Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New RC Racing Video Game/Simulation >

New RC Racing Video Game/Simulation

New RC Racing Video Game/Simulation

Old 08-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

just order me one
maybe that fix the problems,, wait and see.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

OK, just purchased and downloaded. Ordered the USB from A-main but I wanted to try it on keyborad for now and can't get anything. Did anyone figure out the keyboard controls?
Old 08-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Holy Catfish Batman..... 17 pages!.... you folks are quick....

I took a day off......well....not really..... I'm working on this new "magic input controller calibration system"....lol Being a cross-platform game its taking a little more to make all configurations work on all machines. (ie:PC, MAC)

Were learning along the way....... My only promise we provide is we are doing our best to get you ALL going as soon as possible....

Game problem notes:
- Make sure to run Game as Administrator
- only one controller plugged in at a time.
- run game in windowed mode (V086)
- Make sure you have .net framework installed. Must be 3.5 or newer.

I am going to be making a new thread in our RCSIM forums that has older builds (a great idea by someone in here) That way if your build is broken during updating....you can go back a version and keep driving. Sorry i didnt think of this sooner.

If you look in you C:/programs folder under RCSIM or RCSIM DEMO you will see all the previous builds you have already installed along with a .exe file to start it. To delete any RCSIM installation......just delete the RCSIM or RCSIM DEMO folders. Thats it.

Oh and you guys are NOT allowed to give me ANY slack ...... i work for you..... and if i dont provide what your looking for..... you have the option of firing me at any time..... I think this is the easiest way to keep me busting my hump...... as my friends say im a work-o-holic...lol.

now its midnight and the phones and dogs are quiet....... ahhhhhhhhh time to get to work....lol

Kevin
Old 08-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Great, thanks for the update. I for one will be buying the version for Mac as soon as its available. Cant wait!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Maybe make it work from the calibration in Windows for Windows users, as VRC Pro has no calibration in the game but seems to work 100% perfect for me, as long as its calibrated in windows correctly and channels are reversed or not reversed etc..

In VRC Pro they have the input sliders you can see in the game and somehow they must be linked to the windows calibration as mine goes from exact centre to 100% on steering and throtle in both directions 100% perfect.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I tried again a little later, unplugged my Xbox controller to see if my keyboard would work for the time being. I still am stumped as I'm getting no response on making the car move. I just want to try the sim out before I go ahead and get a 2.4ghz remote hook up and extra reciever.
-I tried remapping (keyboard, Xbox 360 remote)
-Running as admin
-Unplugging Xbox 360 adapter
-I'm running the demo just downloaded it today so should me newer version.
-Microsoft .net 4.0 I believe
-My OS is Windows 7 64bit
Old 08-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

How to download the updated version (have paid for full beta version)?

I've received email with the following link to 'RCSIMFULL.zip' , which just yields 404 for me.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by negatv1 View Post
How to download the updated version (have paid for full beta version)?

I've received email with the following link to 'RCSIMFULL.zip' , which just yields 404 for me.
email support at [email protected]

Ill get it to ya through there,

Thanks

Kevin
Old 08-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mxer59 View Post
I tried again a little later, unplugged my Xbox controller to see if my keyboard would work for the time being. I still am stumped as I'm getting no response on making the car move. I just want to try the sim out before I go ahead and get a 2.4ghz remote hook up and extra reciever.
-I tried remapping (keyboard, Xbox 360 remote)
-Running as admin
-Unplugging Xbox 360 adapter
-I'm running the demo just downloaded it today so should me newer version.
-Microsoft .net 4.0 I believe
-My OS is Windows 7 64bit
The game in the 086 version is only working with controllers and USB-TX adadpters...... keyboards do not drive the car..... but they will in a future update.

Kevin
Old 08-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RCJesus View Post
Maybe make it work from the calibration in Windows for Windows users, as VRC Pro has no calibration in the game but seems to work 100% perfect for me, as long as its calibrated in windows correctly and channels are reversed or not reversed etc..

In VRC Pro they have the input sliders you can see in the game and somehow they must be linked to the windows calibration as mine goes from exact centre to 100% on steering and throtle in both directions 100% perfect.
I agree, mine works the same way in VRC.

The game engine we are using doesnt support windows "directinput" anymore.......(as of about a two weeks before i launched the game....... OUCH.)

So I was forced to rethink this days before launch.....we decided only to tell RCTECH and test our solution among rc enthusiats...... and here we are....lol

were def getting the feedback we needed.

Thanks again

Kevin
Old 08-04-2012, 11:21 PM
jks
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

what is the reason for my xbox type controller having both the throttle and steering on the left analog stick? I've tried all sorts of stuff and cant get it to split the throttle and steering to different sticks. All else works fine just can't drive on one stick. Lol
Old 08-05-2012, 12:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by westendorfy View Post
The game in the 086 version is only working with controllers and USB-TX adadpters...... keyboards do not drive the car..... but they will in a future update.

Kevin
Thank you for confirming what everyone else has been experiencing. Maybe I missed it earlier, but the only options I've seen aside from the one posted just earlier today were to run it as admin, and that wasn't working. I still have the previous version and will go back to that until another update is released.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jks View Post
what is the reason for my xbox type controller having both the throttle and steering on the left analog stick? I've tried all sorts of stuff and cant get it to split the throttle and steering to different sticks. All else works fine just can't drive on one stick. Lol
Because we switched the way controllers are handled during the last test build..... 086 was built to make all the USB-TX adapters work...... as they are the preferred controller at this time. (we will be supporting other style controllers like XBOX's and such...but TX-USB adapters are first on the "fix" list) We have now tried "both styles" of input controllers and found out what we needed to make decisions from here.

If i dont make it back here as often as you need....just do a search of our forums and you should find what your looking for......im going to be opening more "how to threads".....as we figure out "how to"...lol

Thanks again
Kevin
Old 08-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I went to install this game, and my firewall popped up to inform me the installer was trying to modify the proxy enable registry. Considering malware programs love to hijack proxy settings, I blocked it.

I'd like to try your product, but I don't understand why you need to be poking around in my proxy settings.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

While waiting for the Tx USB to arrive from Amain I went and got a PC gaming controller much like a PS2 style. I quickly realized its very hard to use a controller like that for something like this nor is it fun either. In order to truly benifit from using this as a SIM and to have fun as well I am certain a Tx USB is the only way to go.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.