Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Yes.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr. View Post
Yes.
Yes it compatible with Mac? Yes its compatible with mac without having to run windows or any other program?
Old 08-21-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Mac version available here, works without any other software.
http://www.rcsimulation.com/downloads.html
Old 08-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've got everything working but there is a definite lag in the steering controls. Feels like the servo saver is loose lol. The cars push and then steer real hard. The throttle pretty much has the same delayed effect. Something is definitely not setup correctly. I'm using a Spektrum DX3R. I've calibrated it in Windows. Any ideas?
Old 08-22-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Stupid question lol
Which way are the proving grounds/AMS/rccr tracks supposed to be run?
One of them is obvious (the figure 8, forgot which one) but the other ones are seemingly bi-directional.
Thanks!
Old 08-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjk1210 View Post
I've got everything working but there is a definite lag in the steering controls. Feels like the servo saver is loose lol. The cars push and then steer real hard. The throttle pretty much has the same delayed effect. Something is definitely not setup correctly. I'm using a Spektrum DX3R. I've calibrated it in Windows. Any ideas?
Check your frame rate with FRAPS software. www.fraps.com

You should be getting minimum 60 FPS for "snappy feel" any less will produce lag. The main way to increase Frames Per Second is to increase you computers Specs (new video card, cpu, etc)

long story short make sure your computer can run the game at least on low graphic settings otherwise you will get lag.

Kevin
Old 08-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default Version 088 New physics and Custom Paint Added.

Version 088 is done and uploaded now.

- Custom Car Skins and Paint Schemes (loaded from anywhere on your hard drive. There will be a small tutorial on our Your tube Channel some time next week..... also you can get all the new .PSD templates in the custom Paints section of the forums.)
- Added the new Aero and downforce models for all three cars.
- New faster response time on the cars collision systems. (This makes landing and collisions with ground, walls and tubes much more consistant and more fun)
- Flight controllers now work again........ I forgot something in the last build that made all the cars loose this and made them all nose dive....... sorry)
- New adjusted tire grip levels (only a slight change...... for a more consistent feel)
- Installed some more stuff in the background to get ready for the new marshal and lap time systems...... i dont know why im telling you this cause you cant see or use it yet....lol.....but were closer to having them.)

Go to downloads and get your new version. your game will let you know if you are playing a current version or not.

I feel this is our best update yet..... i really hope you do too.

As always..... Please let us know how you like the progress of this build.

Thanks again for all the support.

Kevin
Old 08-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

What's the name of your YouTube channel?
Old 08-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by josh short View Post
What's the name of your YouTube channel?
http://www.youtube.com/devotidchannel

im working on the new tutorials and some marketing videos next week..... so subscribe and you wont miss them.

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 08-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr. View Post
Stupid question lol
Which way are the proving grounds/AMS/rccr tracks supposed to be run?
One of them is obvious (the figure 8, forgot which one) but the other ones are seemingly bi-directional.
Thanks!
PG-Counter clockwise
AMS- Counter Clockwise
RCRCR- Clockwise
Tumble weed - Clockwise
Worlds - Counter Clockwise
Old 08-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjk1210 View Post
I am not having the steering lag issues, but I am still having "delayed" type throttle response. All three cars accelerate really slow, with the sc truck being the slowest and the buggy being the fastest of the three. Its tough to drive on some of the tracks since I cant get the speed to jump right. I can almost describe it as having way to much throttle expo.

Another thing i'd like to see in a future update is to have different profiles for each car.. Redoing my settings for the cars each time I play gets tiring after a while
Old 09-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Downloaded the Mac Demo today while I wait for my VRC conector to arrive. I played for about 20 minutes. During this duration the game played awesome for a beta version.

However it did get my Mac book to kick on the fans on high mode. I used the good graphics setting. Think if I went to a lower graphic setting it would Run cooler? Or possibly play off a tv instead of the Mac book screen?
Old 09-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

This is normal when using more resources on a computer, it generates more heat and this heat must be removed from the chassis. Lower graphics settings should decrease the load but the fans may still kick on high depending on the tempature of the gpu/cpu.

You should be able to play on your tv but there should be no difference as to the heat generated from the computer (this display contributes very little heat to the equation)

Sidenote - I just bought the full version now that I have my USB adaptor and its been great! Plays nice and smoothly (3930K @ 4.2ghz and a nvidia 680). Two small adjustments that would be nice:

1. Add a link to the controller calibration (I found that it only autocalibrate in windows to 50% in any direction). After I dug around and eventually found it in VRC it was an easy fix.
2. Allow custom button mapping. Going between RCSIM and VRC (you have a better range of off-road vehicles ) its easy to forget what buttons do what. Allowing a user to remap as needed would ease this when switching between sims.

Keep up the good work man, can't wait to see what ver 1.0 brings!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mkiiina View Post
This is normal when using more resources on a computer, it generates more heat and this heat must be removed from the chassis. Lower graphics settings should decrease the load but the fans may still kick on high depending on the tempature of the gpu/cpu.

You should be able to play on your tv but there should be no difference as to the heat generated from the computer (this display contributes very little heat to the equation)

Sidenote - I just bought the full version now that I have my USB adaptor and its been great! Plays nice and smoothly (3930K @ 4.2ghz and a nvidia 680). Two small adjustments that would be nice:

1. Add a link to the controller calibration (I found that it only autocalibrate in windows to 50% in any direction). After I dug around and eventually found it in VRC it was an easy fix.
2. Allow custom button mapping. Going between RCSIM and VRC (you have a better range of off-road vehicles ) its easy to forget what buttons do what. Allowing a user to remap as needed would ease this when switching between sims.

Keep up the good work man, can't wait to see what ver 1.0 brings!
Thanks

I am working on a different game along side of RCSIM and just learned a lot over the past few weeks on input calibration systems and windows calibration. Im am putting together an update that should address the car saving setup features and some more marshalling, timing and racing.

Prob be at least a week and a half away...... Gonna try to get out to get some more real life racing in before the snow comes and joins us in MI.

Thanks

Kevin

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.