R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-01-2005, 11:29 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default dyna storm vs. B4

which is faster?

Tamiya Dyna Storm (I feel like buying this cuz it's only 200 dollars on ebay when it retailed at 500!) vs. a associated RC10B4 (170 kit)

Is the Dyna storm better than the B4?
takwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:34 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The Dyna Storm was discountinued for a reason. It is a crappy car. Why would you waste 200 dollars on an antiquated car, when you can pay 250 for a state of the art brand ready to run new car? Thats dumb. GET A B4 OR A LOSI XXX BK2!
HVAC25000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 02:16 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you're buying a Dynastorm then keep it as a display car only!

They are very rare and hard to get parts for, so you don't want to race it and risk damaging it

HVAC25000 - Maybe you should keep your ridiculous comments to yourself - anyone who took the time to race the Dynastorm PROPERLY will tell you that it was very competative with AE and Losi's of the day.
It also had a gearbox FAR better than any other gear drive 2wd, todays cars included

It really annoys me when people bash cars that they either haven't owned or have owned and didn't get them to work because of their own shortcomings
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 07:56 AM   #4
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

agreed, dynastorm would make a great self queen.

If you have parts locla for it, then maybe, but, unless you want to stock a warchest of parts, may be better to go with something common and local. You will also have more help when tuning the vehicle as well since other drivers will have what you have.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:13 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dirt-Racer

I concur with Bender, but on top of that i get really peeved with people bashing Tamiya's racing stuff with little knowledge. Tamiya UK racing team back in the 90's were well up there amongst Yokes, Kyoshos. Winning numerous off-road titles with their Top Force Evo (4wd) and none other the Dyna Storm (2wd). They won lots of National events here and came in top 10 spots when it came to the Euro Champs... Imagine turning the Tamiya manta ray into a full blown racing machine in a matter one year with the help of a racing team ofcourse. I wish Tamiya do the same for offroad as they've done for their current onroad racing success..
Dirt-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 05:10 AM   #6
Tech Master

Well said Dirt Racer

Heck, Jamie Booth turned the Tamiya Astute into a competative car, and if I remember correctly he even had Tamiya Madcap bits on it

I had a very competative year way back when I ran a Top Force, won a couple of major meetings and it was very satisfying seeing the disbelief in people as they watched the mighty Tamiya race and win! I even managed to convince a couple of other guys to run them, and they also did very well.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:23 AM   #7
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Not bashing Tamiya,but I would look at the parts availibilty.Unfortinatly you do go through parts and if you can't get them you will just have a nice decoration.
just my 2 cents
Old 03-05-2005, 05:06 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dirt-Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by 17driver
Not bashing Tamiya,but I would look at the parts availibilty.Unfortinatly you do go through parts and if you can't get them you will just have a nice decoration.
just my 2 cents
As a general rule of thumb, Spares do become an issue when theres really not a Team racing a car product. Its as you said its just good as "Nice Decoration". Its really unfortunate that there has never ever been a Tamiya USA 1/10th off-road team, They did have them in the UK and in Japan and over here they took on some of the best drivers on board and boy o boy it just threw a spanner in the works, no one would believe the calibre of drivers that switched sides and thought the individuals who made the team lineup were crazy. It was'nt until we had the Nationals and British GP where they were constantly making 3-4 tamiya's in the top 10.
But as quick they had success they never really sustained it and it all but fizzled out in a matter of 5 years. To be honest i dont think they even imagined the success it was going to create and it really was a short term thing, maybe to get some publicity or what i dont know?. Everyone knows they make good toy cars. What a lot of people always seem to believe is that tamiya is just that, a toy which is just good for bashing, which i must confess in some aspect to be true, but put a fully supported racing team behind a shoebox (Tamiya) you will be surprised as was a lot of people here in the UK.
Dirt-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:36 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to venomousRC
Default Benders Bullet?

Hey Bender do you have a pic of the Bullet and is it the Frontwheel drive or rear.

Thanks
Darin Gray
venomousRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:47 PM   #10
Tech Master

Default Re: Benders Bullet?

Quote:
Originally posted by venomousRC
Hey Bender do you have a pic of the Bullet and is it the Frontwheel drive or rear.

Thanks
Darin Gray
If you're referring to my Bullet Touring car, then yes I have a picture, and no it's not front or rear wheels drive, it's 4wd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fsr (1).jpg (172.2 KB, 417 views)