Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread >

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Like Tree1Likes

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Old 01-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks man. How does the truck handle with the towers?
Old 01-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8drenlnjunkE View Post
What diff fluids, caster block, toe, and camber are you running?
30/30/20 , 10 degree caster, 0 toe,neg 2 camber
I
Old 01-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by biggen View Post
30/30/20 , 10 degree caster, 0 toe,neg 2 camber
I
Ok the first reason for your push is the diff fluids being so heavy. The truck does drive better withe the heavier fluids. I run 30-20-7 right now but think I'm going to go 20-20-7 or 15-15-7. I have been running the 13 degree caster but switched to the 10 today. I am doing as much testing as I can to be able to help provide information more accurately. I run the rear hubs all the way to the rear, -2 camber front and rear and also +1 toe in the front or toe out away from the cars diff. The heavier fluids are a more on power type of set up and keep the truck stable, however causes the push. If you went lighter just in the rear you'd notice it sliding around much faster. I originally tried 5-5-2 in this truck and it turned as if it was a 2wd that I full throttled into a corner. I then went with another team drivers set up at 7-7-3 but it was still kinda of twitchy but I was out cornering all the other scts. I may try 10-10-5 just to see as well. I like a fast cornering truck and the 30-20-7 is a little slow for my liking and pushes more then I want, but will still hug the inside if I'm on the gas. But for now add a little toe and see what happens, and if it still pushes too bad lighten your diff fluids. If I find a good happy medium I will post it on here along with all of my other settings. I hope this helps you, but please don't hesitate to ask me any question I will be more then happy to help
Old 01-03-2013, 01:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8drenlnjunkE View Post
Ok the first reason for your push is the diff fluids being so heavy. The truck does drive better withe the heavier fluids. I run 30-20-7 right now but think I'm going to go 20-20-7 or 15-15-7. I have been running the 13 degree caster but switched to the 10 today. I am doing as much testing as I can to be able to help provide information more accurately. I run the rear hubs all the way to the rear, -2 camber front and rear and also +1 toe in the front or toe out away from the cars diff. The heavier fluids are a more on power type of set up and keep the truck stable, however causes the push. If you went lighter just in the rear you'd notice it sliding around much faster. I originally tried 5-5-2 in this truck and it turned as if it was a 2wd that I full throttled into a corner. I then went with another team drivers set up at 7-7-3 but it was still kinda of twitchy but I was out cornering all the other scts. I may try 10-10-5 just to see as well. I like a fast cornering truck and the 30-20-7 is a little slow for my liking and pushes more then I want, but will still hug the inside if I'm on the gas. But for now add a little toe and see what happens, and if it still pushes too bad lighten your diff fluids. If I find a good happy medium I will post it on here along with all of my other settings. I hope this helps you, but please don't hesitate to ask me any question I will be more then happy to help
Thanks for all the help I will try so toe out mayb lighten the diffs up some
Old 01-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I settled with 15/15/7. The truck was quicker with 30/30/15 but not near as consistent and it was more of a "one line" truck and not good for traffic or adrenaline!!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I will give you guys a little insight into my diff fluid arrangements in my Hyper10....After running this truck for the better part of +2 years, it was my final conclusion to switch to grease in the diffs. I had every fluid combo imaginable in the truck, and when I found one I liked, which was typically 5k, 7k, 5k, it always leaked out over time. I would change the seals, the diff cases, and the same thing would occur over time and performance would fall off.

Well, since putting grease in, I haven't changed anything in the diffs since. Barley anything has leaked out, and I have been running this way with the same grease for a while now...Performance is right where I left it. I went to Tractor supply and picked out two of the lighter high speed grease's and use the heavier one in the middle, and the lighter one in the outers...Now it never changes in performance, and I never even think about it anymore. The reason I give you this info is based on the scaled weights of the two trucks, they are very similar, so I would set them up the same and be done with it..... I believe a 4wd SCT should be balanced with neither the front or rear pushing or pulling the other. It just doesn't feel right when driving it, so mine outers are always set the same. Just my 2-cents as to how I would run it.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

That's good information and definitely a possible route. Each diff does something different in the truck though. You also have to take into account the transfer of power by weight transfer by the forward momentum. The all wheel drive effect is generated more from the center diff then the front or rear. The front and rear variances generate different effects as well. Heavy front gives more on power steering where lighter gives more off power steering. Heavier rear gives an all wheel drift where lighter allows faster rotation. This attachment is the best description of diff fluid I have found. Hopefully this will help a little bit as well.
Attached Thumbnails TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread-image.jpg  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well after driving 4wd SCT's for the last 3 years, its just much more comfortable to have the front and rear diffs equal. Loose or tight track, you know how the vehicle will respond. Mine carves thru the corners like its on rails, and I routinly use that to duck under the other trucks by staying tight to the inside. Not to mention it won't do anything funny when you cross it all up when launching off a jump.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

I'm not knocking your methods and will be trying what you did if I can't get my diffs where I want them. You may be on to something that may help my issues. I greatly appreciate your input.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragula426 View Post
Well after driving 4wd SCT's for the last 3 years, its just much more comfortable to have the front and rear diffs equal. Loose or tight track, you know how the vehicle will respond. Mine carves thru the corners like its on rails, and I routinly use that to duck under the other trucks by staying tight to the inside. Not to mention it won't do anything funny when you cross it all up when launching off a jump.
Souds like its worth trying , so what type of grease did you use and what do you think is equivalent to compared to diff oil weight, thanks for the help
Old 01-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Default SNR carbon towers

I received my carbon towers today and just got done installing them. I had to take CA and finish the edges on them before install but other then that they lined up great and look really good on the truck. They do fix the up travel problem front and rear. On the site they claim you need to put a shorter spring in the rear like the Losi SCTE front so I got some from a friend. I had to lower the adjustment ring all the way down for them to work however so think I may put my rear springs back on it. These towers also allow droop in the rear without changing shock shafts. Im about to go test the trucks handling and suck and will report back later. here are some pictures of them, please ignore my dirty truck I have been making changes and doing testing all week for tomorrows race and havent cleaned it up yet
Attached Thumbnails TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread-shock-tower-ts4.jpg   TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread-shock-tower-ts4-1.jpg   TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread-installed-ts4-tower.jpg   TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread-installed-ts4-tower-1.jpg  
Old 01-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Been running the TS2 for the last year and love it. I have been a racer for many years although I am new to 4wheel drive. I got a used (like new)TS4 a few months back but have only ran it 1 time the truck was OK but just did not feel quite right. I ran 7 7 3 in the diffs and after reading here daily I am gonna try 15 15 7. Most of the tracks we run on are damp, hard packed underneath and have some loose stuff on top in some areas but not all. Been running goosebumps that seem to work well but the truck just did not have the corner speed. My shocks have pistons drilled to 56 with assoc oils 35F and 30R. I removed the rear swaybar to gain a bit of rear traction. I do not have the truck in front of me for the shock springs at the moment (I think they are Losi orange and whites). I do not get to race much as I would like to and just do not get the practice I need and would love to have. I think I may need to try to close 2 -3 holes in the pistons with the same oil. The car is fast and jumps awesome!
OH yeah..... MMP, Reedy 4.5 no timing

any suggestions?
Old 01-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

I'm trying a new setup tomorrow at the race. I started with 5,5,2 then went 7,7,3. Truck drove great but as you said didn't feel right. I then switched to 30,20,7 which drove great but I lost handling. I am now changing everything and will be testing it tomorrow. My diffs are now 7,10,5 front shocks have 2 holes I have drilled out with 40wt stock spring and rears have 3 holes drilled with 37.5wt with losi SCTE front spring ( as per recommendation of SNR for their shock towers). The rear hub was all the way to the rear and I had 13 degree caster blocks up front, but now have 10 degree up front and rear hubs all the way forward. I run -2 camber front and rear and 1 degree toe out in the front. I will report back on this setup after the race.

What issue are you wanting to fix or problem are you having? The corner speed is something I'm working on my self but lighter oil helps but you may loose forward stability. I'm trying to find a good middle ground and have been testing all week. Ill know more tomorrow
Old 01-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I am running -2 camber and 1 degree toe out in the front also. The truck was awesome on the straight and over jumps it was just the cornering that was weird. I cannot put my finger on it.

I should also add the track is slippery even though its packed with the small amount of dirt on certain areas. For instance coming out of a 180 onto the straight it is easy to do a doughnut in 2wd you have to roll on the throttle alot with an 8.5 and run negative expo to keep it straight then there are other areas where its just throttle on.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

Sounds like the same issue I'm having. I'm headed to the track now so ill let you know how this set up works. 15,15,7 is my next try then I'm going to try the guys grease trick and see

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.