Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread >

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Like Tree172Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Old 10-27-2014, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by potatobed409
+1

Also, has anyone played around with moving the front c-hub up and down and what the benefits are? I moved them up and down this past Sunday and it seemed the higher I went the more turn in it had. I'm not sure if that's the case because the traction was coming up as the sun went down.
It adjusts the roll centre this is how I understand it but could be wrong.

LOWER ROLL-CENTER - More shims at the top - Recommended for rough track to gain stability.
HIGHER ROLL-CENTER - More shims at the bottom - Recommended for smooth track to gain more steering.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KalEl63
One of our stock racers at our club says the MIP Puck system is worth the investment as he runs it in his 22 so I figure it must be good as this guy is a no gobbledygook guy.
So I’m looking at putting it in my RB6 and don’t know much about it so after some input/advice. (didn’t see any info on the front page but could have easily missed it)

I am also looking at putting the 97030 Kyosho 3/32" Tungsten Carbide Differential Ball (Since the MIP system only comes with Chrome Steel Ball) or can anyone recommend other 3/32” balls for the diff?
Plus I’ll put the AVID 2.6x6x3mm Kyosho Differential Thrust Bearing (Tungsten Carbide)
Do u race mod or stock? They make one for 17.5 that is lighter but would break under a mod motor. A buddy of mine just ordered one. He spoke very highly of it. It Makes the car smoother as it eliminates all slop from drive shaft.

Last edited by rchogfan; 10-27-2014 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

What insert do you use in the front casterblock?
Old 10-27-2014, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

caster block position is iN. (wide/standard). I've never adjusted it.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
What steering rack is the best to get/cheapest.
The best to me is the schelle racing. The cheapest would be exotek.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rchogfan
Do u race mod or stock? They make one for 17.5 that is lighter but would break under a mod motor. A buddy of mine just ordered one. He spoke very highly of it. It Makes the car smoother as it eliminates all slop from drive shaft.
Yeah I will be racing stock 17.5T.
That's the same thing said to me from our club member
Old 10-27-2014, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone tried to run the RB6 MM on on medium hard pack but with some loose loam? Just bought a B5 but don't really like the look of it. Did also think about the TLR22. Having a hard time picking between the 2!
Old 10-27-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by potatobed409
+1

Also, has anyone played around with moving the front c-hub up and down and what the benefits are? I moved them up and down this past Sunday and it seemed the higher I went the more turn in it had. I'm not sure if that's the case because the traction was coming up as the sun went down.
For me if I put the shims on top I feel like it doesn't dump over as much on entry.

"Moving the Steering Spindle Up and Down changes two things:

It changes the Total down travel your front end has. More Down travel in the front will give you more predictable landing off of jumps. It will also give you less steering as you exit the corner on power. Less Down Travel in the front will make your car less predictable landing off of jumps, such as sticking into the dirt like a lawn dart if you land extremely nose down. The advantage of less down travel is increased corner exiting steering when you are on power. I like to use this adjustment to quickly see if increasing or decreasing the downtravel in my shocks will provide the corner handling that I desire.

The spindle height will also change the amount of bump steer your car has. Lowering the spindle will give the front end more Bump-In. Raising the spindle will give the front end more Bump-Out. This is if you do not add or take out any washers under the steering ball end. Bump-In will give you more steering entering and through the corner. It will also make your car feel more aggressive to initial steering inputs. Bump-Out will give you less steering entering the corner but more through and exiting the corner. So in high speed sweepers Bump-Out will give you a more consistent steering “Feel”. Bump-Out will also dull some of the initial steering inputs. I personally like to use Zero bump in or out. So if I change the height of the spindle I have to add or subtract shims from under the ball end to keep the Bump at Zero."
Old 10-27-2014, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba
Has anyone tried to run the RB6 MM on on medium hard pack but with some loose loam? Just bought a B5 but don't really like the look of it. Did also think about the TLR22. Having a hard time picking between the 2!
Our track is sometimes unpredictable, some days the traction is sic, some days we cant seem to get the moisture just right and it gets super dry and dusty. In this order is where the cars fall off;
Pre-Maifield setups 22's in MM were the first cars to start getting loose,
Next were our RB6s in MM
And last, some how the B5Ms would still be hooking up.
Not sure where the Maifield set ups are going to fall in, no one at our track uses his setups, that I know of. The 4th hole mod and adding 50+ grams is very interesting.
All this talk about the new hole on the RB6 arm started for our track when Zack was trying to find the traction the AE had when the track went away.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Built the car, with the most part no problems. Messed up the steering, need to go back and take a look at it.

And I couldn't build the diff so save my life. For some reason no matter what I did I couldn't get the bolt to thread on the nut (in the insert). Originally thought it was the wrong nut, so I took it apart to see nope threads right on. What might I be doing wrong? Double triple checked to make sure everything is assembled correctly. (never had diff issues before this)

Thanks in advance.

Pulled apart and compressed the spring some more. Still the same thing. Couldn't get the tnut piece out and broke the stupid thing. And still stuck in the outdrive. Hope tomorrow I can get it out without ruining the outdrives. About to give up on this car already.

Last edited by 3srcracing; 10-27-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CaseyD
Our track is sometimes unpredictable, some days the traction is sic, some days we cant seem to get the moisture just right and it gets super dry and dusty. In this order is where the cars fall off;
Pre-Maifield setups 22's in MM were the first cars to start getting loose,
Next were our RB6s in MM
And last, some how the B5Ms would still be hooking up.
Not sure where the Maifield set ups are going to fall in, no one at our track uses his setups, that I know of. The 4th hole mod and adding 50+ grams is very interesting.
All this talk about the new hole on the RB6 arm started for our track when Zack was trying to find the traction the AE had when the track went away.
This is really interesting. Well at the track I'm at, I've got my MM Firebolt pretty hooked up. Could do with some more steering. But its the RM guys that are dominating the races so really want to try the TLR22/RB6 in RM configuration. The B5 I have is RM.

As for the B5Ms you say that were still on the ball when the track went, do you know what setups they were using?
Old 10-28-2014, 01:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
Built the car, with the most part no problems. Messed up the steering, need to go back and take a look at it.

And I couldn't build the diff so save my life. For some reason no matter what I did I couldn't get the bolt to thread on the nut (in the insert). Originally thought it was the wrong nut, so I took it apart to see nope threads right on. What might I be doing wrong? Double triple checked to make sure everything is assembled correctly. (never had diff issues before this)

Thanks in advance.

Pulled apart and compressed the spring some more. Still the same thing. Couldn't get the tnut piece out and broke the stupid thing. And still stuck in the outdrive. Hope tomorrow I can get it out without ruining the outdrives. About to give up on this car already.
I had the same issue back in RB5 days. The idea is to hold and 'lock down' the nut with an allen key, with the key itself held across the outdrive (slip it into the outdrive grooves). With your remaining 3 fingers grasp the entire diff.

With a _long_ flat head screwdriver, screw the diff screw into the nut. I bought a long flat head screwdriver for this one purpose only. Try to keep the screw straight.

The plastic nut piece can only be removed without breaking the ears off by inserting an allen key through the opposite side of the outdrive and pushing it (slowly) out. Get the Exotek diff nut.

Hope this works out for you. Never had a problem since. Cheers,
Old 10-28-2014, 01:29 AM
Tech Addict

Plenty of folks run the 22 at Lali you can get setups from them. Cheers,
Old 10-28-2014, 01:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gelshocker
Plenty of folks run the 22 at Lali you can get setups from them. Cheers,
Hey gelshocker. Are you at Lali sometimes? Don't want to pick a car and swipe a setup from someone. I'm trying to learn how to setup a car to my own liking so it doesn't matter too much if guys there are running them or not. The downer for the TLR22 is that service from Jet Hobbies is real bad!
Old 10-28-2014, 03:07 AM
Tech Addict

Hey gelshocker. Are you at Lali sometimes? Don't want to pick a car and swipe a setup from someone. I'm trying to learn how to setup a car to my own liking so it doesn't matter too much if guys there are running them or not. The downer for the TLR22 is that service from Jet Hobbies is real bad!
Not as much as I would like. I was meant to say hello (your car is the red/black fade one right?) but I caught myself in a really shitty mood. The track at Lali is 1/8 scale one needs more traction than steering. Service everywhere in HK is like that, take it as the local culture! Cheers,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.