Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread >

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Like Tree172Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

  2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

  2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).


Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Old 03-13-2016, 09:49 AM
  #13081  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (38)
 
dmcguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 425
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by orangutanracer
All these parts cost what?
Close to $400 if you do the math
dmcguire is offline  
Old 03-13-2016, 02:24 PM
  #13082  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
orangutanracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 140
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Amain has the UMW730 RZ6 Conversion Kit listed as Available To Order: Oct 28, 2016
I thought this was going to be available in April?
orangutanracer is offline  
Old 03-14-2016, 08:36 PM
  #13083  
Tech Master
iTrader: (67)
 
BRSracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Blue Springs MO
Posts: 1,949
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

This car is out of stock most places.... is a new kit coming out soon?
BRSracing is offline  
Old 03-15-2016, 03:13 PM
  #13084  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (81)
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,958
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Great question, only a select few know and they probably work for Kyosho in Japan.
Kraig is offline  
Old 03-15-2016, 05:09 PM
  #13085  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Orange County CA
Posts: 430
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Actually, I've heard through the grapevine that a new car is coming. Notice the lack of RB6 stock everywhere?
scoobyrs25 is offline  
Old 03-15-2016, 05:13 PM
  #13086  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
13Maschine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I hope the new car kit is either a laydown transmission or a full kit of the RZ6. I actually just picked up the XB2 so I could have a laydown transmission car for carpet. I still think the RB6 is a dope car.
13Maschine is offline  
Old 03-15-2016, 08:27 PM
  #13087  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 173
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Okay new to the rb6 platform, and kyosho as a whole. Excited to get this thing going at my local track for club racing. What are some helpful tips for someone new to the brand/buggy that you might have found advantageous from the get go? Are there any resounding weaknesses that one should assess immediately? And what shock build/spring set ups are people generally having the most success with on a high bite indoor clay track? Any helpful tips from experience would be appreciated.

Also on another note. I know this has probably been beaten to death already but if someone could describe the possible advantages to a motor forward build such as the rz6, and what applications its best suited for. I'm curious.
SCserfur is offline  
Old 03-15-2016, 08:34 PM
  #13088  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
likea45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 446
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SCserfur
Okay new to the rb6 platform, and kyosho as a whole. Excited to get this thing going at my local track for club racing. What are some helpful tips for someone new to the brand/buggy that you might have found advantageous from the get go? Are there any resounding weaknesses that one should assess immediately? And what shock build/spring set ups are people generally having the most success with on a high bite indoor clay track? Any helpful tips from experience would be appreciated.

Also on another note. I know this has probably been beaten to death already but if someone could describe the possible advantages to a motor forward build such as the rz6, and what applications its best suited for. I'm curious.
I've had great luck on high bite running a variation of one of Tebos setups. For shocks I've been running 1.6x2 pistons with 400CST oil all the way around, pink springs in front and gold in the rear. Camber -2 rear, -1.5 front, 21mm ride height front and rear. 3 gear tranny, battery inline.

As for the rz6 it was created for high grip carpet like the worlds track at Yatabe. It moves the cars weight bias around a bit and gives it more agility in extreme grip situations like carpet affords. I have never run that variation myself.
likea45 is offline  
Old 03-16-2016, 02:34 PM
  #13089  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 173
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by likea45
I've had great luck on high bite running a variation of one of Tebos setups. For shocks I've been running 1.6x2 pistons with 400CST oil all the way around, pink springs in front and gold in the rear. Camber -2 rear, -1.5 front, 21mm ride height front and rear. 3 gear tranny, battery inline.

As for the rz6 it was created for high grip carpet like the worlds track at Yatabe. It moves the cars weight bias around a bit and gives it more agility in extreme grip situations like carpet affords. I have never run that variation myself.

Okay thanks for the info. Now with the 3 gear tranny are you running stock or mod?
SCserfur is offline  
Old 03-16-2016, 09:34 PM
  #13090  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
likea45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 446
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SCserfur
Okay thanks for the info. Now with the 3 gear tranny are you running stock or mod?
I run stock. It has the largest turnout at my track and the mod cars are actually slower on our tight layouts. However you can run mod and stock with 3 gear. The benefits work regardless of class.
likea45 is offline  
Old 03-18-2016, 03:29 AM
  #13091  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
masterhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 481
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by orangutanracer
Amain has the UMW730 RZ6 Conversion Kit listed as Available To Order: Oct 28, 2016
I thought this was going to be available in April?
It's been up on the Japanese sites for pre-order for a few days now. The release date is next Friday for about $230USD. Figure about another $25ish for shipping.

Futaba Pro Shop is awesome, just did another order last night that I will have by early next week!

Mike
masterhit is offline  
Old 03-18-2016, 06:32 PM
  #13092  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
13Maschine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,556
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Looks like the release date is actually May, unless that's just bad translation.
13Maschine is offline  
Old 03-19-2016, 08:23 PM
  #13093  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
jag5508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Of Heaven
Posts: 1,666
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by scoobyrs25
Actually, I've heard through the grapevine that a new car is coming. Notice the lack of RB6 stock everywhere?
Not really I've had no problem with finding parts .
jag5508 is offline  
Old 03-19-2016, 08:28 PM
  #13094  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (44)
 
OriginalDonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 608
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

I believe he's referring to complete kits. Kyosho does a good job of supporting older model parts.
OriginalDonk is offline  
Old 03-19-2016, 08:30 PM
  #13095  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
jag5508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South Of Heaven
Posts: 1,666
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Even kits I haven't really noticed many places being out of stock .
jag5508 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.