Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree172Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What's the word on a new car for dirt? Not sure why they are so behind.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SAMCRO
1/8th Worlds year, my bet is resources are focused on that as a priority...It'll come soon i'm sure
Old 05-25-2016, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tobamiester
1/8th Worlds year, my bet is resources are focused on that as a priority...It'll come soon i'm sure
Something tells me Toby is correct, the new chassis for the worlds is already getting updates to the front end. They are doing their thing and could be on a 3ish year cycle with the electric off-road chassis, lets keep our fingers crossed.

One of the changes I hope to see is inserts in a new rear hub for some hingepin adjustment.

What changes do you guys want to see???
Old 05-25-2016, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

I'd like to see a factory MM three gear option, aluminum hubs as standard as many kits from competitors have done, support for sideways shorty, lighter stock chassis and a new front bulkhead. Love the RB6 as it is and it is more than competitive, but I've had to change a few of these items on mine to dial it in.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

I think kyosho has to decide if they are gonna stay with rm/mm in one kit.. They might do a tranny change on a new kit.. I doubt kyosho will ever ad aluminum hubs to a kit(would be nice).. Im happy with the car, 3 gear would be nice,not much i want to change.. Not sure why schell doesnt make much after market parts for the rb6? Hubs would be nice
Old 05-26-2016, 04:21 AM
Tech Adept

They need to update the steering rack and make aluminum part of the kit. Much like the other cars on the market.

Not sure why it has been so hard to put out a flat chassis or three gear box in the past two years. For the cost, you shouldn't have to open up the kit, sand down your chassis/side guards and make a home made gear box/gear cover
Old 05-28-2016, 01:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quick question regarding two suspension adjustments.

1.) What effect does lowering/raising the front hub height do?
2.) What effect do the 0, 0,5mm and 1.0mm shims have above the 25/30 caster block insert?

Thanks,
Old 06-01-2016, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RiPPeN78

2.) What effect do the 0, 0,5mm and 1.0mm shims have above the 25/30 caster block insert?

Thanks,
Oh man, I wish I could help you with what it feels like on the car for #1 but I honestly don't know.

I can tell you that when you lower or raise the hub, you are also changing the bump steer because now the steering link is not at the same angle as the front camber link.

Plus, when you raise the hub you lose some ride height so you will have to regain the height but turning down the shock spring nut. When you do this, the piston is pushed lower in the shock body and allows for more compression travel.

Moral of my story, I haven't played with it to much because of the above items which could just be a mental thing.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks,

Charlie Perez words, please check here for more golden info: http://site.petitrc.com/setup/associ...SetupHints.htm

Moving the Steering Spindle Up and Down changes two things:

It changes the Total down travel your front end has. More Down travel in the front will give you more predictable landing off of jumps. It will also give you less steering as you exit the corner on power. Less Down Travel in the front will make your car less predictable landing off of jumps, such as sticking into the dirt like a lawn dart if you land extremely nose down. The advantage of less down travel is increased corner exiting steering when you are on power. I like to use this adjustment to quickly see if increasing or decreasing the downtravel in my shocks will provide the corner handling that I desire.
Thespindle height will also change the amount of bump steer your car has. Lowering the spindle will give the front end more Bump-In. Raising the spindle will give the front end more Bump-Out. This is if you do not add or take out any washers under the steering ball end. Bump-In will give you more steering entering and through the corner. It will also make your car feel more aggressive to initial steering inputs. Bump-Out will give you less steering entering the corner but more through and exiting the corner. So in high speed sweepers Bump-Out will give you a more consistent steering “Feel”. Bump-Out will also dull some of the initial steering inputs. I personally like to use Zero bump in or out. So if I change the height of the spindle I have to add or subtract shims from under the ball end to keep the Bump at Zero.
The "Spindles" are what your front tires attach to. You can change the height of the spindle and this mainly changes your corner exiting steering. If you need more steering as you exit the corner, you can raise the spindles (Two washers on the bottom). If you need less steering as you exit the corner, you can lower the spindles (Two washers on the top). Just make sure that you add or remove bump steering spacers as you raise or lower the spindles. This will keep your bump steer the same.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Gayosaka,
I appreciate the thorough write up.

Can anyone else answer my second question?

Thanks,
Old 06-02-2016, 01:44 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks,
The more shims you have, the more roll you get from the front end (lower roll center). You also get less downtravel.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

If you count those laydown cars a few pages back. From what i can tell is that there are 2 different cases. You can use one case which is either a 3 or 4 gear laydown or the other which is the same thing but in the standard dirt position.it looks like the topshaft tunnel can be swapped to either side and bolted on as well as the motorplate.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by likea45
I'd like to see a factory MM three gear option, aluminum hubs as standard as many kits from competitors have done, support for sideways shorty, lighter stock chassis and a new front bulkhead. Love the RB6 as it is and it is more than competitive, but I've had to change a few of these items on mine to dial it in.
Seems like a 3 gear box is in the works. The new chassis that allows a shorty would be nice to have now. A lightweight chassis for Kyosho is an option part, extra machining costs money.

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
I think kyosho has to decide if they are gonna stay with rm/mm in one kit.. They might do a tranny change on a new kit.. I doubt kyosho will ever ad aluminum hubs to a kit(would be nice).. Im happy with the car, 3 gear would be nice,not much i want to change.. Not sure why schell doesnt make much after market parts for the rb6? Hubs would be nice
My guess is that RM parts will not be in the next generation (RB7?) kit. The alloy hubs have toe options, they could put in 0s and someone would complain. Better left as an option. Agreed, Schelle could make a nice Kyosho hub but our aftermarket seems to be shrinking. $ rule.

They need to update the steering rack and make aluminum part of the kit. Much like the other cars on the market.
We can hope.

Not sure why it has been so hard to put out a flat chassis or three gear box in the past two years. For the cost, you shouldn't have to open up the kit, sand down your chassis/side guards and make a home made gear box/gear cover
Not so hard but Kyosho moves at their own pace, when they make new stuff it seems to be done right. I keep with Kyosho because of quality.

Who else has some thoughts about about the new kit?

p.s. I picked up my RZ6 goodie box today. A ball diff is waiting to go in for dirt track racing. Pink springs are the last things on the checklist to get. Should be fun.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GIHOSU

p.s. I picked up my RZ6 goodie box today. A ball diff is waiting to go in for dirt track racing. Pink springs are the last things on the checklist to get. Should be fun.
I'm running the gear diff with 2k oil on a track that was horrible with the same fluid in the RB6 gear diff. It's a dream to drive. Give the gear diff a try first.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Supposedly the Rb7 is supposed to be out in August.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.