TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread >

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Like Tree1Likes

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Old 05-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NorCalLump View Post
I have been scrolling throught the thread on this truck. Im looking into buying the Ofna version. Have some questions. How easy is this truck to drive. I never raced before but had many "race" (D8 w/werks b5, Jammin x1x with picco p7) vehicles in my stable. I will be running at Amain Hobbies track. They have amonster outdoor and a nice indoor track. I just want to be sure I can run at both with no issues. What motor/esc are recomended for a budget racer?
I'm running the Viper Copperhead 4500kv in mine, and it runs pretty solid. With the stock setup, it's pretty easy to drive.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

I know someone told me already but what length fuel tubing do I need to put on my shock shafts to limit the up travel?
Old 05-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

got the roll center plates mounted. do I need to cut the other camber link mounting holes off in order to get my ball cups in there or do I just need to change them out totally

Last edited by cottonkidd; 05-22-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Is it possible to fit a 1/8 size motor ie 42mm can in the TS4
Old 05-22-2013, 10:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

holy hell this thing is loud now! is it because I went to different dif fluid? or did I do it wrong? haha! I don't have my tires on yet but it sounds like the center dif is louder than normal. im even nervous to drive it cause I don't want to screw my difs up
Old 05-23-2013, 12:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok I got it all together! Sounds good now! Just had to get the tires on I guess. I just took it out on the street and it ran good I can't wait to get it on the track tomorrow to see how it handles now. That was a big change all at once I think.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by cottonkidd View Post
got the roll center plates mounted. do I need to cut the other camber link mounting holes off in order to get my ball cups in there or do I just need to change them out totally
You dont have to cut them but it makes it much easier to change the links on the fly.

Originally Posted by josh9465 View Post
Is it possible to fit a 1/8 size motor ie 42mm can in the TS4
Would not recommend doing that for one you can only get 2s in the truck, if you go 3s with a 1/8 motor you are going to tear everything up, truck was designed for 2s/550

holy hell this thing is loud now! is it because I went to different dif fluid? or did I do it wrong? haha! I don't have my tires on yet but it sounds like the center dif is louder than normal. im even nervous to drive it cause I don't want to screw my difs up
If it is loud its normally the bearings and/or mesh is too tight or too loose, double check to make sure, it can be an expensive mistake.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I know someone told me already but what length fuel tubing do I need to put on my shock shafts to limit the up travel?
I have about 3mm on mine, or about 1/8 inch.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NorCalLump View Post
I have been scrolling throught the thread on this truck. Im looking into buying the Ofna version. Have some questions. How easy is this truck to drive. I never raced before but had many "race" (D8 w/werks b5, Jammin x1x with picco p7) vehicles in my stable. I will be running at Amain Hobbies track. They have amonster outdoor and a nice indoor track. I just want to be sure I can run at both with no issues. What motor/esc are recomended for a budget racer?
Its a good truck. Only thing i really changed are the diff and shock oils. I went with the Ofna version too. Id suggest you get the Team C truck from Evohobbies.com Jeff is a great guy to deal with. The Team C truck comes with the extra hopups youd need for an extra $40. Its about $100+ to get them thru Ofna. Plus the Ofna truck has very soft plastics on the arms, I can bend mine about 45* and they spring right back.

If youre on a budget, look into the hobbywing ESC http://www.falconsekido.com/products...t-pro-esc-blue

I run a Tekin 4600 Pro4 but with an RX8.

Last edited by Hoese37; 05-23-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
You dont have to cut them but it makes it much easier to change the links on the fly.

Would not recommend doing that for one you can only get 2s in the truck, if you go 3s with a 1/8 motor you are going to tear everything up, truck was designed for 2s/550

If it is loud its normally the bearings and/or mesh is too tight or too loose, double check to make sure, it can be an expensive mistake.

I drove it today and it seems really soft now as far as suspension goes. The back squats down and goes but yet it has really good rebound if that makes sense. I put the stock springs back on there also. Seemed to be gripping the concrete more to if that's possible. I try to turn with a little speed and it just rolls over.

It took me a looooongggg time to get the camber links mounted to the roll center plates ha! Only because I didn't really want to cut the stock ones incase I break them and I need the stock ones. So I popped out the ball and them mounted it to the plate and popped the ball cups back on. The rear I had to take back apart to get them in. Then one of the red screws you sent stripped out so I had to use a dremel and cut a slot in it for a flat head screw driver and got it out. I guess that's how you learn though by screwing up!

I topped the shocks all the way off also. Was I supposed to? Do I need to fill the cap a little to? My ofna kit came with metal shock caps and plastic ones with vent holes in them it looks like. Will the plastic ones make a difference? What about putting the "bladders" in the shock caps? I didn't get any with the kit but I got some with the traxxas eyelets I bought.

The metal shield bearings we $8 for 2! My LHS is outrageous! I could have gotten 10 of them of the Internet for $9! Would the different fluid make it a little bit louder? It sounds good but seems a little louder than before. I'm just concerned I didn't put enough dif fluid in there. I filled it right above the 4 smaller gears inside the dif and put the top on it.

All in all I'm very happy with the way it came out and the way it feels. At least for now. I will be going to our track after work and putting it to the real test. I still don't have any jumps on our track but I can drive to the other track about an hour away to try that out next week. Thanks again Marcus for all the tips and knowledge you have shared with me and same to the rest if you that have helped! Hopefully ill be smoking everyone at my track!

One more thing. I turned my motor timing all the way down to try and save battery life. Should I stay at my 13t pinion or go up? I have a 14 with me but I was thinking about a 15t and keeping my 54t spur. I can't drive my track full throttle because the truck is so fast so lowering the timing won't bother me to much but I also like to be able to crank it up when needed.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Hoese37 View Post
I have about 3mm on mine, or about 1/8 inch.

Cool thanks. I guess I can put some on there and see if it goes up to far then cut off or add to it. But that gives me a good starting point!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Damn did I scare everyone off?
Old 05-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes !
Old 05-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LOL..no it's very interesting

Last edited by speedy2; 05-27-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ha! Well I now know A LOT more than I did 5 pages ago in this forum! And my truck is ALMOST there! Just worried about my shocks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.