Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FujativeOCR
Just watched the video. I do have the same diff but to be clear I have the newer center cvd.

At 1:56 he says "you have no play here". Thats the part Im having trouble with. Cant seem to get it spot on. With two shims and a grub screw adjustment, there will either be play in the bearing, or overhang in the gear mesh.

One thing was clear though, he did say "no play". So that answers if it should float or not.
You don't want play, but it should not be binding the bearings either, or else you will have pre-mature failure from overheating.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:33 AM
Tech Rookie

I bought a used RTR Ofna TS4 off ebay last year. I think I paid around $150. Truck had a broken front gearcase, stripped servo. Other than that she was in pretty good shape. I fixed problems, and started training 10 year old to drive it. He wants to bash. We have broken several parts. I just finished reading this entire 80 page TS4 thread. I have a lot to add. My main problem with truck is breaking the front gear case. Poor engineering. Bumper bolts to lower half of the front gear case and tower. Tower bolts to top half of gearcase gearcase bolts to chassis. Impact to bumper stresses gear case, causing breakage. I thought about custom cnc a gearcase. Then I thought reinforce with Tbone racing front bumper/skid. TBR front bumper is on the way.

Next issue is ring and pinion gears stripping in the front differential. Upgrade parts front and rear and center driveline cvd's front and rear fixed that. Around $75 at Evolution Hobbies(THANKS! Jeff Fowler) for the complete kit. EASY FIX.

Next issue screws back out on shock at arm RF and LR. Screw kit M3X12 SCREW-VERSA TOOTH
TS4045 left hand treead screws @ Evolution Hobbies(THANKS! Jeff Fowler)
fixed that.

Then I lost a pin from a cvd. I made one from a drill bit. I read somewhere the retainer ring should be turned 90 degrees from the pin, and put a drop of CA glue to keep it there. I did this, but used blue loctite. Be sure not to get any into the joint.

I also read to use black grease on cvd pins. I don't know where to get cvd boots, and grease attracts dirt and holds it. I use graphite to dry lube my cvd's often. No problems, so far.

Nephew decided he wants to race. We have been in 2 events, kids class. I bought a new racers edge enduro(TS4) so we could practice together and have a spare truck for parts. We made it to the main the first race. We ran short of parts after breaking the second front gear case in a week during 3rd round of qualifying at the second race. We've been running 40 weight oil front and rear shocks. 10-10-10 in the diffs. I bought some ofna aftermarket all aluminum bigger bore shocks with longer stroke, too. I add 13mm ae shock bladders. Truck pushes and oversteers. We've been reading a lot, and making major changes. Updates coming. The truck handles much better with a better radio.

LHS had a big sale fathers day. Lots of goodies to experiment with, including a BAJA '55 CHEVY body to paint and mount.

Bodies are tougher when sprayed with truck bed liner, both sides. then paint outside, if you don't like black out. Weight? So far, not an issue. This truck is light.

Team C upgrade aluminum parts as well as stock parts can also be found as racers edge enduro parts (search part numbers) at HRP (hobbyrecreationproducts.com), and OFNA TS4 parts, wherever you can find Ofna parts. (Nitrohouse.com Thanks Tim Bump!)

I had a problem with threads being stripped in the rear center differential mount (resin cast) and found [email protected] had made custom cnc upgrade for this part earlier in this thread. I contacted him and although he had none left, he made 2 for me and I received and installed them yesterday. Perfect fit. Easiest to install upgrade I've made to this truck so far. $50 for 2, delivered, and in just a few days. THANKS! Michael Ball, [email protected]

I think Jeff Fowler is still racing this truck. EvolutionHobbies.com He stocks everything you will need.

Next race for us is July 11, in King, NC. My driver is headed to the front of the pack(kids class). Stay tuned for setup updates, maybe I'll fill out a setup sheet, too.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:37 PM
Tech Rookie

See this thread hasn't been updated in awhile. I'm still racing my TS4, won local club race last weekend with a full A Main. (I have won with 24 cars before though), I've got the driveline bugs worked out. The newere Ring/Pinion Gears with the curved teeth and new center cvd's are great. Haven't chewed up any gears since April. Still having trouble with suspension setup. It's good enough to win, but I have to work at it. Truck is really bouncy (outdoors). Springs are way too stiff and I'm running the softest Team C ones. Just found the Pro-Line Pro Spec Springs are just about the right fit. Front Super Hards are 4.0 Rate. I measured the Team C Softs at about 5.5. I'd still like one at about 4.5 for the front. The Pro Spec Super Hard Rears were a bit on the long side. Rated at 2.8 or 3.0, as opposed to the Team C Softs 3.6. Ride height with the Pro-lines in the rear is hard to get arm level. Going to try the new springs next weekend at an outdoor glued track, freshly groomed. I may have to run the Team C's again because the track isn't bumpy but we shall see.

Anyway, truck is great. Still love it.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Team losi scte short silver is the ticket on the rear of that truck losb2960

Last edited by Keith B; 10-31-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well hello! Finally found a place to get info for my TS4. I've raced mine for two years straight and it's still holding up pretty good.
Attached Thumbnails TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread-ts4pro.jpg  
Old 11-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Got to appreciate those ts wheels
Old 01-23-2016, 10:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Any you guys having issues with the diff out drives wear out quick? Also is evolution hobbies still in business?
Old 01-25-2016, 10:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sckootter55
Any you guys having issues with the diff out drives wear out quick? Also is evolution hobbies still in business?
Yes, I'm still around...
Old 01-27-2016, 10:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sckootter55
looks like you need these
http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php...mart&Itemid=71
Old 07-23-2017, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Anybody still rocking the TS4? Thinking about buying my old one back.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Funny you mention it, Ive had one for years and never ran it, until a week ago. It goes great, has some potential. Painted up a fresh body for it.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Nice!

I'm still debating on buying mine back. 4x4 sct isn't really a thing around here anymore. But it really is a cool truck.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Its still strong here, I dusted mine off as ST is dead as a doornail now.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Ever seen this mod? Not my truck btw. Wondering what it did handling wise.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Interesting setup. Looks like a hyper 10sc or 10tt battery tray? Would like it better if the battery weren't standing on end. But cool mod regardless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.