Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree172Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Has anyone seen a parts listing yet?
Old 08-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Thank you for the lesson on "how the world works", I feel so enlightened.
However I think you may be mistaken. If all the other manufacturers are going to raise their price based on this buggy, then why are elec. TC prices all over the map? You can buy a decent race TC for $250, or you can spend $500+.
It simply costs more to manufacture a higher quality product, wether it's a toy car or a full size car. With any revision intended to increase performance of any a product, the price is going to go up, especially when you start adding features and improving overall quality. A 23% price increase is a little high, but considering increased manufacturing costs and added features, I don't think it's too high.
And why is the price the bigest talking point on this buggy so far? Two reasons;
1. That's all we really know about the car. Only a hand full of people in the world have even held one, let alone driven one.
2. Whiners are always the most vocal.
p.s. This is a public forum, I'm not going anywhere!

I guess your lesson on how the world works is way better than his

This is a public forum and you should respect other peoples opinions instead of lashing out when they are not the same as yours.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnslprd
I guess your lesson on how the world works is way better than his
Old 08-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

You know what...I am sick and tired about reading how much this is and everyone trying to compare it to something else and so on. Before it gets out of hand lets move on from that topic and talk about something else. Or perhaps I should lock the thread and delete new ones until the car is released? Your choice.

Did you see that caster is adjustable in the front via inserts?

Kyosho America's facebook page doesn't believe that it will come with aluminum bell-cranks in the front.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

/\ /\
Old 08-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
You know what...I am sick and tired about reading how much this is and everyone trying to compare it to something else and so on. Before it gets out of hand lets move on from that topic and talk about something else. Or perhaps I should lock the thread and delete new ones until the car is released? Your choice.

Did you see that caster is adjustable in the front via inserts?

Kyosho America's facebook page doesn't believe that it will come with aluminum bell-cranks in the front.
OK fine. It appears the car comes with front and rear hexes. Big plus in my book. I've been away from Kyosho for a while. If I recall they used to sell arms one front and one rear per package. By the time I sold my ZX5 I had like 20 rear arms and one front left. Is that still the case?
Old 08-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Derry
If you plan on beating me in the showdown series this year Tyson, you better get that Ferrari on pre order!! I just did...

HAHA, Oh im going to try, going to be a good year hopefully!!

and yea I will have one of those buggys before the seasons starts haha...
Old 08-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
OK fine. It appears the car comes with front and rear hexes. Big plus in my book. I've been away from Kyosho for a while. If I recall they used to sell arms one front and one rear per package. By the time I sold my ZX5 I had like 20 rear arms and one front left. Is that still the case?
It is still the case for the current cars. We won't know for certain with this car till we get a manual/parts list.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Has anyone seen a parts listing yet?
Yes, With a conversion of what will work on the Rb5. Should be posted soon on the Kyosho site. Vendors already have them too.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

A conversion wouild be a very good thing. I have already spent b*ttloads of money on the big bores and springs alone, an upgrade kit like what Losi did with the Short Course truck making it halfway decent would be a huge plus, as long as it's cheaper then the whole new kit by at least $200.00. That I could go for.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

I can't see a conversion kit because there might be to much of a difference. I could see a cross reference list of what works between the two cars but a conversion kit would be nice.

Last edited by Kraig; 08-03-2012 at 05:14 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Are there any pics of Tebo's race car with the body off floating around the web or that can now be published?

Would like to see how he has the car laid out.

Cheers,
Scotty
Old 08-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I wouldn't expect those till the Nats. I am sure there will be plenty taken during that race as everyone else hides prototype cars this time.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottyP
Are there any pics of Tebo's race car with the body off floating around the web or that can now be published?

Would like to see how he has the car laid out.

Cheers,
Scotty
I spent the day hanging out with the Kyosho guys at the HRH Shootout before they announced the car and got to see it up close. He had the Orion R10 behind the battery and was running the new Orion adjustable weight battery with the empty part of the compartment cut off, effectively making it a shorty pack. He's only doing this because Orion hasn't shipped their shorty packs yet. I'm guessing they'll have them by Nats though, because the cut pack isn't ROAR legal.

He ran his KO Propo receiver on the right-rear side of the battery tray, on the plastic part, in the traditional position, and the R10 capacitor on the opposite side in the same position. The plastic sides on the chassis actually have a channel that you can run the wires through, allowing you to conceal them. Tebo's wiring was very clean.

He also ran the transponder on top of the servo, as usual.

And those of you saying that nobody's seen this thing up close and in person, nor on the track, you're wrong. I've had a very good look at it in the pits and watched it up close in three mains. It looks beautiful and is planted around the track.

Jared told me he probably would have finished better (he qual'd 3rd and finished 4th) if he had stuck with his original setup, which he TQ'd with in the first two rounds. He just felt like he needed to keep tweaking the car because it's so new and he wanted to know how far he could push it. In his last two mains he said the setup he was running was pushing too much, but his initial setup was perfect.

The most encouraging thing I heard him say was that he loves the car and wouldn't change anything on it. Of course, that may change after he's run it for a while, but his initial impression was extremely positive. And I have to assume that guys who drive at that level have pretty good instincts about the cars they're driving.

So we'll see how he does at the Nats. I'm also looking forward to seeing Cody Turner wheel one, after he beat Dustin Evans and red-hot Steven Hartson at the JBRL last week. We may have another top K driver in the making. Great acquisition for Kyosho!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdowney
I spent the day hanging out with the Kyosho guys at the HRH Shootout before they announced the car and got to see it up close. He had the Orion R10 behind the battery and was running the new Orion adjustable weight battery with the empty part of the compartment cut off, effectively making it a shorty pack. He's only doing this because Orion hasn't shipped their shorty packs yet. I'm guessing they'll have them by Nats though, because the cut pack isn't ROAR legal.

He ran his KO Propo receiver on the right-rear side of the battery tray, on the plastic part, in the traditional position, and the R10 capacitor on the opposite side in the same position. The plastic sides on the chassis actually have a channel that you can run the wires through, allowing you to conceal them. Tebo's wiring was very clean.

He also ran the transponder on top of the servo, as usual.

And those of you saying that nobody's seen this thing up close and in person, nor on the track, you're wrong. I've had a very good look at it in the pits and watched it up close in three mains. It looks beautiful and is planted around the track.

Jared told me he probably would have finished better (he qual'd 3rd and finished 4th) if he had stuck with his original setup, which he TQ'd with in the first two rounds. He just felt like he needed to keep tweaking the car because it's so new and he wanted to know how far he could push it. In his last two mains he said the setup he was running was pushing too much, but his initial setup was perfect.

The most encouraging thing I heard him say was that he loves the car and wouldn't change anything on it. Of course, that may change after he's run it for a while, but his initial impression was extremely positive. And I have to assume that guys who drive at that level have pretty good instincts about the cars they're driving.

So we'll see how he does at the Nats. I'm also looking forward to seeing Cody Turner wheel one, after he beat Dustin Evans and red-hot Steven Hartson at the JBRL last week. We may have another top K driver in the making. Great acquisition for Kyosho!
Did he run the motor forward or back?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.