Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread >

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Like Tree1Likes

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Old 11-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Got to the track last weekend, practiced for two days, and and they changed the layout today...

Have "suffered" from some mild understeer a few weeks ago. (previous video).
*rear shock too long(103mm), center diff almost empty.

And "suffered" from some over oversteer last week.
*vertical rear shock, and rear shock too short (97mm).

Now:
98mm rear shock,
upper shock on center hole in shock tower. (also helps lower the ride height)
refilled front diff to 15K, center 10K, rear 7K. (rear 7K helps power oversteer).
Removed all the rear weight (54g), but I added a few upgrades, so only lost 20g in total weight. 2645g after all.
front 3.9 rate, rear 2.6 rate springs. ten-scte shocks.
ride height 23mm front, 23mm rear.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Feels really nice, slight oversteer braking into the corner, and slight over steer power out of the corner.
When on full power, the center diff starts working, it stops the oversteer feeling, and become safe and steady in the straight.
*the "TS409 Main Gear Support" seems to reduce the noise by a lot. No longer crazy loud now.

Lap time... did a 17.1s in the video, quite a few 17.6s when I can get a clear lap. Seems to have done a 16.9 lap as well, but didn't record it.
That's not bad at all, especially considering it's me driving...

*Same track a few month ago, on a good race day track condition, the SC10 4x4 with exactly same electronics struggle to get a 18.4s.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:16 AM
Aoh
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

who carries team c kits? parts? i cant seem to find much info on em.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aoh View Post
who carries team c kits? parts? i cant seem to find much info on em.
evohobbies.com

eazyrc.com

where in socal are you located? got a lot of team c support in ie/oc/la/sd areas
Old 11-14-2012, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Your truck looks much better Nicholasxuu!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Yes it looks much better! Raise the front roll center and i bet you will lose at least 3 tenths. You are losing time on turn entry waiting for the truck to rotate. Maybe even a little more toe out. 100% better than the last vid for sure, you are on the right track!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

http://forum.teamcracing.net/forum.p...thread&tid=526

I have to say the Team C is "ON IT" for listening to customers, lots of interesting things coming soon
Old 11-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
Your truck looks much better Nicholasxuu!
Thanks, had a good fight with several losi on the track, right before the video was recorded. Just chase them down and overtook them. :P Not those top guys though.
Should have recorded that~

Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Yes it looks much better! Raise the front roll center and i bet you will lose at least 3 tenths. You are losing time on turn entry waiting for the truck to rotate. Maybe even a little more toe out. 100% better than the last vid for sure, you are on the right track!
Yes, I'm having 0 toe right now, perhaps even a bit toe in. Still compromising a bit for the sweeper, need more practice on that. (it's kept in the new layout).

The front wheel is still wobbling a bit, so much better than stock though.
Mostly from the a-am, the holes holding the pins on a-arm is just slightly oversized.
*I know that the flexible plastic may "expand" a bit after drill, using a 4mm drill will only get a 3.8-3.9mm diameter hole. But it's a bit over-considered, these holes are all around 0.25mm oversized in diameter.

http://forum.teamcracing.net/forum.p...thread&tid=526

I have to say the Team C is "ON IT" for listening to customers, lots of interesting things coming soon
Their own team driver (probably) also suffer from it. :P
Waiting for the new harder outdrive.

Really hope they can come up with better molded arms, tighter fit, and with shock mounting holes not on the outside of the arm. like RPM arms.
I'm already using slightly larger 5-40 screws, and after the arm wear out a bit, the shock start to get loose, screw starts to come out, that one last around 20mins on track.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu View Post
Thanks, had a good fight with several losi on the track, right before the video was recorded. Just chase them down and overtook them. :P Not those top guys though.
Should have recorded that~

Yes, I'm having 0 toe right now, perhaps even a bit toe in. Still compromising a bit for the sweeper, need more practice on that. (it's kept in the new layout).

You dont want toe in, that will give you more understeer

The front wheel is still wobbling a bit, so much better than stock though.
Mostly from the a-am, the holes holding the pins on a-arm is just slightly oversized.
*I know that the flexible plastic may "expand" a bit after drill, using a 4mm drill will only get a 3.8-3.9mm diameter hole. But it's a bit over-considered, these holes are all around 0.25mm oversized in diameter.
I replaced the front bearings and it cured a decent amount of the slop, also ordering AL front c hubs on my next order. I agree the arms a bit soft but they dont break, i think i read somewhere that they are working on stiffer arms

Their own team driver (probably) also suffer from it. :P
I finally popped one but it was from literally a 15' landing off of a triple!! and it was the rear

Waiting for the new harder outdrive.

Really hope they can come up with better molded arms, tighter fit, and with shock mounting holes not on the outside of the arm. like RPM arms.
I'm already using slightly larger 5-40 screws, and after the arm wear out a bit, the shock start to get loose, screw starts to come out, that one last around 20mins on track.
Harder outdrives are also in the works, prototypes are already being tested
Old 11-14-2012, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Harder outdrives are also in the works, prototypes are already being tested
I was using a bit toe in to get a bit better braking stability, for the sweeper, before I can do it the correct way, and before the setup is done.
You are right, it doesn't need much oversteer between turn-in and mid-corner, it need better reaction to my turn-in input. (I have been to the stage with too much off-power oversteer a week before, need to wait until the car's settled down to pull throttle).

for c-hub, do you mean "TU0413 C-Type Holder"? I thought it's called caster block. and I can't find any c-hub for TS4 in team c's catalog.
(http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php...mart&Itemid=71)

The soft arm is fine, maybe a bit harder would be better. When I crashed into the pole last time, the pin was broken but the arm survived! very impressive.
The thing I'm asking for is better fit, hole's diameter between 3.0mm and 3.1mm would be much better.

I didn't pop it out on normal occasions, especially considering I knew the ball cup issue before I got the truck, and changed to sc10 4x4 ball cups very early.
It's all about side impact, especially on outdoor, high speed track. Used captured rod end and it has never failed once.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Aoh
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by mjbtaco View Post
evohobbies.com

eazyrc.com

where in socal are you located? got a lot of team c support in ie/oc/la/sd areas
local tracks are ocrc and wcrc

south bay or oc area
Old 11-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aoh View Post
local tracks are ocrc and wcrc

south bay or oc area
I race my team c cars at both tracks along with marcus conway.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu View Post
I was using a bit toe in to get a bit better braking stability, for the sweeper, before I can do it the correct way, and before the setup is done.
You are right, it doesn't need much oversteer between turn-in and mid-corner, it need better reaction to my turn-in input. (I have been to the stage with too much off-power oversteer a week before, need to wait until the car's settled down to pull throttle).

for c-hub, do you mean "TU0413 C-Type Holder"? I thought it's called caster block. and I can't find any c-hub for TS4 in team c's catalog.
(http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php...mart&Itemid=71)

The soft arm is fine, maybe a bit harder would be better. When I crashed into the pole last time, the pin was broken but the arm survived! very impressive.
The thing I'm asking for is better fit, hole's diameter between 3.0mm and 3.1mm would be much better.

I didn't pop it out on normal occasions, especially considering I knew the ball cup issue before I got the truck, and changed to sc10 4x4 ball cups very early.
It's all about side impact, especially on outdoor, high speed track. Used captured rod end and it has never failed once.
TU0410

Going out for testing to day and as I was going over the truck and installing longer front shock shafts i noticed that the front sway bar was detached!! Well last time out the truck handled excellent. One thing about not having alot of droop is that you dont really need a sway bar in the front. Just food for thought, will test both ways today. On my wheeler i only use a rear sway bar for the same reason just didnt dawn on me to try it on the TS4.
Today i am doing more testing with 2 hole pistons which have been great. All of my 10th scale rides are running 2-3 hole thick pistons, the track i am going to today is rough and loose , opposite from what i ran them on last week. I am also going to a 2 pole motor instead of the PRO4 4600 ( which blew yet another sensor board......)
Old 11-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I did the same thing!! except i went with 5/7/3 because of the 2 stage pistons ( more rear traction) it was ok when i was running the Ballistic 4.5 but when i switched to the Pro4 4600 it was just too light. I went up to 15/20/7 and it was better so i went extreme 30/30/10 and is much better. the track i am running on starting tomorrow (RCPro international finals!!) will have insane grip by end of the day thursday so i will more than likely go up to 50k in the center. We will see, event is on live RC and I wil try to keep everyone updated as the weekend goes on!
Marcus,

I don't find that you ever reported back regarding the 30/30/10 as well as your comment about going up to 50k in the center diff.

Can you update us about your current feelings with this high of weights in the diffs?

Do you feel your same conclusions would apply to other 4x4's such as losi or durango's?
Old 11-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dday View Post
Marcus,

I don't find that you ever reported back regarding the 30/30/10 as well as your comment about going up to 50k in the center diff.

Can you update us about your current feelings with this high of weights in the diffs?

Do you feel your same conclusions would apply to other 4x4's such as losi or durango's?

Well ultimately didnt like 30/30/10 truck was very jittery,nice straight line acceleration but in general lacked traction overall. Because of this I never went to 50k center. It actually felt better on the low grip track with higher fluids than the high grip track?? I am now using 15/15/7 and am very comfortable with it. With 15k center dif on occasion it will lift the front tires and pull a wheelie until you back off the throttle. The truck is really light heavy fluids are not needed. The most noticeable difference with the thick fluids was turn exits where the truck would tend to slide more than it would grip and could not drive aggressively.

I never owned a Losi so i cant really comment on them but keep in mind that difs have different designs in that 5k on a losi is equivalent to heavier fluids due to volume of oil. The Durango has small difs Like the TS4. I had a DESC and also didnt care for the Lutz setup with 30/50/20 ultimately i ran 20/15/10 when i had mine.

Testing went well yesterday, i tested longer front shafts, Traxxas shock ends (2mm longer) and 2 hole UFO pistons. With the longer front shafts steering was increased dramatically. I actually think it is a bit too much so rather than mess with making altered shock towers , its much simpler to just go with longer shock eyelets. Maybe with a thicker front sway bar it could settle it down a bit but overall the truck was great!
Piston wise i settled on 700cst/2 hole 1.55mm Front and 325/2 hole 1.55Rear. silver front springs and pink rear spring w/ Team C helper springs.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

hey guys i am planning on getting this truck in the near future, i just have a few questions?

-exactly what springs work good on the truck?
-is there anyway to get past the ball cup turnbuckles ends, because those killed me on any 2wd sct i ever drove! haha lmk thanks in advance

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.