TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread >

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Like Tree1Likes

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Old 10-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heinzi View Post
If you drive the truck with the diffoel in instructions?

30 000 Front ?
10 000 Rear ?
30 000 Center ?

Heinz
I wouldnt try 30/10/30. i would never go thicker in the rear than in the center diff. I am currently running 30/50/10 and really like the way it drive. On power it is on rails.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
I wouldnt try 30/10/30. i would never go thicker in the rear than in the center diff. I am currently running 30/50/10 and really like the way it drive. On power it is on rails.
He typed it strange, the manual calls for 30/30/10
Old 10-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
He typed it strange, the manual calls for 30/30/10
OOPS, cant read
Old 10-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The Durango is the most un reliable truck out there!! Thats what i drove before The TS4! There is absolutely no comparison to that truck except the way it drives! This truck is very reliable, Make sure you shim the ring and pinion tighter than what the manual says ( I am at three shims ). There is talk about the ballcups but i still have yet to pop one so i guess that just depends on how you drive or your track although our tracks are really rough. The bearings IMO need to all be replaced immediately, order a set from AVID or ceramics from me. Other than those few things the truck is solid.
I'm saying their V2, with updated (and supposably stronger) arms.

capture rod end, it's not about the track surface, it's the track side wall that hurts, we have a big outdoor track that's also designed for 1/8 buggies, many faster sweepers. heavy side impact will pop it out quite easily.

Another thing is that, after so many times of taking shocks on and off, the screw holes on the a-arm is getting really loose. I ended up changing to 5-40 screws.

Team C seems to make plastic parts with relatively high precision, but a bit over done on "fit smoothness".
they make 3.25mm diameter holes for 3mm pins.
while many other manufacture just make it 2.95mm diameter, and as user to make them tightly fit themselves.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What degree c hubs is everyone running on their TS4's?
Old 10-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darrin70 View Post
What degree c hubs is everyone running on their TS4's?
short course loves caster.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu View Post
short course loves caster.
I'm using the 13 caster too. The 10 made the truck steer funny off power.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

13 here too!
Testing new shock towers tomorrow! dropped the holes 5mm so now you have full droop in the front even when using the outside holes which is typically better. Also dropped 5mm in the rear but had to add 2.5mm of limiters inside the shock for droop but now the driveshafts will not hit the drive cups.Another plus is that I can use normal 22b springs, not the 22T truck, no need for the extra long springs in the rear.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

13 here too!
Testing new shock towers tomorrow! dropped the holes 5mm so now you have full droop in the front even when using the outside holes which is typically better. Also dropped 5mm in the rear but had to add 2.5mm of limiters inside the shock for droop but now the driveshafts will not hit the drive cups.Another plus is that I can use normal 22b springs, not the 22T truck, no need for the extra long springs in the rear.
Sweet! Can't wait to see them!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Depends on the track. I run on a medium to high bite indoor track, and have to run the 10 degree to get enough steering. The rear is very planted and has major on power push. Still could use more steering. 13 degree is no good indoor.
If you are running on a dusty blown-out cornfield of a track, than it probably makes no difference.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone else noticed that nitrohouse.com has this truck and the 2wd in the electric short course section? Looks like OFNA may have purchased TeamC or something else is fishy. Check it out.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doc danger View Post
Has anyone else noticed that nitrohouse.com has this truck and the 2wd in the electric short course section? Looks like OFNA may have purchased TeamC or something else is fishy. Check it out.
OFNA have licenced the truck from TeamC Just as Racers Edge have done.

R2 confirms this here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...te-thread.html
Old 10-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info. Looks like OFNA has Chad Bradley doing some R and D on this fast machine. Hopefully they get some kinks worked out. I really like this truck, but the diff seal design is poor and the ballcups gotta go. Hard to tell other racers to get one, if they need to do mods just to get going. Losi springs work great with stock pistons and the SC10 4x4 captured ends solve the major issues.

Search for thread in electric off road under - "what 4x4 SCT is this?"
Old 10-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Depends on the track. I run on a medium to high bite indoor track, and have to run the 10 degree to get enough steering. The rear is very planted and has major on power push. Still could use more steering. 13 degree is no good indoor.
If you are running on a dusty blown-out cornfield of a track, than it probably makes no difference.
Something is fishy with your setup if you have any push on any surface!! we run them locally and have more than enough steering on loose tracks with the 13deg , in fact we usually have to dial it down via thick dif fluid and /or lowering the front roll center. If i can get this much steering on a loose track you shouldnt have any issues at all!! I also went to Dallas to run on the high bite track and the results were the same ALOT of steering. The first thing you may want to change is the front droop which is more than likely what is giving you issues. Turn the front eyelets out 3 turns and run the inside holes and your steering will be there.

Thanks for the info. Looks like OFNA has Chad Bradley doing some R and D on this fast machine. Hopefully they get some kinks worked out. I really like this truck, but the diff seal design is poor and the ballcups gotta go. Hard to tell other racers to get one, if they need to do mods just to get going. Losi springs work great with stock pistons and the SC10 4x4 captured ends solve the major issues.

Search for thread in electric off road under - "what 4x4 SCT is this?"
Dif seal design?? I have yet to have heard of this issue. Only thing i did (which i do to all of my cars) is sand the dif housing flat. mine do not leak and never have. The ball cups are also fine, I have yet to have one fail and i have almost three months of running the truck every weekend. Other than that the only needed items for the truck are shock pistons, I sell the best ones and they are specifically designed for this lightweight truck (new variation coming soon). Only thing wrong with the springs is that we dont know what spring rate they are.

Tested new geometry shock towers yesterday!
Rear with 2.5mm internal limiting and inside holes on arm, Std TLR22 rear springs (not the 22T springs)

Front with no limiters and std 22B springs outside arm holes

The added droop is wonderful on this truck, it allows you to run the ride height lower and really absorbs the rough sections much better with out bottoming. since you can run the outside holes on the arms the front is more stable. Also the driveshafts do not hit the cups and you dont have to add external limiters.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Looks great Marcus!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.