Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New RC Racing Video Game/Simulation >

New RC Racing Video Game/Simulation

New RC Racing Video Game/Simulation

Old 07-31-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looking forward to trying the new version!

I just have to finish working on my real rc. Lol.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Holly W View Post
I just downloaded the update and as soon as I got to the car selection screen it would tell me that I need to download .net framework. After that the game would run but the controller wouldn't work.
here ya go......download and install.

GO HERE TO DOWNLOAD .NET 2.0

Its the 3rd post down...either 32bit or 64bit.

Thanks for checking us out.

Kevin

Last edited by westendorfy; 07-31-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

My vrc adapter is in the mail and until then I play with a thrustmaster "ps3 type" pc controller, with the new version is it possible to use the left analog for steering and right analog for gaz/brake, only my left analog works so gaz/throttle/steering are on the left analog.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tntpower View Post
My vrc adapter is in the mail and until then I play with a thrustmaster "ps3 type" pc controller, with the new version is it possible to use the left analog for steering and right analog for gaz/brake, only my left analog works so gaz/throttle/steering are on the left analog.
I'm not sure...i think you can
Are you trying to do the opposite of a normal stick controller?
It should be easier since the update now for xbox controllers.

But...

Ill get mine out and run some laps with an xbox360 controller and let ya know.

Kevin
Old 07-31-2012, 11:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by westendorfy View Post
here ya go......download and install.

GO HERE TO DOWNLOAD .NET 2.0

Its the 3rd post down...either 32bit or 64bit.

Thanks for checking us out.

Kevin
I had the same problem, but I downloaded the 4.0 .net framework, was that a mistake? Should I go back and download 2.0?
Old 07-31-2012, 11:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Racer X8000 View Post
I had the same problem, but I downloaded the 4.0 .net framework, was that a mistake? Should I go back and download 2.0?
does it work? it should.
if yes.... dont worry about it.... i just know that the 2.0 is fine for this setup. you will gain nothing by changing the .net framework. it will either work or not.

Most people that have VRC or a lot of other controller games already have it installed.

Let me know.

Kevin
Old 07-31-2012, 11:36 PM
Tech Regular

It still doesn't work, no. It's also leaving behind a process called test.exe. Also that sometimes stops working when I load up a car in the hobbyshop. I'm fairly sure that's whats causing the problem.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Racer X8000 View Post
It still doesn't work, no. It's also leaving behind a process called test.exe. Also that sometimes stops working when I load up a car in the hobbyshop. I'm fairly sure that's whats causing the problem.
Make sure to run the game in window mode...... i believe there is a warning in the game launcher that explains it for you.

I just rechecked all controllers and there working fine here.

things to try:
- restart computer
- re-download game (we just updated the installers with a .NET framework for the folks that dont have it included on there computer.)
- re-install game
- run game in windowed mode.

Get back with me if you still need help.

Kevin
Old 08-01-2012, 02:04 AM
Tech Adept

Just tried the update on my little slow laptop, the button issue is fixed on all but the HUD popup, everything works good. I get the DirectInput.exe command line window popping up in a few spots, but it does eventually go away.
The only issue I've found so far, is now, with my n64 controller/usb adapter I have no forward, right/left/reverse all work as expected. I could set the controller mapping on the first screen, its running in windowed mode, not sure if its a weird quirk of my controller set up or what.
Keep up the good work. And be sure to get some sleep once in awhile
Old 08-01-2012, 02:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jrspruitt View Post
Just tried the update on my little slow laptop, the button issue is fixed on all but the HUD popup, everything works good. I get the DirectInput.exe command line window popping up in a few spots, but it does eventually go away.
The only issue I've found so far, is now, with my n64 controller/usb adapter I have no forward, right/left/reverse all work as expected. I could set the controller mapping on the first screen, its running in windowed mode, not sure if its a weird quirk of my controller set up or what.
Keep up the good work. And be sure to get some sleep once in awhile
Cool glad to hear it.

The things you mentioned are all being addressed..... and again im glad to hear RCSIM runs on an older laptop..... i dont know why this batman emoticon is here but it's awesome....lol

Kevin
Old 08-01-2012, 02:26 AM
Tech Rookie

where the game
Old 08-01-2012, 03:34 AM
Tech Initiate

My problem is same as RacerX8000 by the sounds of it, leaves behind "test" file when you close the game , it says that it has stopped working and pops up, I can not get the game working with any of my controllers and I can not install net framework 2.0 either version of it because My windows 7 ultimate 64bit OS says that it already includes net 2.0 and does not let you install it.

All my controllers work with my grey vrc usb 3 adaptor, in vrc and vrc pro tho.

RacerX8000: Are you running Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit??

It wont work on my laptop either and it has Windows xp 32bit

It wont work with keyboard now at all on either pc

Last edited by RCJesus; 08-01-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:06 AM
Tech Regular

Everyone should Download and re-instal the Demo and FULL Game links.......... I just uploaded all new versions that will automatically check your .NET framework and make sure its the current version.

This is for 32bit and 64bit all in one.

New versions are about 420MB and the older ones are about 390MB.....make sure your running the newest one.

Thanks

Kevin.

Oh and by the way.... i just tested the MAC VERSION of RCSIM.... and it loaded great on my imac..... i just dont have any controllers set up for my mac at this time....... and im terrible at driving at the keyboard...... more news to come on this big news!

Last edited by westendorfy; 08-01-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I dont mean to sound like a rookie but I can't get the car to move at all in the game... I'm just trying to use a Keyboard for now until I find my VRC adapter. Is it because its wireless? I can use the shortcut keys durring the game like (h) for the hud and move myself on the drivers stand... but car go no no
Old 08-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RCJesus View Post
My problem is same as RacerX8000 by the sounds of it, leaves behind "test" file when you close the game , it says that it has stopped working and pops up, I can not get the game working with any of my controllers and I can not install net framework 2.0 either version of it because My windows 7 ultimate 64bit OS says that it already includes net 2.0 and does not let you install it.

All my controllers work with my grey vrc usb 3 adaptor, in vrc and vrc pro tho.

RacerX8000: Are you running Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit??

It wont work on my laptop either and it has Windows xp 32bit

It wont work with keyboard now at all on either pc
RcJesus, I'm running home premium x64. I installed .net framework version 4.0
though that's had no positive effect on the games playablility. I haven't yet updated to the newest version of the download though.
Originally Posted by nrtv20 View Post
I dont mean to sound like a rookie but I can't get the car to move at all in the game... I'm just trying to use a Keyboard for now until I find my VRC adapter. Is it because its wireless? I can use the shortcut keys durring the game like (h) for the hud and move myself on the drivers stand... but car go no no
I'm having this same issue, so don't worry it's not just you. I'm going to try re-downloading the game and I suggest you do the same. Just don't forget to completely delete the old files.

*EDIT*
Just downloaded the newest version and while installing a .net installer told me that I had to repair my current installation of .net. If the game isn't working for you and you installed .net 4 on your own, please, re-download the game.

*EDIT #2*
Tried playing the game and am still having the same problems. Oddly, I can't even drive the car with the arrow keys now also.

Last edited by Racer X8000; 08-01-2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Found new info

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.