Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New RC Racing Video Game/Simulation >

New RC Racing Video Game/Simulation

New RC Racing Video Game/Simulation

Old 08-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

V087 works perfectly! The deadband makes the car actually sit still on the pit table.
The cars themselves still feel a little less aggressive than they do in real life but I haven't messed with tuning yet.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr. View Post
V087 works perfectly! The deadband makes the car actually sit still on the pit table.
The cars themselves still feel a little less aggressive than they do in real life but I haven't messed with tuning yet.
This build was mainly to address the "controller problems" that we found on some customers machines.

The next few builds will be to start "tweaking and addressing" the car physics more....but i did make a few changes on each car thought to make them feel a little more "stuck"

Im glad it works good though!.... now more folks can have some fun without busting their knuckles getting the controllers setup.

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 08-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Great job on the new update. The cars use to twitch all over but that has gone away now. Cars are still a little slow to get up to speed but you said the next update will address that.

A wish list of some things i'd like to see in the future:

When I hit "r" to marshall my car, i'd like the car to be put on the track. Sometimes when I get stuck on a pipe and try to marshall the car, it respawns on top of the pipe again. Usually I go back to the pit when that happens.

A description of what each tuning option does.

Options for tuning electronics. Such as brake, drag brake, initial throttle, etc.

Different tire options

Since this is still in beta, all of these are just ideas. No rush to put any of these in the game. Thanks for all your hard work so far
Old 08-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Double post.

Last edited by sunco1; 08-08-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sunco1 View Post
Great job on the new update. The cars use to twitch all over but that has gone away now. Cars are still a little slow to get up to speed but you said the next update will address that.

A wish list of some things i'd like to see in the future:

When I hit "r" to marshall my car, i'd like the car to be put on the track. Sometimes when I get stuck on a pipe and try to marshall the car, it respawns on top of the pipe again. Usually I go back to the pit when that happens.

A description of what each tuning option does.

Options for tuning electronics. Such as brake, drag brake, initial throttle, etc.

Different tire options

Since this is still in beta, all of these are just ideas. No rush to put any of these in the game. Thanks for all your hard work so far
Great! glad to hear it.

The marshal feature is not installed into the game yet........ but will work similar to what your talking about....try hitting "t" will respawn you on the track (full version only)

Im adding a description of each slider so it will tell the player "what it does"....(thats the white empty space at the bottom of the set up sheets.)

the radio adjustment features will be in the reserved section of the HUD options menu...... which we are still re-doing.

But im glad that its working....... That only took about a week to get the controllers going.....AWESOME..... lets get on to making more stuff!

I didnt realize that there was sooooo many different controller configurations on this planet.....

With over 2,000 downloads in 10 days (demo game) i had a LOT of configs to test out.....LOL

Kevin
Old 08-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone have the FS GT3B working with the USB it came with?

I can't get it to work.

Well it's not mine but I am borrowing the GT3B untill the VRC adapter comes for my Futaba Fasst.

-Venom
Old 08-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Venom1836 View Post
Does anyone have the FS GT3B working with the USB it came with?

I can't get it to work.

Well it's not mine but I am borrowing the GT3B untill the VRC adapter comes for my Futaba Fasst.

-Venom
Things to check and try if your USB-TX Transmitter adapter is not working.

- Make sure to run the game as ADMINISTRATOR (right click the RCSIM icon and click "run as Administrator"
- Are you choosing USB-TX adapters in the controller menu after the game starts?
- Only one controller at a time plugged into the computer?
- Did the .Net Framework install correctly after installation?
- Are you running the game in windowed mode? (not full screen)
- Try restarting your computer. (.net framwork may require restart)
- Does the controller "show up" in Windows "Devices"
- is it calibrated in windows calibration in Windows Devices?
- Try clicking anywhere on the screen after car loads.

These are the only things i can think of.....

good luck and email support if you need more help.

Kevin.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by westendorfy View Post
Things to check and try if your USB-TX Transmitter adapter is not working.

- Make sure to run the game as ADMINISTRATOR (right click the RCSIM icon and click "run as Administrator"
- Are you choosing USB-TX adapters in the controller menu after the game starts?
- Only one controller at a time plugged into the computer?
- Did the .Net Framework install correctly after installation?
- Are you running the game in windowed mode? (not full screen)
- Try restarting your computer. (.net framwork may require restart)
- Does the controller "show up" in Windows "Devices"
- is it calibrated in windows calibration in Windows Devices?
- Try clicking anywhere on the screen after car loads.

These are the only things i can think of.....

good luck and email support if you need more help.

Kevin.
It works, just horribly

The game runs fine with all my other Non RC controllers, except the controlls are hard to use, but otherwise all my other controllers work.

The problem im facing with my friends GTB3 is I get really screwed up trims when I start the game and I am getting left but only a little right.
Also I am getting reverse but little throttle.
The reverse and left are not full though, just partial.

Even when I try messing with the trims it only helps a tny bit.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Worked good for me, can even drive with the arrow keys now. Though turning puts the throttle to low speed, not sure if that is a bug or just to make it controllable, which it does well.

On install it wanted to Repair/Remove .NET 4 not sure why, its a new install as of last update, I don't do anything special with this computer, maybe it got confused on dependency check?

No idea if this is bug or feature, but at the pit table, I drove the 1st car off the table and into the background, selected a 2nd car and did the same, then both cars were taking inputs from the arrows, works with the 3rd car too. So from the pit table you can drive all 3 cars in the demo area at the same time.

Awesome job, great update, keep up the good work.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr. View Post
I think only one person has had that happen. Mine didn't ask to edit the proxy and my security system is very tight. Also ran a network analyzer upon install and didn't see any activity except checking for an update.
It didn't ask probably because you are running the standard windows firewall.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
It didn't ask probably because you are running the standard windows firewall.
I had wireshark running during the latest install, all I came up with was router/computer chit chat and Google Chrome calling home a couple times, even though it was closed. When I started it, there was the update check, which all it sent back was 087, the version number.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

^^ That.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrspruitt View Post
I had wireshark running during the latest install, all I came up with was router/computer chit chat and Google Chrome calling home a couple times, even though it was closed. When I started it, there was the update check, which all it sent back was 087, the version number.
If you have a firewall enabled when running wireshark, you are only going to see your outbound traffic which appears to be what you are seeing. The firewall should be blocking anything coming back inbound if it is not on a commonly open port. You would be better off spanning a port and running wireshark from another machine to check the traffic. FYI, having wireshark on your system is actually providing more tools for the adversary who may want to use your machine. In addition, wireshark has at least 154 well documented vulnerabilities associated with it as found here:http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/se...pe=all&cves=on.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but some people really do not understand how much of risk they take on their parents computers when stuff like this is going on. Teenagers are constantly infecting computers from games today and it's an easy avenue to exploit.

Last edited by jmackani; 08-09-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

With Firewall disabled still nothing but query and a reply "087", I'll see If I can save and upload the file.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
If you have a firewall enabled when running wireshark, you are only going to see your outbound traffic which appears to be what you are seeing. The firewall should be blocking anything coming back inbound if it is not on a commonly open port. You would be better off spanning a port and running wireshark from another machine to check the traffic.
Could be the router has a firewall also, I can't remember if it does or does not. But I didn't see anything suspicious out bound, the program called home, plain text was returned of "087". I'm also on WinXP sp3, the firewall is on, but can't remember the last time it asked me to allow something access to the internet, I've granted pretty much everything access, nothing much installed on this computer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.