Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

You're on Page 139 of 969
Go to
  • Quote: I think modeling clay or anything that doesnt become solid would end up pushing out around the chassis on impact and the chassis would do the same thing. My chassis hasnt done this and ive had lots of hard hits. The plastic insert seems like the best fix. Other then that im thinking of putting a small amout of JB weld in there then mounting just the transmission to the chassis, cleaning up what ever excess weeps out around the tranny and letting the JB weld set up for about 30 minutes then i'll remove the chassis and let the JB weld cure the rest of the way which will make it so the tranny doesnt become welded to the chassis. If i do this i will let everyone know how it goes. If any of you have opinions or ideas on this method please post them.
    Can you measure the thickness of the chassis under the trans? just interested if yours is thicker than my caved in piece. Which measured 0.4mm.

Depending on what Kyosho do with my chassis I sent,I will most likely make a piece of plastic to take up the void.
  • Quote: My vote would be the skid plate, would be cleaner then filling the area with any type of goo. I'm totally OCD about my cars and seeing that would put me in a mental ward lol.....
    Pathetic excuse for OCD. Having OCD is knowing the chassis may or may not cave in even if it's hidden behind a skid plate, and taking off the plate every now and again to check. Head in the sand syndrome, but not OCD!

P.s. K need to issue a revised transmission tree that fits.
  • As for some company making stuff for the skid, I would rather get an oem fix from Kyosho themselves. Else the company line would be buy so and so part .
  • I have 2 practice days and one raceday mine still looks ok i might be lucky thou i rarely happens in my case as far as kyosho standing by there product i dont like what i see so far maybe they will step there game say like TLR if they want to sell more kits.
  • Quote:
    ems
    From my line of work, we call that a 'hack job'. Crude, ugly, looks like a crock of shite, but hey it gets the job done.

Personally I wouldn't install that on my six, I mean, it's not _that_ important
  • No offense but how many pages are we going to have on 2-3 people that have had dents in their chassis?

I am ready to unsubscribe for a few weeks then come back.

Oh my god. The horse is dead.
  • From my line of work, we call that a 'hack job'. Crude, ugly, looks like a crock of shite, but hey it gets the job done.

until they revise the new chassis. trani is not in and i can make another,

just putn ideas out there,
    appreciate your input.
    ems
  • Quote: Can you measure the thickness of the chassis under the trans? just interested if yours is thicker than my caved in piece. Which measured 0.4mm.

Depending on what Kyosho do with my chassis I sent,I will most likely make a piece of plastic to take up the void.
    So then a plastic shim would do the trick.
  • does this dent hinder performance? my chassis has had a bunch of slap downs and i don't see any dent forming. My thought is that if it did start to dent, so what. if the rest of the chassis isn't twisted,..... so?
  • Go to petit rc and look at the builds for it just for visualization. other than that, just enjoy
  • Quote: From my line of work, we call that a 'hack job'. Crude, ugly, looks like a crock of shite, but hey it gets the job done.

until they revise the new chassis. trani is not in and i can make another,

just putn ideas out there,
    appreciate your input.
    ems
    Hey Ems, much appreciated (just pulling your leg! Cheers,)
  • the perfect fix
    i have the perfect fix for the chassis . take a T plate from the RB5 or scr or the RT5 and cut to fit and it fills the void area perfectly see the pictures. only took me about 5 minuets to do

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread-rb6-266.jpg   Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread-rb6-267.jpg   Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread-rb6-268.jpg  

• Now that is just too clever and too obvious. Nice one!
  • Quote: i have the perfect fix for the chassis . take a T plate from the RB5 or scr or the RT5 and cut to fit and it fills the void area perfectly see the pictures. only took me about 5 minuets to do
    Nice work
  • Cutting T-Plate now... :-)