Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread >

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Like Tree1Likes

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Old 06-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu View Post
you greased diff seal o-rings with black grease isn't it?

Maybe from that factory. I never removed the o-ring when I changed it the first time. I did today just making sure they were good. I guess there could have been some old dif fluid under the shims inside and between that and the o rings it could have turned it black. But I don't know if it could have turned it that black. It was pretty dark, almost like it was full of worn metal shavings.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I am about to put my truck back together with some crazy mods just for the heck of it. I am not racing SC this year due to all of my other classes so I am putting 16mm shocks on it with new towers and a 500g brass weight mounted to the bottom of the chassis. May work, may not we will see.
Cotton, you should have rebound with the truck but not with the shock and no spring! Your not bugging me at all I am just active on alot of threads!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
I am about to put my truck back together with some crazy mods just for the heck of it. I am not racing SC this year due to all of my other classes so I am putting 16mm shocks on it with new towers and a 500g brass weight mounted to the bottom of the chassis. May work, may not we will see.
Cotton, you should have rebound with the truck but not with the shock and no spring! Your not bugging me at all I am just active on alot of threads!

OHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I don't have rebound without the springs! But they are topped off to the top of the shock body.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Anybody heard anything about or tried the Novak Havoc Prc Sc esc? I have the mmp and I'm wondering if I get the Novak esc can I ditch the external Castle BEC and the Spektrum "glitch buster". I don't mind them on there but I just don't have the room. Or should I get a new servo? I have the Novak Ballistic 550 4.5 motor and I'm running all Spektrum receivers and transmitter. And I have heard that the Spektrum and Savox servo combined with the MMP, no good. And that's why I installed the BEC and I already had the "glitch buster" from when I ordered the kit. No point in spending money if its not going to fix the issues. I've also read that the Novak esc has certain features that work with their motor and esc combo, but are they useless features? This truck is my first kit and I want it to be one of the best around! You guys have helped me a lot also and thanks again for all the info and opinions!
Old 06-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ive had a couple issues with Novak stuff. They dont seem to last very long, so I personally wouldnt run one in 4wd SC. Im running a Tekin RX8 currently. Check out the Hobbywing SCT Pro. http://www.falconsekido.com/products...t-pro-esc-blue if I were on a tight budget and were still learning, this is what I would get. Easy to figure out, reliable, and easy on the wallet.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Hoese37 View Post
Ive had a couple issues with Novak stuff. They dont seem to last very long, so I personally wouldnt run one in 4wd SC. Im running a Tekin RX8 currently. Check out the Hobbywing SCT Pro. http://www.falconsekido.com/products...t-pro-esc-blue if I were on a tight budget and were still learning, this is what I would get. Easy to figure out, reliable, and easy on the wallet.

I actually just installed that same esc tonight on my neighbors slash. I already have the Novak motor and I love my mmp but I just want something to avoid using the BEC. I don't want to downgrade at all. I have also heard nothing but great things about the rx8 and about tekin in general but I like to be different I guess. I'm sure ill stick with the mmp but I'm just never satisfied. I have even considered selling my ts4 just to get another kit to build. I like assembling them because I know what I'm doing when it comes to that. I need a hands on experience with someone that totally knows what they are doing when it comes to set up. I have yet to find that person that is close enough to me for that to happen. I hear all the time you have to learn on your on, but I look at it like Marcus told me. It's best to start off with a known properly set up truck. I think I am close to that but hell I could be miles away from that. I don't know that I have ever even drove a perfectly setup truck. Here in Mississippi rc racing is not big at all. There is a place in mobile Alabama that is pretty serious about racing and stuff but they have their little group and don't always welcome new comers. We have/had a track the me and a few friends started on but I seem to be the only one motivated enough to work on it and pay for materials, so that's going downhill fast! I have even considered just getting totally out of it all because I have almost 2 grand tied up in trucks that are just sitting on my work bench looking pretty.

On a different note, is there any type of market for custom painted bodies? I have gotten into painting them and I paint one every week or so it seems just for fun and to try and get that one perfect paint job with no screw ups. I see them on eBay for over $100 but they are all "buy it now" actions so I can't tell if people are bidding on them or if they are just listing them and the never sell. I'm going to try and post a pic of the latest one I did and I would like you guy's opinion on it and what you think it's worth. Problem is I know how much money and time I have in it and its going to be hard to find someone that understands that or someone that even gives a damn ha!
Attached Thumbnails TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread-image.jpg  
Old 06-08-2013, 01:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

For some reason I can only post one pic at a time so I had to do it twice.
Attached Thumbnails TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread-image.jpg  
Old 06-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Savox and MMP will not work together, get a different servo and you will be fine. I have been running a MMP on my ebuggy for over a year now and it has been flawless!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Savox and MMP will not work together, get a different servo and you will be fine. I have been running a MMP on my ebuggy for over a year now and it has been flawless!

Well it works fine with the BEC on there. It is a little noisy. But its smooth as can be. I just hate to lose the money on that servo.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

So do you think I can get rid of all the power upgrades I had to do with the savox? What servo are you running?

Also if I was to go from a 54/13 to a 54/15 spur and pinion, will it be faster? Will I lose torque? Will I even notice a difference?
Old 06-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Going up om the motor will increase top speed. I wemt from a 12T on the indoor track, to a 16T outdoors. It does take away torque, but you wont really notice it, singe these vehicles are grossly overpowered. If any thing youll notice it makes the truck more driveable in the lower throttle range.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What pitch pinion does the ts4 have? Is it mod 1?
Old 06-12-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Yes mod1. I really like the Tekno pinions because they have a larger set screw in them, less chance of stripping one out.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Who would be interested in an Aluminum rear center diff holder? This peice http://www.nitrohouse.com/TS4-Center..._p_15113.html#
Old 06-18-2013, 06:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yes I would be. I've stripped the thread out of the plastic on one screw.

How much would it be. Are you making them?

Originally Posted by Hoese37 View Post
Who would be interested in an Aluminum rear center diff holder? This peice http://www.nitrohouse.com/TS4-Center..._p_15113.html#

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.