Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread >

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Like Tree1Likes

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Old 05-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Hoese37 View Post
Camber is adjusted by the top turnbuckle. you need a camber gauge to do it accurately. RPM makes a good one. The roll center plates just adjust height and how far in the camber link mounts. This all changes how the car handles. Droop is measured from the bottom of the lowest point of the chassis plate to the lowest point on the suspension arm.

Thanks! But I still don't get it ha! I'm a have to see it done guy vs reading and understanding stuff..... That's why I ask so many dang questions ha!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Watch some youtube vids on adjusting camber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUQ1xWaNf9g

Last edited by Hoese37; 05-21-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 05-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Hoese37 View Post
Camber is adjusted by the top turnbuckle. you need a camber gauge to do it accurately. RPM makes a good one. The roll center plates just adjust height and how far in the camber link mounts. This all changes how the car handles. Droop is measured from the bottom of the lowest point of the chassis plate to the lowest point on the suspension arm.
You are very knowledgeable so i assume the wording is just wrong but the Roll center plates do not adjust the height of the truck. They are used to adjust front and rear roll centers via link length and by lowering and raising the inner mount (probably what you meant!) Just dont want to cause any confusion as its already a complicated subject!!! please take no offense!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
You are very knowledgeable so i assume the wording is just wrong but the Roll center plates do not adjust the height of the truck. They are used to adjust front and rear roll centers via link length and by lowering and raising the inner mount (probably what you meant!) Just dont want to cause any confusion as its already a complicated subject!!! please take no offense!
he said the height of camber link mounting position.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes VERY complicated subject!! Any way, my order will be in tomorrow according to the tracking info. I think I can handle building the shocks and mounting the roll center plates. But I don't know which hole to start at. I'm going tomorrow to get some fuel tubing and try and find a camber measuring tool at my local hobby shop but that very unlikely because my hobby shop doesn't stock anything anymore they just keep the same ol shit nobody buys in there. How full do I fill my difs? I've read 3/4 and I've read full. And anybody know any good ideas on filling in stripped out holes on suspension arms or any screw holes in the plastic
Old 05-21-2013, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cottonkidd View Post
Yes VERY complicated subject!! Any way, my order will be in tomorrow according to the tracking info. I think I can handle building the shocks and mounting the roll center plates. But I don't know which hole to start at. I'm going tomorrow to get some fuel tubing and try and find a camber measuring tool at my local hobby shop but that very unlikely because my hobby shop doesn't stock anything anymore they just keep the same ol shit nobody buys in there. How full do I fill my difs? I've read 3/4 and I've read full. And anybody know any good ideas on filling in stripped out holes on suspension arms or any screw holes in the plastic
Inside hole middle until you get on the track and i would not mess with the Rollcenter adjustments until you get everything else sorted out.

3/4 full on difs

Put a few drops of CA on the screw, screw into the hole but dont tighten for about 10min or so.

MAKE SURE YOU SHIM THE DIFS PROPERLY, AND WHILE YOU ARE AT YOUR LHS BUY METAL SHIELD BEARINGS (4) FOR THE PINION SHAFT
Old 05-21-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Inside hole middle until you get on the track and i would not mess with the Rollcenter adjustments until you get everything else sorted out.

3/4 full on difs

Put a few drops of CA on the screw, screw into the hole but dont tighten for about 10min or so.

MAKE SURE YOU SHIM THE DIFS PROPERLY, AND WHILE YOU ARE AT YOUR LHS BUY METAL SHIELD BEARINGS (4) FOR THE PINION SHAFT

Hahahahaha you are speaking foreign language! CA? And I guess I need to watch some videos on shimming my difs! So the 4 bearings are the 2 on each driveshaft, where that pinion gear is? Is this a necessity? They may not have them at my LHS. It's terrible!
Old 05-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Hahahahaha you are speaking foreign language! CA? And I guess I need to watch some videos on shimming my difs! So the 4 bearings are the 2 on each driveshaft, where that pinion gear is? Is this a necessity? They may not have them at my LHS. It's terrible!

Man, you should just send me your truck
CA is superglue
I am pretty sure they are 5x8 bearings, its a very common size. they go into the gearboxes where the pinions are.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Man, you should just send me your truck
CA is superglue
I am pretty sure they are 5x8 bearings, its a very common size. they go into the gearboxes where the pinions are.

HA! I am spent! I still have to buy better batteries! I have the size (5x10x4) of the bearings. I need the size or thickness of the shim I need. One of my difs were worn a little on one or two teeth and im assuming that is what its from.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

HA! I am spent! I still have to buy better batteries! I have the size (5x10x4) of the bearings. I need the size or thickness of the shim I need. One of my difs were worn a little on one or two teeth and im assuming that is what its from.
I cant remember the size but its in the manual
Old 05-21-2013, 09:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

I cant remember the size but its in the manual
well all I did was remove them and cleaned them off I didn't remove any bearings or take them off the out drives or spur. All the shims on the inside stayed in there and there were none on the outside. That's what I was thinking you were talking about.

I am starting to get this a little more. All thanks to you guys. I have only been doing this about 3-4 months and I have wasted 1000's on junk before I got to this point. But I am addicted like a crack head! All I do is work on mine and my friends trucks non stop and watch videos or ask you guys questions! You guys may think I'm a dumb ass, , but I'm really not! Just a total beginner that got way in over his head! I have to figure this out! I'm begging my parents to help me build an indoor public track here local and let that be my business. I also don't want to look like an idiot opening something I know nothing about! Im married with 3 kids and that's a big risk but if they will help I can do it at night and weekends for practices and racing. We have an outdoor track that me and my boss built and its coming along but we need more dirt for that. BTW I know every track uses the 4" black drain pipe as the border/outline of the track, what I cant figure out is how they safely anchor the pipe. Ever paid attention to that? All the tracks close to us are not close to us, they are 3 hours or more other than one that's a hour and a half away. I NEED A REAL PRACTICE/TEST TRACK! Thanks again!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:10 AM
Tech Champion

well all I did was remove them and cleaned them off I didn't remove any bearings or take them off the out drives or spur. All the shims on the inside stayed in there and there were none on the outside. That's what I was thinking you were talking about.

I am starting to get this a little more. All thanks to you guys. I have only been doing this about 3-4 months and I have wasted 1000's on junk before I got to this point. But I am addicted like a crack head! All I do is work on mine and my friends trucks non stop and watch videos or ask you guys questions! You guys may think I'm a dumb ass, , but I'm really not! Just a total beginner that got way in over his head! I have to figure this out! I'm begging my parents to help me build an indoor public track here local and let that be my business. I also don't want to look like an idiot opening something I know nothing about! Im married with 3 kids and that's a big risk but if they will help I can do it at night and weekends for practices and racing. We have an outdoor track that me and my boss built and its coming along but we need more dirt for that. BTW I know every track uses the 4" black drain pipe as the border/outline of the track, what I cant figure out is how they safely anchor the pipe. Ever paid attention to that? All the tracks close to us are not close to us, they are 3 hours or more other than one that's a hour and a half away. I NEED A REAL PRACTICE/TEST TRACK! Thanks again!
Its all good man, nobody thinks your a dumbass!! Nowadays RC racing is very technical, if you dont ask questions you will not be able to just figure it out!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Its all good man, nobody thinks your a dumbass!! Nowadays RC racing is very technical, if you dont ask questions you will not be able to just figure it out!

Yea I know I was just joking really. But people reading this are probably thinking that! What are the metal shield bearings for? If I can't get them at me LHS should I wait and order them? I don't want to have to take me whole truck apart again! The shims you were talking about, are they between the bearings and the dif case? On the drive cups? I just hope I didn't drop any out that I didn't know about but I don't think I did. Also I'm running the same motor as you I think , Novak 550 4.5t, I have a 13t pinion and stock spur. I was thinking of going to a 15t but wasn't sure if it was even necessary. Wouldn't that speed it up a little but? And I had my motor timing set on 20 but since my batteries are crap I turned it down to 15 last night hoping I would get a little better run time. What is your opinion on that? Just until I get better quality batteries.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

To answer your question about how to anchor the drain pipe, we've used 1' pieces of rebar, long L-bolts and 12" Galvanized nails with washers on top. All of those seem to work very well. The closest track is around an hour, so I have a small backyard track.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I have been scrolling throught the thread on this truck. Im looking into buying the Ofna version. Have some questions. How easy is this truck to drive. I never raced before but had many "race" (D8 w/werks b5, Jammin x1x with picco p7) vehicles in my stable. I will be running at Amain Hobbies track. They have amonster outdoor and a nice indoor track. I just want to be sure I can run at both with no issues. What motor/esc are recomended for a budget racer?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.