Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread >

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Like Tree1Likes

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Old 12-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

They look like a really good deal for under 300bucks..
But what about getting parts for them?
Is this an issue?
Thanks
Old 12-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
Is this an issue?
Thanks
Shouldn't be a problem at all. I carry parts for it. I still race my TS4, so I carry pretty much everything for the truck.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks ..
Now would this be a good starter SCT ?
Old 12-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks ..
Now would this be a good starter SCT ?
The TS4 platform is a great truck for racing. If you're just bashing, there may be better options. If you think it'll ever see a racetrack, the TS4 platform is a solid truck.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I have my truck completely built, and when doing a test run on the bench to get the esc setup, this truck is really loud. The gear mesh is set properly. I read back through this thread and seems that everyone says its loud if a bearing is going out, well its a brand new, and most of the noise is from the center diff. Its built right, and the bearings are fine. Any ideas? I have on order the main gear support, but has not come in yet, and I also already added the aluminum center diff brace that someone made on this site, it replaces the other plastic side of the center diff.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tkge View Post
I have my truck completely built, and when doing a test run on the bench to get the esc setup, this truck is really loud. The gear mesh is set properly. I read back through this thread and seems that everyone says its loud if a bearing is going out, well its a brand new, and most of the noise is from the center diff. Its built right, and the bearings are fine. Any ideas? I have on order the main gear support, but has not come in yet, and I also already added the aluminum center diff brace that someone made on this site, it replaces the other plastic side of the center diff.
normal, carbon fiber center stiffener helps a little bit. I guess the plastic the spur gear is made of, some angle between center diff outdrive and the front middle CVD, together with the molded ring gears/ bevel gears for front and rear diff all contribute to the noise.

anyways, 4wd sct are always loud (we have a relatively small indoor track, and 4wd SCT races are our no-conversation period, nobody can hear others talking standing around the track). put some black grease between metal gears in the gearbox, and shim it right. it's fine.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i find on my truck if the bolts holding the centre diff in are too tight it binds the whole thing up and made a little extra noise so I run them more on the loose side, I have the CF brace though, but ya the truck is pretty loud like most 4wd
Old 12-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Mantis works wrote some things in here about the noise, look through this thread. I believe its mostly shimming and quality of the center diff bearings. He got his very quiet as I recall but ya out of the box its brutal.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Yeah I got it all shimmed right, and even put the ceramic bearings in the diffs for the pinion shaft. I may go ahead and replace the ones on the center just to be safe. I have yet to run the truck, so I will do that to get ready for this weekend. Thanks!
Old 12-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Is this an issue?
Thanks
Alot of places carry the parts, nitrohouse.com and amainhobbies do!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CarlCrocco View Post
Alot of places carry the parts, nitrohouse.com and amainhobbies do!!!
Sweet cuz I placed my order last Friday !!
Old 12-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

So I ran my TS4 Pro for the first time this past weekend. It was a beast. Totally planted and very fast, could turn super tight turns and jumped great. I was loving this truck in practice for a couple battery packs. I could run 25 minutes easily with a Tekin RX8 and Pro4 4000kv motor using a 6600 mah battery and it was not even warm at the end of the run. Day ended on the third pack when the front right axle stub broke, not off a jump or a crash, but coming around a corner, and it was right about where the bearings sit in the hub. Kinda weird. I was done for the weekend, as I didn't order any of those as spares since I had the shocks limited with 5mm. Guess that was not enough or maybe it was just a weak part. I will get it back together and probably run it at the January Jam in Flowood MS next month. Truck was better to me than any other 4WD SC that I have had, and I have almost had them all........
Old 12-18-2013, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Nice to hear, thinking of picking up one myself.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I loved mine while I had it, but I did find that the axles and the cast ring/pinion gears to be problematic.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tkge View Post
So I ran my TS4 Pro for the first time this past weekend. It was a beast. Totally planted and very fast, could turn super tight turns and jumped great. I was loving this truck in practice for a couple battery packs. I could run 25 minutes easily with a Tekin RX8 and Pro4 4000kv motor using a 6600 mah battery and it was not even warm at the end of the run. Day ended on the third pack when the front right axle stub broke, not off a jump or a crash, but coming around a corner, and it was right about where the bearings sit in the hub. Kinda weird. I was done for the weekend, as I didn't order any of those as spares since I had the shocks limited with 5mm. Guess that was not enough or maybe it was just a weak part. I will get it back together and probably run it at the January Jam in Flowood MS next month. Truck was better to me than any other 4WD SC that I have had, and I have almost had them all........
Great! How was the noise?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.