Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread >

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Like Tree172Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Old 08-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Proffitt
losi part house = cheap pre-order special
$450 seems like a great bargain
Old 08-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I will stick to my amain preorder with some coupons shud be cheaper...
Old 08-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Old 08-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Looks like $449, same as speedtech rc?

Originally Posted by The Proffitt
losi part house = cheap pre-order special
Old 08-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Entr0phy
If you can't afford the car, or don't want to spend 450$ on one then don't, go get a b4 or a traxxas bandit and gtfo out of this thread. It would be nice to read some relevant and mature discussion on the car rather than 6 pages of people whining about its price or making completely unfounded claims about its ability to produce traction.
On a different note, and for the sake of keeping this thread somewhat on track, I think this car looks great, I have pre-ordered two. One will be a race only vehicle and the other for testing and tuning. I think the battery layout is a great feature, it will certainly be nice to have a car that accommodates saddle, stick, and shorty packs without having to always change the position of the speedo and other electronics. Glad to hear the stock springs are X-gear, and that there is a small degree of parts cross-compatibility between the RB5 and 6. The alum steering rack looks like a great design, definitely a nice addition.
I feel that this car is on par with the new generation of buggies, i.e., the dex210 and the 22....however, I am glad those car have been out for a while and I'm hoping the Kyosho engineers learned from the mistakes and shortcoming of those cars and were able to create a superior product. Guess, only time will tell....
So, you are saying it has:
metal chassis, (22 has)
fits all types of batteries, (22 has)
use old springs you have, (I don't have rb5)
nice looking aluminum steering rack, (lovely)

and from what you are saying,
you should buy this car if:
you are a huge kyosho fan,
you own a RB5 with spring set,
you desperately love the steering system and believe the design worth an extra $100,

anything more to convince people buy this over other buggies(i.e. 22), or even give up their buggy and buy this?

*kyosho better dominate some world events with this, like their 1/8 buggy or 2wd short course(lightweight performance, even if fragile).
Old 08-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Again nobody's asking you to buy it. Thats like saying buy a ferrari because its the best car there is out there. Its got 4 wheels engine and seats same as a kia.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMOKE-DOG
I don't like the front shock tower. Looks too much like the B4 which I thought was silly. Should have kept the low profile RB5 one. Looked much cleaner.
I don't care what the shock tower *looks* like, I just like that it now protects those expensive big bore shocks. There may also be a geometry benefit, but I don't know. I think this was a wise move on their part.

Originally Posted by asc6000
LOL I'm with you, thats a mirror your'e looking at, who can tell it's a better car from just looking at the pics?
Well, I watched it go around the track through three races and examined it up close and in person. I'm not making any wild claims about it's performance either. I just think it looked pretty damn dialed on the track. I'll reserve judgment until I've wheeled one around my track though.

Originally Posted by Derry
Chuck Norris thinks this buggy is badass.... Can't argue with Chuck.
It had to be said.

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
I build my K shocks 100% perfectly fine, 100% perfectly accurate corner to corner, with the exact amount of rebound I want, every single time... without a bleeder screw.
(edit: and oh yeah, iv never had a single issue mounting untrimmed tires to a kyosho wheel, either.)
+1. I love the design of the K shocks. So easy to build perfectly every time. Bleeder screws are a pain in the ass, IMO. Trying to thread that tiny little screw while it slips out of your oil-covered fingers onto the floor...
Old 08-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

We all do this for fun, I think its awesome there are so many different options out there. Something for everyone! You can easily spend $100 to trick out any other buggy to make it like the cool kids. If the K-car comes out of the box cool, its ends up about the same as the rest. Just an opinion of course.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joelwhite
We all do this for fun, I think its awesome there are so many different options out there. Something for everyone! You can easily spend $100 to trick out any other buggy to make it like the cool kids. If the K-car comes out of the box cool, its ends up about the same as the rest. Just an opinion of course.
You will also spend an additional $100+ to trick this car out. Aluminum hinge pin holders, alum hubs....
Old 08-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Ive heard it all regarding if you are complaining don't buy it!

But this is my two cents on the whole pricing issue!

First off I agree with most by saying its a K car and you get what you pay for! so you wont mind getting raped by the price.

However, this price is just straight ridiculous. I can understand being $100 more then AE or Losi, as in the WC kit, but not $200. There is no reason this car should be $450.. it should be the same as the WC at $350.

B4.1 Worlds $249.99
Losi 22 $249.99
RB5 WC $349
RB6 $449

Problem is everyone will buy it still. hell I will probably buy one too!

As a business owner, I understand costs and what not, but I also understand making a fair retail price and you will sell more overall.

I guarantee that Kyosho would sell twice as many if they would have left the price at $350..

So the whole reason Im even commenting on this subject is now it is going to ruin it for everyone. I guarantee that now Kyosho is setting such a high retail price. the New AE B4 or B5 or whatever it will be will most likey will have a higher retail price and same with everyone else. it might not happen right away, but mark my words in a year or two all the 2wd buggies will have a retail price of $350-400.. its going to hurt the sport. the whole reason 2wd buggies are fun and are the top of the sport for RC is because they are affordable. We can all say goodbye to that now.

if anyone disagrees I don't really care, but this exact thing happened in Onroad.. now all the top of the line touring cars are $500-800 bucks..

it just sucks thats all...
Old 08-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

I kind of agree with this statement. It did kinda kill 1/10 TC in a way. But that class even though dead brought back another cheap and great on road class the 1/8 GT cars!! Its just a cycle nothing to be sad about ......
Old 08-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fusiongraphix

First off I agree with most by saying its a K car and you get what you pay for! so you wont mind getting raped by the price.

However, this price is just straight ridiculous. I can understand being $100 more then AE or Losi, as in the WC kit, but not $200. There is no reason this car should be $450.. it should be the same as the WC at $350.

B4.1 Worlds $249.99
Losi 22 $249.99
RB5 WC $349
RB6 $449

As a business owner, I understand costs and what not, but I also understand making a fair retail price and you will sell more overall.

I guarantee that Kyosho would sell twice as many if they would have left the price at $350..

So the whole reason Im even commenting on this subject is now it is going to ruin it for everyone. I guarantee that now Kyosho is setting such a high retail price. the New AE B4 or B5 or whatever it will be will most likey will have a higher retail price and same with everyone else. it might not happen right away, but mark my words in a year or two all the 2wd buggies will have a retail price of $350-400.. its going to hurt the sport. the whole reason 2wd buggies are fun and are the top of the sport for RC is because they are affordable. We can all say goodbye to that now.

if anyone disagrees I don't really care, but this exact thing happened in Onroad.. now all the top of the line touring cars are $500-800 bucks..

funny thing is i was thinking the same thing, soon u may not be able to get a "Cheap" buggy anymore, wouldnt be suprised to see the rtr's jump up in price either. But you are correct, as long as people buy it price wont drop
Old 08-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fusiongraphix

B4.1 Worlds $249.99
Losi 22 $249.99
RB5 WC $349
RB6 $449

It doesn't suck at all. Why would it suck? I love this hobby!

Why pay that much for a B4.1 whereas a TeamC can be just as competitive at a fraction of the cost?

Maybe Kyosho aren't just in it for the profit, at least in their competitive range. I suppose if Kyosho moved their production to China and released a RTR Ultima RB6 or RB6 Sport we'll all be happy?

Why is Pro-Line being so stupid to produce all their products in USA and not offshore them to China? And their helpdesk to India? I'm positive the profits will increase and the shareholders will be thrilled.

I am glad Kyosho has taken a stance to produce high quality competitive products Made in Japan regardless of the profit margin. Kyosho make plenty through their Mini-Z range anyway!

I haven't been in this hobby for long, but I do know one thing: it is not cheap. I know many better things to spend my money on, with the family, investment to make even more money.

I find it silly people are complaining about costs in this hobby, when they spend money on custom paint jobs and bloodly radio wraps! But we all know looking good can be just as fast. And this baby RB6 looks sexy!
Old 08-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Besides, there'll be a new version out in 6 months anyway.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

a new kyosho rb6 doesn't come cheap, as does an aston martin or ferrari or lamborghini....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.