Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New RC Racing Video Game/Simulation >

New RC Racing Video Game/Simulation

New RC Racing Video Game/Simulation

Old 08-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nrtv20 View Post
I dont mean to sound like a rookie but I can't get the car to move at all in the game... I'm just trying to use a Keyboard for now until I find my VRC adapter. Is it because its wireless? I can use the shortcut keys durring the game like (h) for the hud and move myself on the drivers stand... but car go no no
After downloading the update I can't get any car moving either .
Old 08-01-2012, 01:23 PM
jks
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm having an issue with the car movement. The default arrow keys don't work and I have tried multiple game controllers and can only get one axis on the game pad to work. As an example if you set up steering and throttle for a controller, it only see's one axis .this makes throttle and steering is on one stick. I'm confused on what to do next. My system is windows 7 64bit and has net 4 on it. Thanks please help!
Old 08-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

me to no movement at all
Old 08-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well with newest update arrow keys indeed don't work, I managed to test it with my VRC adapter though and it works as it should.

I miss air balancing with throttle on big jumps - 2wd buggy has massive nose down attitude and it simply fall over front on landing despite I hold full throttle when I get into air. Is it just my problem? Also it seem to flip over quite easily (so does truck, not SCT), I would say way too easily.
All in all it looks promising after I spend about 30-45 minutes playing with it and future with tweaks look bright.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lochness42 View Post
Well with newest update arrow keys indeed don't work, I managed to test it with my VRC adapter though and it works as it should.

I miss air balancing with throttle on big jumps - 2wd buggy has massive nose down attitude and it simply fall over front on landing despite I hold full throttle when I get into air. Is it just my problem? Also it seem to flip over quite easily (so does truck, not SCT), I would say way too easily.
All in all it looks promising after I spend about 30-45 minutes playing with it and future with tweaks look bright.
My feeling on the physics of the cars was that they seem light. When they flip over I just got that feeling, like the car weighed a lot less than normal. Wasn't sure if it's just the limitations of sensation in virtual reality, or what.
This might be a limitation of the physics engine, I recall reading somewhere that the physics of cars, everything scales except weight, maybe the physics engine was designed for much heavier cars and when turned down to a few pounds rather than a few thousand, things aren't quite mathematically accurate?
Old 08-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Racer X8000 View Post
RcJesus, I'm running home premium x64. I installed .net framework version 4.0
though that's had no positive effect on the games playablility. I haven't yet updated to the newest version of the download though.

I'm having this same issue, so don't worry it's not just you. I'm going to try re-downloading the game and I suggest you do the same. Just don't forget to completely delete the old files.

*EDIT*
Just downloaded the newest version and while installing a .net installer told me that I had to repair my current installation of .net. If the game isn't working for you and you installed .net 4 on your own, please, re-download the game.

*EDIT #2*
Tried playing the game and am still having the same problems. Oddly, I can't even drive the car with the arrow keys now also.
I have tried the very latest version,

Still not working at all, not even keyboard or vrc usb adaptor or nothing.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCJesus View Post
I have tried the very latest version,

Still not working at all, not even keyboard or vrc usb adaptor or nothing.
I think the latest update broke the arrow keys, I can't use them either. With your USB adapter are you plugging it in before starting the game? I had an issue with that on the first release, had to plug it in, let it get recognized and all that, then start the game. No idea if this will work, but at the start up screen where you can set the control mapping, maybe try resetting those?
Old 08-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jrspruitt View Post
I think the latest update broke the arrow keys, I can't use them either. With your USB adapter are you plugging it in before starting the game? I had an issue with that on the first release, had to plug it in, let it get recognized and all that, then start the game. No idea if this will work, but at the start up screen where you can set the control mapping, maybe try resetting those?
Same here, if I didn't plug the USB in first, then start the game; it wouldn't work. Once I started by plugging the USB in first, then firing up the game, it worked perfectly.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Kevin,

I sent you an email.

Let me know if you got it.

Thanks,
-Venom
Old 08-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jks View Post
I'm having an issue with the car movement. The default arrow keys don't work and I have tried multiple game controllers and can only get one axis on the game pad to work. As an example if you set up steering and throttle for a controller, it only see's one axis .this makes throttle and steering is on one stick. I'm confused on what to do next. My system is windows 7 64bit and has net 4 on it. Thanks please help!
+1 Can't help to think its net 4?
Old 08-01-2012, 06:25 PM
jks
Tech Apprentice

Yeah I don't know. I haven't had any previous beta software versions to see anything work yet. lol
Old 08-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

cant get no movement or go with the keyboard or xbox controler either,, hope it gets fix soon,, got full version and cant even run it...
Old 08-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BIGDON18 View Post
cant get no movement or go with the keyboard or xbox controler either,, hope it gets fix soon,, got full version and cant even run it...
If its like the demo version, and you didn't uninstall the last version before installing the latest, you should be able to play the last version, will just need to navigate to the Program Files/RCSIM folder and start the older executable file. Isn't the best fix, but might make it playable again.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

Just tested it out, the arrows still work on my older installed version. For people using the latest builds, might save some frustration to leave a decent working copy installed along side the latest version. At least you can play then while certain bugs get worked out. I've written a few software programs, nothing this big, and things never quite go how you plan in my experience. So keeping a mostly working copy to have fun with, while helping test out the new versions might be the best plan. You just have to delete the folder in Program Files/RCSIM/<version> to get rid of it he said, so easy enough. Once a version comes out, that is working pretty well, delete the older one.

Keep up the good work Kevin, you are brave I must say, lot of work to do this.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:31 PM
jks
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jrspruitt View Post
Just tested it out, the arrows still work on my older installed version. For people using the latest builds, might save some frustration to leave a decent working copy installed along side the latest version. At least you can play then while certain bugs get worked out. I've written a few software programs, nothing this big, and things never quite go how you plan in my experience. So keeping a mostly working copy to have fun with, while helping test out the new versions might be the best plan. You just have to delete the folder in Program Files/RCSIM/<version> to get rid of it he said, so easy enough. Once a version comes out, that is working pretty well, delete the older one.

Keep up the good work Kevin, you are brave I must say, lot of work to do this.
Anyway to get an old copy? I guess I'll have to wait if not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.