton
That would be good to add to your new first post!!

Originally Posted by ChadBlanton
anyone tried the MIP Super Diff for the RB6? I'm thinking about having a built up diff in the tool box ready to go ... for 40 bucks it seems like a good option
I am keeping my eye on the MIP stuff (have been for a year). Currently, I see no reason to move to the MIP Diff, unless the outdrives wear considerably slower. What I am waiting for, are MIP's swing shafts, in hopes they wear a lot slower than the kyosho swing shafts (the pins where they wear on the outdrives). If there is a noticeable improvement in wear, I will change diffs and axle/swingshafts to MIPs. The stock Kyosho pieces just wear too quickly.

The one thing i am not sure about, is the fact that the MIP diff is imperial/standard, and not metric. What does that mean for the outdrive bearings? I assume that part of the diff is metric. Has anybody tried it yet?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Question - Do any of the pro Kyosho driver (Tebo, King), ever get on here to help answer questions from us mear mortals??

I know that pro's from other manufacturers like Durango, AE, Losi, cant do enough to help out.

Dont get me wrong, im Kyosho through & through, but to me some of the top Kyosho guys seem a little quiet.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by corky_rc
Question - Do any of the pro Kyosho driver (Tebo, King), ever get on here to help answer questions from us mear mortals??

I know that pro's from other manufacturers like Durango, AE, Losi, cant do enough to help out.

Dont get me wrong, im Kyosho through & through, but to me some of the top Kyosho guys seem a little quiet.
They ARE quiet.. and it's been a topic of discussion more places than just RCtech. The only K Team driver I have seen hop on here and help out, is one of my buddies from T.R.C.R, team driver Ryan Matesa... He's not a pro (paid to drive), but even non-pro team drivers input can be pretty valuable... And Ryan is brutally fast. Iv only seen him come on a few times. Where you at, Ryan?
Old 01-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

They ARE quiet.. and it's been a topic of discussion more places than just RCtech. The only K Team driver I have seen hop on here and help out, is one of my buddies from T.R.C.R, team driver Ryan Matesa... He's not a pro (paid to drive), but even non-pro team drivers input can be pretty valuable... And Ryan is brutally fast. Iv only seen him come on a few times. Where you at, Ryan?
The AE guys are fairly quiet as well. I know that they share the majority of their info on Facebook, but I believe that's Team Driver to Team Driver.

I am keeping my eye on the MIP stuff (have been for a year). Currently, I see no reason to move to the MIP Diff, unless the outdrives wear considerably slower. What I am waiting for, are MIP's swing shafts, in hopes they wear a lot slower than the kyosho swing shafts (the pins where they wear on the outdrives). If there is a noticeable improvement in wear, I will change diffs and axle/swingshafts to MIPs. The stock Kyosho pieces just wear too quickly.

The one thing i am not sure about, is the fact that the MIP diff is imperial/standard, and not metric. What does that mean for the outdrive bearings? I assume that part of the diff is metric. Has anybody tried it yet?

Has anybody successfully replaced the pins on the stock CVDs? I think I remember somebody saying that they were able to do it with the Hudy tool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.