Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread >

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Like Tree172Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Old 08-02-2012, 12:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fusiongraphix
This hobby is extremely cheap!! It is the cheapest form of racing out there!
it doesn't even compare to anything? except of course Ball sports?? you can call it a hobby or a sport or racing, but the simple fact is, it is extremely affordable. Why I say it sucks is because the people that do this sport, do it because it is cheap.. of course you can spend 1,000 - 2000 easily.. but that is really it? name one form of racing that you can get into that is as fun as RC racing that you can get a ton of bad ass shit for around a $1,000. I say it sucks that the prices are going so high on 2wd buggy's because my local track is already suffering for competition and racing and if prices keep going up, our local hobby's stores are going to be forced to shut down and overall Kyosho is going to lose more money.. Yea maybe the larger populated citys wont suffer, but most smaller ones will!!

Motocross racing costs around $10,000 before you even get to kick your leg over the bike.. then there is so much more.. the cheapest form of Circle track car racing will cost you say 5,000 - 10,000 just to get into say a Hobbystock race car and those are pretty much the cheapest class out there.

As a business owner, I understand both spectrum of costs and profits and like I said I dont really care personally, I plan on buying one! I love Kyosho's and I would still spend $450 on one over a FREE B4.1.. but atleast most people can afford a B4.1 and atleast be competitive in racing. but pretty soon, like I said every 2wd buggy will be $400ea..

I would almost bet that this new RB6 doesn't cost anymore to make then the older RB5 WC.. yea the R&D cost more and the time and effort to design and build the new design, but hell that is what its all about!! they have to do that for every single rig out there!!

The people that spend money on custom paint jobs or BLOODLY radio wraps probably don't complain about the pricing? paint jobs and cool decals is more then half the fun in this sport!! Anyone who has tried or does RC painting probably does it becuase they enjoy it. not to make tons of money! I don't do RC graphics to make money, because the price tag on anything RC graphic related has to be affordable or people wont buy it.. I do it to have fun and offer something cool for people. I dont even do that much RC related graphics.. My Bloodly Carbon Radio Wraps are only $20 and probably cost me $15 to make and then I have to ship them for another $3.. haha

thats enough already.. im done.. haha...
Value is in the eye of the beholder. I do my own paint jobs, at most 3 colours. The extra can of paint $4 and masking tape is a waste of time and money. It's fun, but it won't make me fast. I enjoy it nevertheless.

$450 for a RB6 goes into the car. So does the $120 brushless servo. So does the $400 radio. They go straight into performance. To me that's value.

The great thing about this hobby is there's gonna be something for everyone, even to stay competitive. When was 2wd the entry class? One can grab the thrill of racing through Mini-Z, no? Electric 1/8 buggies are relatively cheap these days and very durable. As mentioned, TeamC is great value for money and competitive. 1/10 buggies with big bores, kevlar spurs out of the box.

ISTC and 2wd buggy, being IFMAR classes, says it all. There's a lot at stake, and the public wish to experience (a little!) of the highest level of RC racing
Old 08-02-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dmatter
Undo cartridge x amount of turns, hold shock at 22.5* angle, compress at x amount of speed, tighten cartridge x amount of speed, do over one more time, wash hands=Dialed
There's your problem... you're building the shocks incorrectly. No wonder you want a bleeder screw.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big chris
I'm glad it's high priced. Maybe it will keep all the guys that couldn't wheel a Bandit around the track away from it and then limit the "I broke every part on this car and it's 'junk' " posts! Those who want to step up the game will break out the wallet. Some guys will be the fastest in the world with a 250 dollar car. That's life man!

It's a pro level car, pay to play. I may never be more than a middle of the pack guy but a superb car could give me the confidence I need to get better. I will have one the day it ships to the hobby shop.

Can I get an Amen!!
No one has driven this car let alone touch it and you are basing the quality and intended market soley by price? Ok.

The forums are full of guys buying race quality kits for bashing, and then coming on the forums and asking newbe questions all the time. But when the price of a 2wd buggy is approaching that of an 1/8 scale buggy, i think that is getting a little extreme.

Ya the 450 price will keep some of the yahoos away, but if the price is too high it may kill the class because of cost. Why do you think sc trucks are so popular? Plain and simple... Price.

I dont know about other areas, but where i race 1/8 electric buggies were becoming real popular, however many people switched because of cost. Pay your 450 but be careful what you wish for because one day the 2wd buggy class might only consist of 3 or 4 middle aged guys with disposable income who can afford it. Fun!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I fell like going out and buying a 22 and putting velvet shocks on it bam i have an rb6!!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CT RACER
I fell like going out and buying a 22 and putting velvet shocks on it bam i have an rb6!!
I plan on doing something similar, but with a Durango DEX210. I dont race on tracks that need such a long chassis.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I tried that on the rango still feels butt heavy no matter how stiff the rear, how fwd the hubs etc.... The only thing close to the kyosho is the cougar in mid motor albeit with leaky shocks.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This hobby is extremely cheap!! It is the cheapest form of racing out there!
it doesn't even compare to anything? except of course Ball sports?? you can call it a hobby or a sport or racing, but the simple fact is, it is extremely affordable. Why I say it sucks is because the people that do this sport, do it because it is cheap.. of course you can spend 1,000 - 2000 easily.. but that is really it? name one form of racing that you can get into that is as fun as RC racing that you can get a ton of bad ass shit for around a $1,000. I say it sucks that the prices are going so high on 2wd buggy's because my local track is already suffering for competition and racing and if prices keep going up, our local hobby's stores are going to be forced to shut down and overall Kyosho is going to lose more money.. Yea maybe the larger populated citys wont suffer, but most smaller ones will!!

Motocross racing costs around $10,000 before you even get to kick your leg over the bike.. then there is so much more.. the cheapest form of Circle track car racing will cost you say 5,000 - 10,000 just to get into say a Hobbystock race car and those are pretty much the cheapest class out there.

As a business owner, I understand both spectrum of costs and profits and like I said I dont really care personally, I plan on buying one! I love Kyosho's and I would still spend $450 on one over a FREE B4.1.. but atleast most people can afford a B4.1 and atleast be competitive in racing. but pretty soon, like I said every 2wd buggy will be $400ea..

I would almost bet that this new RB6 doesn't cost anymore to make then the older RB5 WC.. yea the R&D cost more and the time and effort to design and build the new design, but hell that is what its all about!! they have to do that for every single rig out there!!

The people that spend money on custom paint jobs or BLOODLY radio wraps probably don't complain about the pricing? paint jobs and cool decals is more then half the fun in this sport!! Anyone who has tried or does RC painting probably does it becuase they enjoy it. not to make tons of money! I don't do RC graphics to make money, because the price tag on anything RC graphic related has to be affordable or people wont buy it.. I do it to have fun and offer something cool for people. I dont even do that much RC related graphics.. My Bloodly Carbon Radio Wraps are only $20 and probably cost me $15 to make and then I have to ship them for another $3.. haha

thats enough already.. im done.. haha...
I'm sorry, trying to compare this hobby of racing model cars to ANY form of full-scale racing is just plain stupid! Apples and oranges!
Nobody in the world NEEDS this car to win. If you only want to spend $250 on a car, go buy one. If you like high quality products, like I do, you'll need to spend a little more. All the pissing and moaning about the price of this car is rediculous!
How you like them apples?
Old 08-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
I'm sorry, trying to compare this hobby of racing model cars to ANY form of full-scale racing is just plain stupid! Apples and oranges!
Nobody in the world NEEDS this car to win. If you only want to spend $250 on a car, go buy one. If you like high quality products, like I do, you'll need to spend a little more. All the pissing and moaning about the price of this car is rediculous!
How you like them apples?
haha.. you obviously haven't been reading the discussion and what my points were based off of.

of course its apples to oranges. that was my whole point.

Once again, I never once meant to sound like I was pissing and moaning about the price, like i said I will probably buy one too. My opinion is mainly trying to state that this high of a price is going to hurt the 2wd buggy class. Which in return will probably make all the other manufactures raise there prices as well. that is how the world works. There really isn't nothing we can do about it. unless we all as a group tried to strike purchasing this buggy, but that is plain stupid and will never happen. I can guarantee that Kyosho had some serious meetings regarding this price. Obviously more people then less are upset with the price and even if they are not upset they are still saying that it is high.

its really funny how people are defending that high of a price and want to pay that much. Ive never heard that before. I'm a bit surprised.

discussing, complaining, and complimenting are all what Forums are for. so actually it should be the other way around, if you don't like hearing about the high price then maybe you should not come into this forum. Obviously the price is a huge concern and probably the largest topic on this buggy. yea maybe it shouldn't be the main topic but it is.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

...make all the other manufactures raise there prices as well
Kyosho doesn't have that kind of pull. If they did, all 1/8 Buggies would cost $850 by now.

Later,
Old 08-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

In the any publicity is good publicity department, the price point is working wonders.

I would think for the other manufactures to match the price, Kyosho would have to have some triumphant sales, that make it obvious the masses are willing to pay a premium price for any 2wd buggy. Which the American manufacturers might pull off, if they made their stuff in America, since the whole Made in the USA thing is kind of a hot topic now. If they still wanted to play the cost of living difference game to inflate their profit margins, people might not be so keen on it. Not to mention a quality increase, which from reading this thread and others, Kyosho quality is fairly universally regarded as being higher than its competitors.

Also the market I think would have room for a premium priced car, to some people, that is a selling point. Like how General Motors would sell 3 cars nearly identical except for the name on it and trim options. Also companies AE TLR Kyosho probably make the vast majority of their money selling to the general public, unlike the smaller companies that just care about racing, sort of like Ferrari, they care about top performance and racing, not top profits through general public friendly price points.

The detrimental effect I could see it having though, would be the people that see someone going fast with the highest dollar of equipment, and blame their finish on the money. Psychologically that can have some ill effects, when the reality of it probably is, a small handful of races take place, where the outcome is determined solely on the difference between the absolute best hardware, and say 90% best. In racing its always that last bit of performance that costs ridiculous amounts.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

haha.. you obviously haven't been reading the discussion and what my points were based off of.

Once again, I never once meant to sound like I was pissing and moaning about the price, like i said I will probably buy one too. My opinion is mainly trying to state that this high of a price is going to hurt the 2wd buggy class. Which in return will probably make all the other manufactures raise there prices as well. that is how the world works. There really isn't nothing we can do about it. unless we all as a group tried to strike purchasing this buggy, but that is plain stupid and will never happen. I can guarantee that Kyosho had some serious meetings regarding this price. Obviously more people then less are upset with the price and even if they are not upset they are still saying that it is high.

its really funny how people are defending that high of a price and want to pay that much. Ive never heard that before. I'm a bit surprised.

discussing, complaining, and complimenting are all what Forums are for. so actually it should be the other way around, if you don't like hearing about the high price then maybe you should not come into this forum. Obviously the price is a huge concern and probably the largest topic on this buggy. yea maybe it shouldn't be the main topic but it is.

If you plan on beating me in the showdown series this year Tyson, you better get that Ferrari on pre order!! I just did...
Old 08-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thank you for the lesson on "how the world works", I feel so enlightened.
However I think you may be mistaken. If all the other manufacturers are going to raise their price based on this buggy, then why are elec. TC prices all over the map? You can buy a decent race TC for $250, or you can spend $500+.
It simply costs more to manufacture a higher quality product, wether it's a toy car or a full size car. With any revision intended to increase performance of any a product, the price is going to go up, especially when you start adding features and improving overall quality. A 23% price increase is a little high, but considering increased manufacturing costs and added features, I don't think it's too high.
And why is the price the bigest talking point on this buggy so far? Two reasons;
1. That's all we really know about the car. Only a hand full of people in the world have even held one, let alone driven one.
2. Whiners are always the most vocal.
p.s. This is a public forum, I'm not going anywhere!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

AE/TLR probably sell 10 buggys for every Kyosho sold. Maybe more.

Personally, the price doesn't bother me. RC is cheaper than a cigarette habit.

My only fear is Kyosho will change and cheapen out. I hope they stay awesome.

My son "needed" my WC so I'll drive his TLR 22 until the RB6 comes out.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I love Kyosho's and I would still spend $450 on one over a FREE B4.1.. .
x1000000!!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Thank you for the lesson on "how the world works", I feel so enlightened.
However I think you may be mistaken. If all the other manufacturers are going to raise their price based on this buggy, then why are elec. TC prices all over the map? You can buy a decent race TC for $250, or you can spend $500+.
It simply costs more to manufacture a higher quality product, wether it's a toy car or a full size car. With any revision intended to increase performance of any a product, the price is going to go up, especially when you start adding features and improving overall quality. A 23% price increase is a little high, but considering increased manufacturing costs and added features, I don't think it's too high.
And why is the price the bigest talking point on this buggy so far? Two reasons;
1. That's all we really know about the car. Only a hand full of people in the world have even held one, let alone driven one.
2. Whiners are always the most vocal.
p.s. This is a public forum, I'm not going anywhere!
I don't think anyone is whining about the price, precisely for the reasons you outline above. No one has been able to assess the product yet.

I think what people are doing is reacting to the highest priced 2wd buggy released to date as far as I know. That alone will cause a reaction. Some people are concerned this will set a precedent for other manufactures to follow.

Anyone with that "pay to play" attitude, or "you get what you pay for" mentality is defending something they have not even seen yet. That way of thinking isn't any more justifiable than the price whiners.

I can afford to buy the buggy. Most of the equipment I own is of the higher end, but I still won't buy something if I think it's overpriced. I will wait until after the reviews come in. If it is worth the price fine, if not I will try something else. It seems like I switch brands about every 6 months anyway, so it may be worth a try. (Although I always seem to go back to AE)

For me it is like batteries. I tried the cheap brands but did not have much success. I will pay the extra money for a well known brand that offers a good warranty without question. But is the Kyosho 100 to 200 dollars better than everything else? Who knows.

I still think 450 is a lot of money for a 2wd buggy. I don't think thats whining is it?

Last edited by zipperfoot; 08-02-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.