Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread >

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Like Tree1Likes

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Old 12-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I can say that the Pro Roller comes equipped with the aluminum arm holders, aluminum rear hubs, big bore shocks. i added the carbon center brace during the build. i have only had 2 small issues that Roy quickly took care of for me. the only problems ive had lately is fighting set up. When building the truck as crazy as it sounds the heavy diff fluid 30k, 20k, 15k are your friend and really make the truck drive well. i tried the lighter fluids first and though the truck still performed well,m i knew it wasnt driving like it should. i recently made the change to the thicker oil and it really drives like a dream. very stable.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

yeah i am like this buy this or buy the ofna version of the ts4 pro
Old 12-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

The Team C is better quality and comes with aluminum parts the Ofna does not
Old 12-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

oh i see i thought they did as it said pro version
Old 12-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

only comes with the big bores. other then that the arm holders and hubs are plastic. it is a copy of Team C and is rebranded under Ofna. It was a deal to help generate distribution and parts of the Team C line. As far as the truck goes it has the name but not the parts
Old 12-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

oh i see yeah i am looking for a team c truck i heard they are good i wanna try one
that and ts2 te
Old 12-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

yeah they make good cars that are affordable and come with upgrades. when you build your first Team C kit youll see how well everything fits together. The TS2 TE has the gear diff which i think in the Team C cars is a must have. I switched to it in my EVO buggy and picked up almost a second per lap. The 2wd cars with the new upgraded kick plate have seemed to be bulletproof for me so far. I love my buggy and my TS4. When you build also pay attention to the forums about shock limiting etc. Also thre is a seperate bag that has all of the upgrades in it so locate it first then start the build, so you dont have to redo what youve already done. dont be skeptical of the stok diff setup either with the 30k,30k,10k. i was and now that i switched to 30k,20k,7k the truck feels amazing. in my buggy i ran 1k in the gear diff at first but seemed to rotate fast for my liking so i switched to 2k and it is dialed now. i go back to the track i tried the 1k on this weekend and will see if i improve my times or not, but its and 1/8 track and i was only 3 seconds slower with my fast lap then the pro nitro guy that was there.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So where do I get a Pro version?

And have you guys had any CVD failures?

Last edited by Dragula426; 12-28-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by RavensNightFury View Post
yeah i am like this buy this or buy the ofna version of the ts4 pro
Originally Posted by RavensNightFury View Post
oh i see i thought they did as it said pro version
the Pro and Team version are different, you definitely want the Team version with the aluminum upgrades

Originally Posted by Dragula426 View Post
So where do I get a Pro version?

And have you guys had any CVD failures?
No CVD failures that i have heard of, but you should replace the bearings with the build, when they go (and they will!!) you stand a chance of taking out rings/and pinions , they are only 1.00 each at AVID so its a well invested 18.00!!. Besides that makes sure you limit the shocks. i didnt care for the stock fluids and settled on 15/15/7 but dif fluids are more of a driving style thing than anything else, the stock fluids made the truck too twitchy for me especially on exit.

The quality of the kits are second to none, VERY good tolerances and are engineered well. I have 5 Team C vehicles and they are all top notch. Off subject but here is my Team C GT8L nitro and my other rides!

Old 12-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

i had one cvd failure, but they have taken care of the issue and should come with the new updated ones. when you build it rotate the lock ring to 90 degrees of the pin and put a dab of CA on it and you should be set.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 8drenlnjunkE View Post
i had one cvd failure, but they have taken care of the issue and should come with the new updated ones. when you build it rotate the lock ring to 90 degrees of the pin and put a dab of CA on it and you should be set.
My Hyper10 CVD failures, no amount of CA glue will help, so I just making sure these are not the same ones as on my Hyper10...Thanks
Old 12-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

no i put a dab of ca on my then took shoe goo and put a thin layer all the way around it. havent had an issue since. i was also told i could rotate it 90 degrees and take heat shrink and it will work as well, but the shoe goo and ca hasnt let me down so ill stick with it.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8drenlnjunkE View Post
only comes with the big bores. other then that the arm holders and hubs are plastic. it is a copy of Team C and is rebranded under Ofna. It was a deal to help generate distribution and parts of the Team C line. As far as the truck goes it has the name but not the parts
First of all, the Ofna is not a copy of the team C truck it's exactly the same car, just with the name Ofna on the box and stickers. The axles and other parts with the Team C name on it come on the Ofna truck. The difference between the Ofna "Pro" kit and the Team C team edition is like he said, the aluminum hinge pin holders, the aluminum rear hubs and the carbon top brace on the team edition truck. Ofna did this because they wanted to release the truck at a better price point than the Team C to attract more customers.

Originally Posted by Dragula426 View Post
My Hyper10 CVD failures, no amount of CA glue will help, so I just making sure these are not the same ones as on my Hyper10...Thanks
Where are you having CVD failures at? I'm assuming you've limited your up travel on the truck to prevent the CVD bone hitting the outdrives... I've owned 5 hypers (3 SC's and 2 TT's) and never had a CVD fail.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Prostreet314 View Post

Where are you having CVD failures at? I'm assuming you've limited your up travel on the truck to prevent the CVD bone hitting the outdrives... I've owned 5 hypers (3 SC's and 2 TT's) and never had a CVD fail.
The end that installs into the diff cups is fine. The end that captures the barrel always rips in half...I have tried the upgraded STRC CVD ends and ripped those in half as well. THey are just very thin and weak.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

I have a hyper 10,and yes the cvd's do wear out but you can rebuild them. Thier not that bad,all car have flaws.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.