Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread >

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Like Tree1Likes

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Old 05-13-2013, 08:46 PM
  #901  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (28)
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,955
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cottonkidd View Post
yea I got you. and yes you are right about them not fitting well. I had to use the plastic shock holders and screw the adjustment nut all the way down just to hold them in. So what springs do you suggest I use after I make all the above adjustments? and do you think I should go back to stock springs for now and ditch the losi scte springs? And im not sure If the stock springs are medium or hard either. I don't think they are soft. Thanks again for all the very helpful info!
Follow the setup i linked a few pages ago, stock springs should be med i think.

TLR22T R springs fit the back yellows and whites work well
TLR22B R springs fit the front orange and silvers work well

Last edited by MantisWorx; 05-14-2013 at 06:26 AM.
MantisWorx is offline  
Old 05-14-2013, 03:02 AM
  #902  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Hoese37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutchinson, MN
Posts: 3,819
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

AE 50wt is 650cst. I could go to 40wt which is about 450cst. The ofna kit springs are the soft ones.
Hoese37 is offline  
Old 05-15-2013, 07:39 PM
  #903  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 68
Default

Im fixing to make my order on RCshox.com. I have a bottle of 450cst, 250cst, 15 and 7 dif oil, roll centers, and 2 stage pistons in my cart. Any thing else I really need?
cottonkidd is offline  
Old 05-16-2013, 10:59 PM
  #904  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 68
Default

Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Follow the setup i linked a few pages ago, stock springs should be med i think.

TLR22T R springs fit the back yellows and whites work well
TLR22B R springs fit the front orange and silvers work well


I put my order in last night! I can't wait!
cottonkidd is offline  
Old 05-18-2013, 01:12 PM
  #905  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 68
Default

ok so I got some traxxas shock ends (5462) and they didn't fit. Didn't thread up the hole was slightly bigger. The bottom spring holders don't fir around the eyelets either. Any ideas? Did I get the wrong ones? I just assumed they were all the same for 10th scale. I have some eyelets from an older rustler and they fit but they are the same length it looks like. I also purchased a caliper, how do I measure droop again? Im still confused on that! thanks!
cottonkidd is offline  
Old 05-18-2013, 04:58 PM
  #906  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Hoese37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutchinson, MN
Posts: 3,819
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I used the Losi SCTE shock ends.
Hoese37 is offline  
Old 05-18-2013, 05:05 PM
  #907  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 68
Default

Everything fit with no mods? Are they the snake length?
cottonkidd is offline  
Old 05-18-2013, 07:30 PM
  #908  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Hoese37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutchinson, MN
Posts: 3,819
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Thyre about 2mm longer. They have a molded rib around the top that needs to be trimmed down to fit correctly, and I used the TS4 mounting ball in them rather than the Losi one.
Hoese37 is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 08:35 AM
  #909  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 68
Default

I took a dremel and shaved down the traxxas eyelets and the stock spring holders fit now. I'm just waiting on my order from rcshox.com so I can put my truck back together. Every since I ordered it Marcus has disappeared! Hopefully by the time I get it he will be back cause I'm gonna need some setup help with all the stuff I ordered I'm sure. I have my truck tore down and all my difs and shocks cleaned out and ready to be filled back up! Any one have any good ideas to fix stripped out holes? My lower suspension arms are terrible! I have screws popping out a lot! I finally went to a bigger screw but when that's wore out I can't go bigger due to the eyelet hole not being big enough. Thanks again and I will have pictures and opinions once I get it all set up and get it out on the track!
cottonkidd is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 08:40 AM
  #910  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (28)
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,955
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cottonkidd View Post
I took a dremel and shaved down the traxxas eyelets and the stock spring holders fit now. I'm just waiting on my order from rcshox.com so I can put my truck back together. Every since I ordered it Marcus has disappeared! Hopefully by the time I get it he will be back cause I'm gonna need some setup help with all the stuff I ordered I'm sure. I have my truck tore down and all my difs and shocks cleaned out and ready to be filled back up! Any one have any good ideas to fix stripped out holes? My lower suspension arms are terrible! I have screws popping out a lot! I finally went to a bigger screw but when that's wore out I can't go bigger due to the eyelet hole not being big enough. Thanks again and I will have pictures and opinions once I get it all set up and get it out on the track!

LOL I am here man, just busy as heck!! I recently moved and couldnt find a complete batch of roll center plates that i had made so i had to make more.
MantisWorx is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 11:00 AM
  #911  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Covington, Tn.
Posts: 744
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

After getting my TS4 together, I will say that I'm very happy with it. The stock setup was pretty good, and even better when I tuned it a little bit.

Overall, it's one of my favorites to drive. I still like my EVO better I believe.
J_Fowler is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 11:50 AM
  #912  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 68
Default

Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
LOL I am here man, just busy as heck!! I recently moved and couldnt find a complete batch of roll center plates that i had made so i had to make more.


Awesome! You know I was thinking, I wonder if he makes this stuff when its ordered. Or exactly what you said, I ordered them and there wasn't enough and you had to make more! I'm stoked about getting it! When you have time, I am
Curious how to measure my droop and when you say 1* camber, how do I measure that? Will the roll center plates do that for me?
cottonkidd is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 12:05 PM
  #913  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 68
Default

Marcus can you get me the part number for those springs you were talking about. I want this thing perfectly setup to your setup when I drive it next time to see how it should feel and see if I like it.


Never mind I got them!
cottonkidd is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 12:09 PM
  #914  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Hoese37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutchinson, MN
Posts: 3,819
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Camber is adjusted by the top turnbuckle. you need a camber gauge to do it accurately. RPM makes a good one. The roll center plates just adjust height and how far in the camber link mounts. This all changes how the car handles. Droop is measured from the bottom of the lowest point of the chassis plate to the lowest point on the suspension arm.
Hoese37 is offline  
Old 05-21-2013, 12:17 PM
  #915  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Hoese37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutchinson, MN
Posts: 3,819
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Rears
TLR5163 White
TLR5164 Yellow

Fronts
TLR5170 Orange
TLR5171 Silver
Hoese37 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.