Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread >

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Like Tree172Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

  2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

  2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).


Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Old 10-06-2012, 08:40 PM
  #1156  
Tech Master
iTrader: (66)
 
cnelson3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,213
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by t8rtot
I think the t-nut for my diff wasn't included.. Only bag left is the shocks and I've looked thru them.. Any other brand that will fit for now?

I'm contacting Kyosho America, but I want to get this thing out of the living room today
the blue tamiya diff nut is awesome. all aluminum and never gets stuck in the outdrive.
cnelson3 is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 09:01 PM
  #1157  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
gelshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cnelson3
the blue tamiya diff nut is awesome. all aluminum and never gets stuck in the outdrive.
Wouldn't you need to run the Tamiya screw and thrust washers as they are different to K? I bought some TRF HC thrust balls and the washers need a thinner screw. This is for the 201 and ff03
gelshocker is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 09:06 PM
  #1158  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
gelshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SAGISI
Went a little different route and made the window one piece instead of two. What do you think?
Very nice sir. You'll excuse me if I copy the idea. Would match my bulldog rb5 and fit in the arsenal. Cheers,
gelshocker is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 09:45 PM
  #1159  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (166)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 4,596
Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SAGISI
Went a little different route and made the window one piece instead of two. What do you think?
Can I send you my spare body to be painted That looks awesome. Right now Im stuck on all white due to time constraints. That paint job would look killer black/white/purple/ and some yellow.
jpcopeland1 is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 09:50 PM
  #1160  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (166)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 4,596
Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by C_Money
Was thinking of getting this buggy but I race stock normally. I hav a ton of money tied up in my rb5 and it's awesome. Do you think this is more of a mod car Cause of its weight?
Nope, my RB6 is fast as hell with a 70 tooth Losi spur and 33 tooth pinion (getting colder outside so peg that timing on the motor), was pulling on B4's all night long last Wednesday. This car isn't a DEX210 which is impossible to get going in stock. Plus it's so smooth even if your losing a bit of ground on the straight's you'll make it up in the infield cause the car is so much better balanced then anything else on the market. I can point and shoot with no spinout in the rear and plenty of on and off power steering. This was on a track with brand new tires, closed cell inserts, and no barely no break in time. Track was hard as a rock, everyone was spinning out at the end of the small straight that goes into a 180 degree turn, my RB6 just whipped around it like it wasn't there.
jpcopeland1 is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 09:51 PM
  #1161  
Tech Master
iTrader: (66)
 
cnelson3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,213
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gelshocker
Wouldn't you need to run the Tamiya screw and thrust washers as they are different to K? I bought some TRF HC thrust balls and the washers need a thinner screw. This is for the 201 and ff03
I ran one on my rb5 a few months (maybe a year) ago. fit snug, worked exactly like it should have. it may not have been from the 201. I saw it on the rack and tried it on the diff screw and it worked perfect. it was definitely a diff nut and it had a diff screw in the bag. never used the screw.
cnelson3 is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 10:48 PM
  #1162  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
gelshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cnelson3
I ran one on my rb5 a few months (maybe a year) ago. fit snug, worked exactly like it should have. it may not have been from the 201. I saw it on the rack and tried it on the diff screw and it worked perfect. it was definitely a diff nut and it had a diff screw in the bag. never used the screw.
Cheers, it's good to know we have options.
gelshocker is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 PM
  #1163  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (166)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 4,596
Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)
Default

Old habits die hard, but has anyone used the x-gear grease and lube instead of AE grease and lube? And is it better? My diff is unbelievably smooth but if the x-gear is better i'll tear it down and rebuild before I take it out again.
jpcopeland1 is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 11:25 PM
  #1164  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oakdale, ca
Posts: 545
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Nope, my RB6 is fast as hell with a 70 tooth Losi spur and 33 tooth pinion (getting colder outside so peg that timing on the motor), was pulling on B4's all night long last Wednesday. This car isn't a DEX210 which is impossible to get going in stock. Plus it's so smooth even if your losing a bit of ground on the straight's you'll make it up in the infield cause the car is so much better balanced then anything else on the market. I can point and shoot with no spinout in the rear and plenty of on and off power steering. This was on a track with brand new tires, closed cell inserts, and no barely no break in time. Track was hard as a rock, everyone was spinning out at the end of the small straight that goes into a 180 degree turn, my RB6 just whipped around it like it wasn't there.
I had the same experience with my rb6 today running 17.5.

took 3rd unfortunatly but set tq for the day in a class against b4.1's, ran a d3.5 69/31 with timing cranked.
I took 3rd which was completely my fault had a few bobble's.


if anyone's on the fence about buying one, pull the trigger its worth it

Last edited by noproblems209; 10-06-2012 at 11:50 PM.
noproblems209 is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 11:29 PM
  #1165  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (166)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 4,596
Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)
Default

Did the diff nut look like this?
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread-%24-kgrhqv-pse8wvgylzrbpivotc-mg%7E%7E60_3.jpg  
jpcopeland1 is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 11:30 PM
  #1166  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (166)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 4,596
Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by noproblems209
I had the same experience with my rb6 today running 17.5.

took 3rd and set tq for the day in the class against b4.1's, ran a d3.5 69/31 with timing cranked. I took 3rd which was completely my fault had a few bobble's.


if anyone's on the fence about buying one, pull the trigger its worth it
And how.....
jpcopeland1 is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 11:49 PM
  #1167  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oakdale, ca
Posts: 545
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
And how.....
should have been more clear, you had said pretty much said everything i was going to about how the car drove...


Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Plus it's so smooth even if your losing a bit of ground on the straight's you'll make it up in the infield cause the car is so much better balanced then anything else on the market. I can point and shoot with no spinout in the rear and plenty of on and off power steering. This was on a track with brand new tires, closed cell inserts, and no barely no break in time. Track was hard as a rock, everyone was spinning out at the end of the small straight that goes into a 180 degree turn, my RB6 just whipped around it like it wasn't there.
noproblems209 is offline  
Old 10-06-2012, 11:54 PM
  #1168  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (166)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 4,596
Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by noproblems209
should have been more clear, you had said pretty much said everything i was going to about how the car drove...
Cant wait to see what they do with the new Stadium Truck and Short Course. Both supposedly based off of the RB6 platform.
jpcopeland1 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 05:30 AM
  #1169  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
gelshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Did the diff nut look like this?
Oh yeah, this is for the TA06
gelshocker is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 06:01 AM
  #1170  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oakdale, ca
Posts: 545
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Cant wait to see what they do with the new Stadium Truck and Short Course. Both supposedly based off of the RB6 platform.
i hope so, they they've hit a home run this time.
noproblems209 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.