Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

You're on Page 335 of 978
Go to
  • Quote: I LOVE building kits ... I HATE doing wiring
    Shocks are the one thing I don't like. The rest of it is almost relaxing.
  • Quote: Shocks are the one thing I don't like. The rest of it is almost relaxing.
    Ever built kyosho big bore shocks? They are the easiest and most buttery shocks you will ever build.
  • Quote: Really? Its around 80% price of a brand new car. I'd never do that, building a kit is one of the most satisfying things in this hobby!
    winning is the most satisfying thing for me

PS~ Kyosho shocks are the easiest things to build!!! and they come out like butter the first time... cant beat that!
  • Quote: I believe the distributors are out of stock..
    Yesterday my LHS called Kyosho and they told him 3 weeks for next shipment with RB6 and ZX5 FS SP2.
  • Quote: Ever built kyosho big bore shocks? They are the easiest and most buttery shocks you will ever build.
    I have been building Kyosho shocks pretty much exclusively since 2008 (I had a SLosi 22 and XXX-4 along the way). Building shocks is just not my favorite things to do.
  • Took the plunge and bought a shorty to run instead of the saddles I had been running. Hopefully with the lighter weight and getting the rear hangers right the car will be much better.
  • Quote: also i can't attached the link for some reason but Yaiba Racing rolled out some steering and rear bulkhead parts as well.
    interesting it says Tresrey at the bottom of the page

http://www.yaiba-racing.com/index_eng.html
  • Quote: Shocks are the one thing I don't like. The rest of it is almost relaxing.
    and don't get me started on turnbuckles LOL
  • Quote: and don't get me started on turnbuckles LOL
    It is amazing where a little lube will get you...

wait, what are we talking about?

Seriously, put a little black grease in the ball cup before you put them on. It will make things go so much easier and make them easier to adjust when on the car.
  • I read on the first page that Capt.America ran the narrow rear hangers to lock the rear end in more. Has anyone else tried it and what were your thoughts compared to the wides, Thanks.
  • Quote: I was tempted... doesn't mean I'm going to... =)

you could always disassemble it.... then reassemble it! lol
    Every time I do that I inadvertantly strip out the threads. Only solution is to buy a fresh kit!

Seriously I do overhaul the car especially the moving parts to check for slack, bent hinge pins, parts moving freely etc. before a race event. Good time to put on fresh arms, hubs, bumpers, for sake of looking good too

+1 the painting is worse. Takes way too long but won't settle for monotone!
  • Quote: I read on the first page that Capt.America ran the narrow rear hangers to lock the rear end in more. Has anyone else tried it and what were your thoughts compared to the wides, Thanks.
    I run wides and my car is locked down.
  • Quote:
    I read on the first page that Capt.America ran the narrow rear hangers to lock the rear end in more. Has anyone else tried it and what were your thoughts compared to the wides, Thanks.
    Yep the narrow blocks offer the most rear side bite. Good for flowing high speed tracks while the wide blocks are better for hair pins and low speed corners. I know it's a pain to change, just take the gear box off is best, but it's really something you should try and worth the effort.
  • Picked up a RB6 today at lunch at my local hobby store. I am so stoked, gonna run a Vortex vst 7.5t and a hobbywing 120a v3.1 and a sav÷x SC-1251MG low profile servo.

The tracks i will be running on to begin with is super high grip carpet. Should i build with the stock setup in the manual or is there a better standard setup to work from on high grip tracks? Guessing mid motor is the way to go..
  • I've run my RB6 on carpet and I was very impressed by how the car ran in rear motor. I ran a kit setup with the rear hubs all the way back and was amazed how balanced the car was. I ran Panther Soft Raptors in the rear and super-soft Lynx fronts. It was way more predictable, consistent and stable than my old B4 was when I used to run it on the same track.