R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

  2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

  2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).


Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Like Tree25Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #2341
Tech Elite
 
TT_Vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Streamwood, IL.
Posts: 3,992
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

One more basic question re: track width. I've read in the Hudy offroad guide that a wider track width in back will give better rear grip at the entry to the turn and better on power steering yet people are using the RF blocks (narrower) for more on power steering and rotation from what I've read. Did I misread this?

I've also read that a wider front track width will increase understeer and overall front grip. I've seen most pros use a wider front track, do they have all the steering they need or are they generally on larger tracks w/ few slower tight corners? I'm currently running shorter front/rear width on a small tight track w/ two 180 turns.

Thanks
Dave
TT_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #2342
Tech Elite
 
K_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,195
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King
Default

Most of the guys around here run the stock arms now. I believe they may handle a little differently, but who knows for certain.

I never tried the 521-1 arms.
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Pro-Line - Team Orion - Stickit1 - Schelle
K_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #2343
Tech Elite
 
K_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,195
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT_Vert View Post
One more basic question re: track width. I've read in the Hudy offroad guide that a wider track width in back will give better rear grip at the entry to the turn and better on power steering yet people are using the RF blocks (narrower) for more on power steering and rotation from what I've read. Did I misread this?

I've also read that a wider front track width will increase understeer and overall front grip. I've seen most pros use a wider front track, do they have all the steering they need or are they generally on larger tracks w/ few slower tight corners? I'm currently running shorter front/rear width on a small tight track w/ two 180 turns.

Thanks
Dave
Wider front = less steering

Wider rear = less entry speed, less rear grip on exit (pushes entry, loose exit)
Narrow rear = Opposite

The 6 has a lot of steering, so sometimes taking away front end steering is the way to go to settle it down. Adjusting the rear steering is a big deal and affects a lot because of all of the weight back there.

I've always got it close, then tuned with the front unless I felt it was the rear washing out or pushing too much.

I run RF2 blocks, I haven't been loose enough to need put in RF blocks yet.
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Pro-Line - Team Orion - Stickit1 - Schelle
K_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #2344
Tech Elite
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

First race yesterday. What a car!!! Thing is on rails!! Took fastest lap in inter mod buggy but second in the race with 99% stock setup. Seems like I have been driving it for years, never had to struggle less with the car ever before! You forget about the price and the length after you drive it!
__________________
MP9 TKI3 | ZX6 | RB6 | MBX7r Eco
aloksatoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #2345
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anaheim Ca.
Posts: 3,996
Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
First race yesterday. What a car!!! Thing is on rails!! Took fastest lap in inter mod buggy but second in the race with 99% stock setup. Seems like I have been driving it for years, never had to struggle less with the car ever before! You forget about the price and the length after you drive it!
Isn't it amazing at how well balanced it is out of the box? I have tried a lot of different setups, but always seem to revert back to some form of the Japanese setup with a few changes, like rear springs, and Losi pistons instead of Kyosho 5 hole. I got a set of Kyosho blank shock pistons and want to try 4 hole 1.3. Want to get those Losi pistons out lol....
__________________
XRAY XB4 '18, 2X Yokomo YZ-2 DTM , YZ-4 SF, Mugen MBX7R Eco, Hobbywing, Sanwa, LRH Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, iCharger.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #2346
Tech Regular
 
fastestwon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: michigan USA
Posts: 258
Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastestwon View Post
I ran the RB6 in mid motor today ...all i can say is wow!!! the car was awesome in the main i was TQ and ran away with it from start to finish turning in a blistering 26 laps in 7:15 that is faster then anything has ran on that track . i will have the race video up tomorrow . if anyone is interested in my setup i can post up .
here is the race video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv4L-eRYRJc
fastestwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #2347
Tech Elite
 
rokitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 2,665
Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastestwon View Post
buggy looked real good
rokitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #2348
Tech Regular
 
fastestwon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: michigan USA
Posts: 258
Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokitman View Post
buggy looked real good
Oh yeah even the rb5 that I was lapping didn't have anything for my 6 in mid motor . I felt bad

Last edited by fastestwon; 11-04-2012 at 08:05 PM.
fastestwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #2349
Tech Master
 
Nitronut3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: St.Louis, MO
Posts: 1,430
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Nitronut3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_King View Post
Most of the guys around here run the stock arms now. I believe they may handle a little differently, but who knows for certain.

I never tried the 521-1 arms.
the 521-1 arms are all that i have ran. On the smaller tigher indoor tracks i feel that the car can be pushed harder into the corners. I think its just that its a less droop thing, i run mediums all around and the car is flat out awesome. But i have been wanting to try out the 6 arms for awhile. but kinda scarred, thats a good problem.
__________________
Nate Jaskot
XRAY, RC America, KO Propo, Hudy, FX Engines, Nitropro, Rc addiction products , TeamSR, SmacTrac
Nitronut3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #2350
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anaheim Ca.
Posts: 3,996
Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronut3 View Post
the 521-1 arms are all that i have ran. On the smaller tigher indoor tracks i feel that the car can be pushed harder into the corners. I think its just that its a less droop thing, i run mediums all around and the car is flat out awesome. But i have been wanting to try out the 6 arms for awhile. but kinda scarred, thats a good problem.
Tebo said he could push the car harder with 521-1 arms, but his car was still prototype at that point. I wonder what he will run at the Worlds?
__________________
XRAY XB4 '18, 2X Yokomo YZ-2 DTM , YZ-4 SF, Mugen MBX7R Eco, Hobbywing, Sanwa, LRH Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, iCharger.
jpcopeland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:13 AM   #2351
Tech Elite
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
Isn't it amazing at how well balanced it is out of the box? I have tried a lot of different setups, but always seem to revert back to some form of the Japanese setup with a few changes, like rear springs, and Losi pistons instead of Kyosho 5 hole. I got a set of Kyosho blank shock pistons and want to try 4 hole 1.3. Want to get those Losi pistons out lol....
I had a little push on corner entry, nothing a dab of brake would not solve. Then I figured in my hurry I never saw the shorty, it was all the way back. Problem fixed . This thing was eating everything (including the scte) on fast sweepers. Insane, can get it to break the rear at a blink of an eye and get traction back almost instantly its so aggressive. I was about 0.5 seconds faster than my scte on one fast lap (the losi I have been tuning for a couple of race weekends still not bang on with setup) but more consistent with the 4wd as expected .

Anyways anybody tried the ghea pistons? Amains got em, but I have them for my other rides from absolute for a while now. Why are people using losi pistons in those shocks? Isn't that plastic and won't it scratch/cause stiction compared to the stock delrins?

I seriously cannot think of anything I want to change on that car that's kinda sad for me but good for my wallet .
__________________
MP9 TKI3 | ZX6 | RB6 | MBX7r Eco
aloksatoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:34 AM   #2352
Tech Elite
 
rokitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 2,665
Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastestwon View Post
Oh yeah even the rb5 that I was lapping didn't have anything for my 6 in mid motor . I felt bad
makes me want to try the mid setup...lol
rokitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:54 AM   #2353
Tech Regular
 
fastestwon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: michigan USA
Posts: 258
Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default

[QUOTE=rokitman;11405956]makes me want to try the mid
See next post

Last edited by fastestwon; 11-05-2012 at 05:23 AM.
fastestwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:56 AM   #2354
Tech Regular
 
fastestwon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: michigan USA
Posts: 258
Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokitman View Post
makes me want to try the mid setup...lol
If you like how the car looks I can share my setup . I won't be going back to rear motor configuration I like the car way more in mid motor .
fastestwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:16 AM   #2355
Tech Regular
 
fastestwon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: michigan USA
Posts: 258
Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokitman View Post
makes me want to try the mid setup...lol
If you like how the car looks I can share my setup . I won't be going back to rear motor configuration I like the car way more in mid motor .

Last edited by fastestwon; 11-05-2012 at 05:26 AM. Reason: sorry darn phone kept reposting the same one
fastestwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. old_skoolie Australian Racing 22989 Yesterday 04:00 PM
Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island Asharus Northeast Racing Forum 15033 12-09-2017 12:46 PM
Kyosho Ultima RB5 Thread Drift_Buggy Electric Off-Road 14641 11-10-2015 09:28 AM
Kyosho Ultima SC aeRayls Electric Off-Road 2599 04-27-2014 05:30 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (0 members and 5 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:24 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net