Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread >

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Like Tree42Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

  2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

  2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).


Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Reply

Old 12-19-2013, 03:06 PM
  #9046  
Suspended
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 444
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys. New to Kyosho. Have a RB5 sp2 with the big bores. Not much for around me. Running blinky 2wd. It's a in door track. Hard pack dirt. A little bumpy . It's not clay but I think a basic dirt. Bar codeV2 seems to be the tire at moment. Car has pink springs all the way around. White 5 hole pistons. All I know. 35 Losi oil front and 30 Losi in rear. Car is not bad. But I'm sure could be better. Track has a decent straight with a sweeper and a triple and table top and some elevation changes. Any set up tips would be great. Thanks...
drgrcrp301 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:43 PM
  #9047  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
Teufel Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sparks Nv.
Posts: 2,161
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by K_King View Post
They're velvet coated alum. I would think it's ok. I haven't had any issues but I want to try them anyway. I was looking at the metal to metal issue but it should be ok.
Thanks,

I will probably try at lest one here at some point. My tranny is sounding like it's getting close to being time for a rebuild. Figured I'd go the metal/plastic/metal/plastic setup and see how it goes. Thinking that might help take a little stress off the idler gears in MM.
Teufel Racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:48 PM
  #9048  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
gelshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 717
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing View Post
Thanks,

I will probably try at lest one here at some point. My tranny is sounding like it's getting close to being time for a rebuild. Figured I'd go the metal/plastic/metal/plastic setup and see how it goes. Thinking that might help take a little stress off the idler gears in MM.
Let us know how it goes, I have the new parts coming in from Japan. No mention of the new lightweight chassis on Kyosho Japan otherwise I would've included it in my order
gelshocker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:50 PM
  #9049  
Tech Master
iTrader: (32)
 
VenturaDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ventura, SoCal
Posts: 1,131
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by drgrcrp301 View Post
Hey guys. New to Kyosho. Have a RB5 sp2 with the big bores. Not much for around me. Running blinky 2wd. It's a in door track. Hard pack dirt. A little bumpy . It's not clay but I think a basic dirt. Bar codeV2 seems to be the tire at moment. Car has pink springs all the way around. White 5 hole pistons. All I know. 35 Losi oil front and 30 Losi in rear. Car is not bad. But I'm sure could be better. Track has a decent straight with a sweeper and a triple and table top and some elevation changes. Any set up tips would be great. Thanks...
Very similar to my rb5 setup,

Pink front assoc 32.5wt
White rear assoc 30wt
Middle front camber link
Middle rear camber link
25deg caster
.05 aluminum rear hubs
23mm front and 22mm rear ride height
M3 holeshots front and rear
14g weight upfront and 7g in each rear corner pocket
As long as I kept the diff fresh and working perfect the car was absolutely dialed on hard packet dirt.
VenturaDC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:55 PM
  #9050  
Tech Master
iTrader: (91)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,505
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Metal/plastic/metal/plastic is tha way to go. That velvet coating will last about 2 laps between two metal gears. Then it will sound like an 1/8th scale. Lol

plus Im pretty sure the second idler is under a lot more stress than the first
Eric Tomczyk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:38 PM
  #9051  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 188
Default

Originally Posted by K_King View Post
Optional parts with their own part numbers
Ok cool... I hope sdrc will carry the parts soon..
iMarky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:58 PM
  #9052  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: OC
Posts: 104
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nickdawg18 View Post
Id love to have that body. Best one ive seen yet.
I believe that is the same body as Tamiya's TRF201 XR/XM stock body.
pwrslider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:06 AM
  #9053  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 187
Default

According to the instructions of the new metal idle gear only one gear from the mid motor diff case is to be replaced with the option odle gear...he one that is in contact with the topshaft.

Makes sense I quess...same thing is proposed for the Yokomo 2wd
nitroargi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:08 AM
  #9054  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: socal
Posts: 467
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

pwrslider is right. Mine is sitting in front of me and it looks the same.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=84368
littleZEN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:55 AM
  #9055  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

No its the new Muchmore Wonder body

http://www.muchmoreracing.net/us/detail/xgb001.htm
zzztech is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:47 AM
  #9056  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (73)
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,585
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by littleZEN View Post
pwrslider is right. Mine is sitting in front of me and it looks the same.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=84368
Originally Posted by zzztech View Post
No its the new Muchmore Wonder body

http://www.muchmoreracing.net/us/detail/xgb001.htm
How do you tell them apart? They look almost identical if not the same to me.
Kraig is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:49 AM
  #9057  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 59
Default

If they're not the same body they are awfully close....
at $57 they're not giving them away
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread-tamiya-trf210x_xrxm.jpg   Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread-muchmore-wonder-body.jpg  
kineteks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:10 AM
  #9058  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 411
Default

Originally Posted by kineteks View Post
If they're not the same body they are awfully close....
at $57 they're not giving them away
Rudebits will be doing a similar body: http://www.rudebits.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id=437
Chris-s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:15 AM
  #9059  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 411
Default

Originally Posted by kineteks View Post
If they're not the same body they are awfully close....
at $57 they're not giving them away
Rudebits will be doing a similar body: http://www.rudebits.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id=437
Chris-s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:35 AM
  #9060  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (40)
 
K_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,203
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitroargi View Post
According to the instructions of the new metal idle gear only one gear from the mid motor diff case is to be replaced with the option odle gear...he one that is in contact with the topshaft.

Makes sense I quess...same thing is proposed for the Yokomo 2wd


Interesting. I wonder why metal to metal is preferred.
K_King is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service