R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

  2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

  2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).


Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Like Tree25Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2014, 05:31 AM   #10246
Tech Master
 
nickdawg18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Granite City, IL
Posts: 1,696
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePanda View Post
anyone need a brand new built RB6 never run? PM Me
already?
__________________
Nick Carroll
Mugen Mbx7-reds r5t team edition 2 [] Mugen Mbx7 Eco-Tekin rx8 gen 2 1900kv [] Losi 8ight T 2.0-fusion x7 [] Losi 8ight T E 2.0-Tekin 2000kv [] Kyosho RB6-Tekin RS gen 2 8.5t [] Losi 22sct
VP Pro USA [] Up-Grade RC
nickdawg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:39 AM   #10247
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1
Default

Hi,
I have the Kyosho RB6 readyset.
Does anybody know what is the part number for the rear dog bones?

Mike
Lowza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #10248
Tech Addict
 
ColbyRichards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 566
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Does any one want to sell their mid motor parts? The whole set screws, bearings and pieces? I got a 6 again but no mid motor parts with it.

__________________
Retired
ColbyRichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:40 PM   #10249
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,494
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Are any of you running the brick pack instead of a saddle pack in your mid-motor car? If so, how do you have it laid out? Servo, electronics, battery, motor?
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:50 PM   #10250
Tech Regular
 
Gayosaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France, near Paris
Posts: 315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
Are any of you running the brick pack instead of a saddle pack in your mid-motor car? If so, how do you have it laid out? Servo, electronics, battery, motor?
Lonestar does.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/11706025-post4493.html
__________________
RedWorkShop RZ6R / Kyosho RB6.6 / Kyosho ZX6.6 / Nosram power / Some MiniZ
www.rustidesign.com - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff
Gayosaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:44 PM   #10251
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,494
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayosaka View Post
Awe crude, I mean a square pack not a brick. Sorry!
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:51 PM   #10252
Tech Master
 
KalEl63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 3rd Rock
Posts: 1,959
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I decided it was time to try the MM out on dirt since I haven’t had a chance to race on carpet for 3-4 months.

First move was to move my batteries as far back as I can get them.
This will be my starting point I then have a feeling I will most likely need to mess around with the following:

Adjustable hangers so I can go to 3.5 rear toe as my rear mount works well with that.
Swap out the flat arms for the kit ones.
White springs in the rear
And a heap of other settings no doubt

__________________
Team Associated RC10 B6D
Team Associated RC10 B64D
Team Associated RC10 T5M

1.21 GIGAWATTS!!!

Last edited by KalEl63; 04-05-2014 at 06:02 PM.
KalEl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:28 PM   #10253
Tech Master
 
bigdaddy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: White Plains,Maryland
Posts: 1,305
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
Awe crude, I mean a square pack not a brick. Sorry!
I was wondering too.. Was thinking about picking one up.
__________________
Tony Purvis

"Life is hard,even harder if you're stupid." John Wayne
bigdaddy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #10254
Tech Addict
 
kenny lutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canal Winchester,OH
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

I'm testing this soon
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread-image.jpg  
__________________
Kyosho Rb6.6- Maclan mmax - Fantom 17.5
Kyosho Zx6.6- Maclan mmax - Fantom 13.5
Airtronics M12 - Auer Ace Hardware - Schelle
kenny lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:19 PM   #10255
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,494
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy13 View Post
I was wondering too.. Was thinking about picking one up.
Well I stuffed it in the car with the speed control in the back. I am running a hobbywing 2.1 speed control and that appears to be larger than the most recently released ones. I wanted to put the battery in the back and then run everything else in front of it but that wouldn't work because of my electronics.

So here is what I ended up with, full size servo, square pack, speed control all down the middle. The receiver is on its side on one side of the battery and the caps and switch for the speed control are all on the other side to off-set the weight. I hope to run it Tuesday night in mod to see it does. My total weight is at 1632.

I didn't stray to much from my stock setup when it came to my layout so I could swap back and forth easily.
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:21 PM   #10256
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,494
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny lutz View Post
I'm testing this soon
That was another option of running the square pack like yours but I didn't feel like cutting the plastic rails. Then it just dawned on me if I raise the battery mounts up a little bit i wouldn't have to do that. Maybe I will try that next time.
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:11 AM   #10257
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 201
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default First race report MM

Coming from a DEX210 that I just couldn't get along with, I built my first Kyosho in Mid Motor. I am the only one at my local track with a Kyosho buggy. The fellow races stared with envy, as others claimed mid motor at our indoor medium traction clay track would NEVER work as well. 99 percent run B4/B5 and 22, those seem to get a lot of attention. I'm actually ok being the only K driver yet alone only mid motor in the field dominated by popular RM setups.

Building this thing wasn't on the easy side without lots of internet help… THANKS EVERYONE on this forum. I used the Cody King setup with a few tweaks. No additional weight and battery in the middle position with 3.5 degree rear toe. After 1st lap I knew it had better feel than my DEX210. It turns more aggressively and jumps flatter just like other initial impressions. One thing I noticed is how much quicker it reacts when the buggy gets loose from improper corner entry. I run the Gold springs front and rear as we have lots of jumps, large and small. I also put the chassis protector on, as the rear of the chassis in mid motor takes a fair bit of abuse, this thing does slap -- 23-24mm ride height.

All in all I'm pleased and despite what others think I am staying MM. I don't know if it's the buggy itself or just a day where I was "on" but I managed to pick up a lap and my consistency has improved. My friend noticed trackside that my buggy was the only one that seemed smooth. He felt the competition looked like they were hanging on too much.

Anyways… here's a pic of my layout.

Vincent_Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:37 AM   #10258
Tech Addict
 
kenny lutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canal Winchester,OH
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
That was another option of running the square pack like yours but I didn't feel like cutting the plastic rails. Then it just dawned on me if I raise the battery mounts up a little bit i wouldn't have to do that. Maybe I will try that next time.
I did it this way because I didn't want the 70 grams extra from a square pack. I think the square pack will fell like the saddles. which I thought was lazy and unresponsive. also this should have more rear % then a square pack because I'm able to get everything farther back in the car. I will know more one I get to scale it and see where it comes in % wise.
__________________
Kyosho Rb6.6- Maclan mmax - Fantom 17.5
Kyosho Zx6.6- Maclan mmax - Fantom 13.5
Airtronics M12 - Auer Ace Hardware - Schelle
kenny lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #10259
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Valley Cottage NY
Posts: 1,858
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Diesel View Post
Coming from a DEX210 that I just couldn't get along with, I built my first Kyosho in Mid Motor. I am the only one at my local track with a Kyosho buggy. The fellow races stared with envy, as others claimed mid motor at our indoor medium traction clay track would NEVER work as well. 99 percent run B4/B5 and 22, those seem to get a lot of attention. I'm actually ok being the only K driver yet alone only mid motor in the field dominated by popular RM setups.

Building this thing wasn't on the easy side without lots of internet help… THANKS EVERYONE on this forum. I used the Cody King setup with a few tweaks. No additional weight and battery in the middle position with 3.5 degree rear toe. After 1st lap I knew it had better feel than my DEX210. It turns more aggressively and jumps flatter just like other initial impressions. One thing I noticed is how much quicker it reacts when the buggy gets loose from improper corner entry. I run the Gold springs front and rear as we have lots of jumps, large and small. I also put the chassis protector on, as the rear of the chassis in mid motor takes a fair bit of abuse, this thing does slap -- 23-24mm ride height.

All in all I'm pleased and despite what others think I am staying MM. I don't know if it's the buggy itself or just a day where I was "on" but I managed to pick up a lap and my consistency has improved. My friend noticed trackside that my buggy was the only one that seemed smooth. He felt the competition looked like they were hanging on too much.

Anyways… here's a pic of my layout.

I, like you am the only Kyosho as well. We run on a low traction bumpy track and this past weekend we had our season opener. I was the only MM on the field and I started 2nd in the A Main and finished 2nd. Im usually bottom of the A Main sometimes B Main. Im running Tebo's Reedy Race Setup
Speedychris22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #10260
Tech Addict
 
kenny lutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canal Winchester,OH
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedychris22 View Post
I, like you am the only Kyosho as well. We run on a low traction bumpy track and this past weekend we had our season opener. I was the only MM on the field and I started 2nd in the A Main and finished 2nd. Im usually bottom of the A Main sometimes B Main. Im running Tebo's Reedy Race Setup
I tried to run the 22 2.0 mm and was off 1 to 1.5 from where I was with my rb6
__________________
Kyosho Rb6.6- Maclan mmax - Fantom 17.5
Kyosho Zx6.6- Maclan mmax - Fantom 13.5
Airtronics M12 - Auer Ace Hardware - Schelle
kenny lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. old_skoolie Australian Racing 22990 12-13-2017 12:58 AM
Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island Asharus Northeast Racing Forum 15037 12-11-2017 08:18 PM
Kyosho Ultima RB5 Thread Drift_Buggy Electric Off-Road 14641 11-10-2015 09:28 AM
Kyosho Ultima SC aeRayls Electric Off-Road 2599 04-27-2014 05:30 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:20 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net