Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
help with savage flux hp >

help with savage flux hp

help with savage flux hp

Old 07-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (56%+)
Default help with savage flux hp

i am getting a savage flux hp in a trade and i have never had a truck that i can run 2 batts on and this may sound dumb but can i run like 2s on one side and 3s on the other side so i dont have to run one 5s on one side and get it off balanced
Old 07-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tyler144 View Post
i am getting a savage flux hp in a trade and i have never had a truck that i can run 2 batts on and this may sound dumb but can i run like 2s on one side and 3s on the other side so i dont have to run one 5s on one side and get it off balanced
Do yourself a favor and get 2 2s nanotec 6600 65-130c batteries and run them in series. The esc was not designed for 5s out of the box. 4s is way more power than you'll ever need. If you have a computer and a programming card then you can set it up for 5s. I just wouldn't reccomend it. I could barely keep mine in control on 4s. And with higher cell counts come higher wear on driveline parts and the truck in general.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:59 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (56%+)

Ok thanks so I have to programm it to run 4s how u got urs programmed
Old 07-29-2012, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't know what the above guy is talking about. He must be confused with the Flux 2350 thats discontinued. the HP can handle 4s to 6s straight out of the box.

You can run a 2s on one side and a 3s on the other side no problem...but they must be the SAME battery aka both must be the same MAH and C rating.

The Flux HP ESC can handle 6s no problem and is already wired for series.

I do not recommend 6s though 4s is plenty. Just get some matching 2s batteries like the above poster recommended...its crazy with that.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tyler144 View Post
Ok thanks so I have to programm it to run 4s how u got urs programmed
You don't have to program anything. I did buy the castle link usb adapter but that just lets you set punch, brake control, low voltage cutoff... Honestly I haven't even messed with it I plugged it in once and left everything default. ( Edit I turned my low voltage cutoff up to 3.4 ..it defaulted to 3.0 per cell which I felt was kind of low )