TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread >

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Like Tree1Likes

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default TS4

I finally got to get my TS4 on the track yesterday for one battery! Man all I can say is wow that truck is glued to the track. I have everything box stock except the diffs and shock oils. Diffs are 7/10/3 and shocks are fr45/rr40 and this thing is hooked up I couldn't get the rear end to slide out if I tried. Great job on this truck glad I finally got one built and running.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I run 7,10,5 in my truck and I've ran the heavy shock oils too. After I opened up the pistons a littl I lightened the oils and it feels way better. Glad you like the truck and thanks for your info.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You guys should send me to one to "try" out for a little while. I haven't decided between the TS4 and the Techno....I put another win in the Hyper10 book this week, but it was a fight. Traded the lead with the other driver whom I am always running with, about 6 times. He TQ'd, but I got him in the A...Just had to stay with him as we broke away from the field and wait till he messed up.. ..He gets his new Techno truck this week, and I am not sure if I will be able to catch him if it runs better than his SC10...I seemed to have pushed my Hyper10 bout as far as one will go....So I guess we will see. Still on the fence. I wish they would have the battery down the drivers side, and not wide across the back of it is my only issue I can see.

Here is last weeks race I finished 2nd....White Green Black truck vs. the yellow one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFmW...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Dragula426 View Post
You guys should send me to one to "try" out for a little while. I haven't decided between the TS4 and the Techno....I put another win in the Hyper10 book this week, but it was a fight. Traded the lead with the other driver whom I am always running with, about 6 times. He TQ'd, but I got him in the A...Just had to stay with him as we broke away from the field and wait till he messed up.. ..He gets his new Techno truck this week, and I am not sure if I will be able to catch him if it runs better than his SC10...I seemed to have pushed my Hyper10 bout as far as one will go....So I guess we will see. Still on the fence. I wish they would have the battery down the drivers side, and not wide across the back of it is my only issue I can see.
Having the battery where it is gives you almost perfect 50/50 balance front to rear and dead on perfect left to right. putting the battery on one side only forces you to corner balance the truck and each battery effects that more on left to right than fore and aft. I thought the same thing when i first got the truck but it is in a good location. IMO i always like the Hyper 10 , its just outdated now but still a good truck, mine is in the archives right now!! The TS4 is more agile than both the Hyper and Techno. The long center axle is going to cause issues on the Techno, one of the reasons there is already an upgrade kit for the buggy. Its going to be hard on bearings and rear center outdrives from vibrations.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Having the battery where it is gives you almost perfect 50/50 balance front to rear and dead on perfect left to right. putting the battery on one side only forces you to corner balance the truck and each battery effects that more on left to right than fore and aft. I thought the same thing when i first got the truck but it is in a good location. IMO i always like the Hyper 10 , its just outdated now but still a good truck, mine is in the archives right now!! The TS4 is more agile than both the Hyper and Techno. The long center axle is going to cause issues on the Techno, one of the reasons there is already an upgrade kit for the buggy. Its going to be hard on bearings and rear center outdrives from vibrations.
Someone had posted the scaled numbers, and its pretty much a dead perfect 50/50 front to rear as you stated. Not what I expected looking at it. My Hyper10 is 52/48 and is a dead perfect 50/50 side to side, so its very nimble, and I have my own custom steering mod as well as a few other mods that allow it to go where no other Hyper10 will. If I could get center CVA's for it and better outer CVD's, I would probably never switch.

The center diff location is also what I question about that Techno truck and the servo. I would swap the servo 90 so that its main body is inline with the center drive shaft, and move the center diff closer to center and run CVA's for it like the TS4 is...We had a TS4 at our track, and it is very smooth, I did get by him though.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dragula426 View Post
Someone had posted the scaled numbers, and its pretty much a dead perfect 50/50 front to rear as you stated. Not what I expected looking at it. My Hyper10 is 52/48 and is a dead perfect 50/50 side to side, so its very nimble, and I have my own custom steering mod as well as a few other mods that allow it to go where no other Hyper10 will. If I could get center CVA's for it and better outer CVD's, I would probably never switch.

And shock towers and shocks!! IMO the Hyper was one of the worst jumping trucks ever!! that 52% makes a huge difference. It kinda depends on the crowd you run with too, around here even I had to make a switch, just not quick enough, I own a machien shop so you know i had some crazy mods!! At any rate , you will like the TS4 especially if you are an aggressive driver.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

I agree with Marcus. I race two guys with the hyper and you can see how much better my TS4 corners and it definitely jumps 10x better then their trucks. I do believe the hyper is a great truck. So far my truck with all stock components was able to compete with the best in my state. I have upgraded a few things and have made it feel better each time.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

I tried a friend's tekno sct410 yesterday, heavy but very agile. Very steady due to the total weight, but turns really well. I mean, for pure cornering agility, I don't think tekno truck lose at all.
The truck is owned by one of the top guys here, I'd expect him to have done some small adjustments on the setup for the track, though the truck itself is very much stock.
However, I still think it's the weight that's also an problem. For my TS4 and desc410, they just feels overpowered for our small indoor track. But as soon as I can calm down and control the power, it can go really fast.
The light weight truck have the potential, and the handicap is me, and I've always got the confidence to chase them down even after a mistake.
For the heavy tekno however, it's easy to drive, and easy to put some consistent good laps together, but it'll be the truck reaching bottle neck first.

It's like the 2wd buggy classes in our small indoor track, for a normal guy, 17.5t is easier and also faster than mod. But in top guys hand, mod buggy is definitely faster.

I don't think it's a quality problem with the long drive shaft, they upgrade because the upgrade is lighter, and since it's so long, it's quite some weight saving. Some one forgot to move the switch on his RX8 when he switched to tekno, ended up with a driveshaft shaped dent in the switch, but the shaft is perfectly fine.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu View Post
I tried a friend's tekno sct410 yesterday, heavy but very agile. Very steady due to the total weight, but turns really well. I mean, for pure cornering agility, I don't think tekno truck lose at all.
The truck is owned by one of the top guys here, I'd expect him to have done some small adjustments on the setup for the track, though the truck itself is very much stock.
However, I still think it's the weight that's also an problem. For my TS4 and desc410, they just feels overpowered for our small indoor track. But as soon as I can calm down and control the power, it can go really fast.
The light weight truck have the potential, and the handicap is me, and I've always got the confidence to chase them down even after a mistake.
For the heavy tekno however, it's easy to drive, and easy to put some consistent good laps together, but it'll be the truck reaching bottle neck first.

It's like the 2wd buggy classes in our small indoor track, for a normal guy, 17.5t is easier and also faster than mod. But in top guys hand, mod buggy is definitely faster.

I don't think it's a quality problem with the long drive shaft, they upgrade because the upgrade is lighter, and since it's so long, it's quite some weight saving. Some one forgot to move the switch on his RX8 when he switched to tekno, ended up with a driveshaft shaped dent in the switch, but the shaft is perfectly fine.
Nothing wrong with the drive shaft it self except that it is long. I have seen every local E buggy teckno go through driveshaft bearings super quick. One of the reasons for the conversion kit that came out! I was loaned one for piston testing and within 5 packs there was outdrive wear and i tossed a bearing! brand new kit, i was the first to run it but our tracks are large and fast, i am sure on short tracks that dont have high speeds it probably wont be an issue.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Nothing wrong with the drive shaft it self except that it is long. I have seen every local E buggy teckno go through driveshaft bearings super quick. One of the reasons for the conversion kit that came out! I was loaned one for piston testing and within 5 packs there was outdrive wear and i tossed a bearing! brand new kit, i was the first to run it but our tracks are large and fast, i am sure on short tracks that dont have high speeds it probably wont be an issue.
The first batch of eb48 does has outdrive wearing issue, all fixed with better outdrives since Nov. 2012. I believe they also give free outdrive exchange for those first batch buyers.
Not sure what the bearing problem is.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

What parts are breaking the most on this truck?
Old 01-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

And shock towers and shocks!! IMO the Hyper was one of the worst jumping trucks ever!! that 52% makes a huge difference. It kinda depends on the crowd you run with too, around here even I had to make a switch, just not quick enough, I own a machien shop so you know i had some crazy mods!! At any rate , you will like the TS4 especially if you are an aggressive driver.
Mine is all Carbon Fiber and I put 13mm Big bores on it....I work in a machine shop, but its too small to get away with gov't jobs as tight as we run these days.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8drenlnjunkE View Post
I agree with Marcus. I race two guys with the hyper and you can see how much better my TS4 corners and it definitely jumps 10x better then their trucks. I do believe the hyper is a great truck. So far my truck with all stock components was able to compete with the best in my state. I have upgraded a few things and have made it feel better each time.
The truck does look good.

Last edited by rcbo; 01-22-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default TS4

well after 5 packs through the truck for practice the last 2 days I just ran it in the first heat of our Tuesday night Points Series and finished 2 laps ahead of the rest of the field the truck is very agile and nimble jumps better than any SC I have had. AWESOME TRUCK!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Would someone please tell me what are the weak point on this truck? I'm thinking about getting one,because the nexx 10 sucks compared to my hyper 10.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.