TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread >

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Like Tree1Likes

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Old 10-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu View Post
Only upgrading rod end is not going to solve the whole problem, you want to maybe use a spacer to make it captured rod end.
at least, you want to make sure the 4 rod ends in front and rear shock towers are captured.
Yes I did put washer but for picture purpose I left it off to show the part I used
Old 10-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Finally bothered to paint the stock body, nice body with a lot of stickers to use.
Also, added a wing to the rear. Using (recycling) broken 1/10 buggy wing. No idea if it's working or not.

Today's practice video, not a very good driver, and the track is messy with 2 mini eight, sorry seems forgot to clean the lens.
http://youtu.be/EFVHFbCloVI
How did you take the video?

Was it a hat camera of sorts?

BTW Truck looked good... Where is that track?
Old 10-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vegatron75 View Post
How did you take the video?

Was it a hat camera of sorts?

BTW Truck looked good... Where is that track?
sony action cam with head mount.

720p 30fps, accidentally touched the lens before and forgot to clean it. Graphic looks even worse after youtube have compressed it.

The track is Norcalhobbies in union city california. This is the indoor (not really clay) track.

it's the loudest truck on the track (probably the spur, not the drive train), so the main noise you can hear is mine...
Old 10-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by 8drenlnjunkE View Post
The 5,5,2 diff fluid I ran made the truck corner very fast but it was twitchy. Just switched to 7,5,3 and smoothed it out a lot
I went back up to 30/30/10 and it feels sooo much better, even on low grip tracks. I didnt realize how much acceleration i was losing with 15k center.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

720p 30fps, accidentally touched the lens before and forgot to clean it. Graphic looks even worse after youtube have compressed it.

The track is Norcalhobbies in union city california. This is the indoor (not really clay) track.

it's the loudest truck on the track (probably the spur, not the drive train), so the main noise you can hear is mine...
I had the same problem , it is the internal pinion.dif mesh and/or one of the center shaft bearings going out OR the center dif bearings. AFter replacing all of the bearings and tightening the shims up my truck is now super quiet!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
I went back up to 30/30/10 and it feels sooo much better, even on low grip tracks. I didnt realize how much acceleration i was losing with 15k center.
I know that's what it asks for but just seems way too stiff. I may give it a try here soon just so I know what it does. The 7,5,3 felt really good on my track here at the house. It wasn't twitchy and still held corner speed. It puts down the power with minimal wheel spin too. I'm going Friday to one of our tracks to set up both it and my tc02 buggy. Ill know more then
Old 10-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 8drenlnjunkE View Post
I know that's what it asks for but just seems way too stiff. I may give it a try here soon just so I know what it does. The 7,5,3 felt really good on my track here at the house. It wasn't twitchy and still held corner speed. It puts down the power with minimal wheel spin too. I'm going Friday to one of our tracks to set up both it and my tc02 buggy. Ill know more then

I did the same thing!! except i went with 5/7/3 because of the 2 stage pistons ( more rear traction) it was ok when i was running the Ballistic 4.5 but when i switched to the Pro4 4600 it was just too light. I went up to 15/20/7 and it was better so i went extreme 30/30/10 and is much better. the track i am running on starting tomorrow (RCPro international finals!!) will have insane grip by end of the day thursday so i will more than likely go up to 50k in the center. We will see, event is on live RC and I wil try to keep everyone updated as the weekend goes on!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Good luck at the races! Marcus
Old 10-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Could you post a pic of it? I need something for myself. Videos are good learning tools and good for clearing up "what really happened on the track"
Old 10-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
I did the same thing!! except i went with 5/7/3 because of the 2 stage pistons ( more rear traction) it was ok when i was running the Ballistic 4.5 but when i switched to the Pro4 4600 it was just too light. I went up to 15/20/7 and it was better so i went extreme 30/30/10 and is much better. the track i am running on starting tomorrow (RCPro international finals!!) will have insane grip by end of the day thursday so i will more than likely go up to 50k in the center. We will see, event is on live RC and I wil try to keep everyone updated as the weekend goes on!
Good luck man. I run a sc4x 4.5t which is a lot like the ballistic ( I have one of those too). I'm sure with the lighter motor it would change things a good bit. I was talking to Michael Guzman and he runs the 7,5,3 and told me to try it. I'm giving it a shot this weekend on an indoor GA clay track that is extremely high traction from the start of the day to the end of the mains. The owner is letting us in to tune a day early so hopefully I can dial it in
Old 10-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vegatron75 View Post
Could you post a pic of it? I need something for myself. Videos are good learning tools and good for clearing up "what really happened on the track"
sony HDR-AS10 or HDR-AS15, aka sony action cam.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Camcorder.html

with headband mount like:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...or_Action.html

or what i've got:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Headband.html

Others like the famous GoPro works very well, too.

The con is that you can't zoom in. so even at 1080p, still can't pick up some details, i.e. wheel movements.
plus, the strong lights around kind of destroys some section.

BTW, I am using 5, 10, 3 in diffs.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

editable setup sheet

http://www.2shared.com/document/za88..._up_sheet.html

*they forgot diff setup part in the setup sheet

Last edited by nicholasxuu; 10-31-2012 at 03:36 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

which engine or kv and esc can you guys recomment ?
Old 11-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Has anyone ran into issues with the axel? Not at the out drive but where the wheels attached? Have you found another axel that fits properly?
Old 11-05-2012, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by speedy2 View Post
which engine or kv and esc can you guys recomment ?
I run a tekin rx8 esc with a tekin sc4x 4.5t motor. I run box stock set up on esc and took all of the mechanical timing out of the motor ( rotated the end of the can completely clockwise). With stock gearing I am just as fast as a built losi with a tekin pro4 4600 boosted and timing on another competitors car. Difference is after a 10 minute main my motor comes off between 105-120 and his comes off at 180+. It has more then enough torque and is smooth power. I hope this helps.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.