TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread >

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Like Tree1Likes

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Old 07-15-2014, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
I actually have not used them but they are machined instead of pot metal cast so they should be worry free.
I hope so. My truck is the Ofna Pro roller version and despite what I have read, the truck has been just about bullet proof aside from the front and rear pinions. A few screws and ball studs worked their way loose. One of my tires coming unglued and wobbling like crazy probably didn't help that issue.

Looks like my new gear/cvd set showed up in the mail today. Will let you guys know how it goes!
Old 07-16-2014, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I've been running the machined gears in mine, work great and zero issues. Just have to watch you mount the cvd cup onto the pinion gear shaft with enough space that you don't pinch the bearings. Since the cup can slide on the gear shaft it's really easy to have it too tight and bind the bearings up when you put the assembly in the gear box
Old 07-28-2014, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I just got the Racers Edge version and didn't even get through 1 battery and broke both the caster block and steering knuckle on drivers side, never really hit anything hard at all only ran on my small personal track at home, are these a problem with breaking, should i upgrade to the alum. ones and which caster block 10 or 13 degrees. for future is there any other problem areas like a-arms rear hubs etc. let me know anyone, trying to get this one for my daughter to run.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Stub axles are a huge problem, Ive broke them just landing on the downside of a jump. Wheel made it to the corner before the rest of the truck.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

When you buy new parts. Pickup the team C brand parts. They have better quality plastics. I ran mine on everything from small 1/10 to huge 1/8 tracks and never broke anything. These are good strong agile trucks in the right hands. I recommend using www.evohobbies.com for parts. Jeff is real good to work with on stuff.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

The stock ring and pinion gears are fine when shimmed properly and greased. I have had the same set in mine for over a year now. I've raced the same truck for 3 years, using a Tekin 4600kv then a 4300kv with an RX8 esc and 70C battery. If you use a 90 or 100C battery, you can risk having too much punch on high-traction surfaces. Keep it off the street. The TS4 is a low-geared off-road racing truck, not a bashing drag-racing struck. ;-)

For stronger arms use the harder optional #TS4062 and TS4063 arms instead of the softer stock originals. Aluminum C-hubs and Steering Arm/Knuckles are not necessary unless you expect to be crashing frequently. A spare set of front axles is good to keep on-hand as well. I have not broken one is 2 years. (I'm knocking on wood right now).

If you have a bad crash to a front axle, inspect it before your next run. It may not break apart until later, like while gently landing on the downside of a jump in your next race.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoyJ View Post
The stock ring and pinion gears are fine when shimmed properly and greased. I have had the same set in mine for over a year now. I've raced the same truck for 3 years, using a Tekin 4600kv then a 4300kv with an RX8 esc and 70C battery. If you use a 90 or 100C battery, you can risk having too much punch on high-traction surfaces. Keep it off the street. The TS4 is a low-geared off-road racing truck, not a bashing drag-racing struck. ;-)

For stronger arms use the harder optional #TS4062 and TS4063 arms instead of the softer stock originals. Aluminum C-hubs and Steering Arm/Knuckles are not necessary unless you expect to be crashing frequently. A spare set of front axles is good to keep on-hand as well. I have not broken one is 2 years. (I'm knocking on wood right now).

If you have a bad crash to a front axle, inspect it before your next run. It may not break apart until later, like while gently landing on the downside of a jump in your next race.
Glad you mentioned the TS4062 & TS4063.. I was wondering what the difference was between the standard arms and them.. Good to know..

I've been running a TS4 for close to 2 years and never had an issue.. The only parts I've broken were a front bumper set (original one only once) and a front arm... I run a Viper 4500kv sensorless setup and Nanotech 6600mah 60c packs.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Thanks for the help guys, just ordered up the team c plastic knuckles and caster blocks and see how they last, my daughter is a newbie and crashes a lot so may have to get alum. ones down the road.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

I like the alumn knuckles as I could get more throw with them
Old 07-29-2014, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Aside from the pinion gears, I haven't had a single thing break on my truck. With the new machined gear set, this thing has been bullet proof. Been running the snot out of this thing every weekend with a Tenshock 4600 and it's a beast!

I did damage a spur gear slightly. Must have gotten a small pebble or something in the mesh. I just cleaned the teeth up with an x-acto knife and am still running on the same gear.

Originally Posted by bobf24 View Post
I like the alumn knuckles as I could get more throw with them
I would really like to try a set of the 13 degree fronts, but the aluminum upgrades are so expensive!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
Aside from the pinion gears, I haven't had a single thing break on my truck. With the new machined gear set, this thing has been bullet proof. Been running the snot out of this thing every weekend with a Tenshock 4600 and it's a beast!

I did damage a spur gear slightly. Must have gotten a small pebble or something in the mesh. I just cleaned the teeth up with an x-acto knife and am still running on the same gear.

I would really like to try a set of the 13 degree fronts, but the aluminum upgrades are so expensive!
I got my knuckles using the points thing on the teamc forum so didn't have to pay for them.

Last edited by bobf24; 07-30-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok guys just purchased one of these trucks with a Novak 4.5 havoc pro sc system, Airtronics high tourque servo. Anything I should do before hitting the track? I heard something about a pinnion gear problem? And as well as the nose down on jumps? Dose any weight need to be added and if so where at is the popular place? For that motor esc set up what is the minimum size battery I will need? Thx fr any advice.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

All I can suggest for now is go back and read this thread, lots of good info on here and your answers will be found. Its only 77 pages.....
Old 09-29-2014, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Already done, got all the info from all of the pages. Just asked the questions incase someone has found something more about the issues and why there happening.

One question I did not find a answer for, for that esc and motor combo, is a 20-30c battery doable??
Old 09-29-2014, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
Ok guys just purchased one of these trucks with a Novak 4.5 havoc pro sc system, Airtronics high tourque servo. Anything I should do before hitting the track? I heard something about a pinnion gear problem? And as well as the nose down on jumps? Dose any weight need to be added and if so where at is the popular place? For that motor esc set up what is the minimum size battery I will need? Thx fr any advice.
Definitely get the updated gear set! My truck has been flawless ever since. Broke a front and rear stock pinions in short order, but it's a non-issue now.

http://evohobbies.com/parts-hop-ups/...-shipping.html

I believe you want 2 oz. behind the battery. Pretty sure Team C sells a brass weight specifically for this purpose.

I noticed occasional nose diving with mine, but nowhere near as bad as any of the Teknos I've driven. My experience with all 4wd sct's is that I have to be much more aware of throttle input when leaving the face of a jump than with my 2wd's.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.