TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread >

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Like Tree1Likes

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Old 09-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu View Post
shocks aren't cheap, and the stock ones are pretty nicely made. I don't see many points going to others.
I was only talking about the asc springs, which I wont be running now. Got blasted on that one....
Old 09-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kamlooper View Post
I was only talking about the asc springs, which I wont be running now. Got blasted on that one....
lol..
Old 09-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyperdesigns View Post
use rear buggy shock shafts
I just checked a spare pair I have, they are 50mm. Should be perfect.
Off come the shocks...again...
Old 09-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

shocks aren't cheap, and the stock ones are pretty nicely made. I don't see many points going to others.

I use losi 22 springs.
22b rear spring in the front (orange, red, maybe pink or yellow when you add weight to the rear), never tried orange yet, nor the silver one.
22t rear spring in the rear (grey, white should be good) I found white already a bit too hard creating nose dives.

*pink with grey rear with 84g rear weight is just fine for me.
*red with white should work similar, and overall harder.
*going to try red and white later, maybe even with less rear weight.

---------
also, I use losi shock pistons. They told me to

---------
also, the front shock shaft is quite a bit too short.
especially considering you need travel limiter on it (I have 4-5mm on to prevent the flex on arm)
even positioned in both the inner hole on the tower, and the inner hole on the arm. The front is still not extending long enough.
this is when shock is at max travel, the arm angle is...

Stock shock shaft in the front is 44.5mm, and I'm thinking about something at around 49mm.
with the travel limiter, it's safe when max compressed.
and it provides 5mm more travel for both adjustablity option and grip.

Searched around amain, found a axial 3x50mm shock shaft, same c-clip style. though axial style, not cheap in anyways.
kyosho also have a 50mm shock shaft for their 1/10 (ZX5, etc), but not sure if it's 3mm.
*losi use 3.5mm shock shafts, won't work.
So did you like the added weight?

Originally Posted by kamlooper View Post
I knew you meant springs!
Old 09-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
So did you like the added weight?
technically I don't like it, the truck was less than 2600g before adding the weight, faster than other losi in the straight way.

however, jumping does feel a lot better after adding the weight.

I found the nose dive also part of my driving problem, that if I drive carefully and correctly, it's fine even without the weight.
*the thing is that, I like to put full throttle down before the jump, seems alright but,
instead of (the wheels) TRYING to accelerate to speed, the truck is actually wheel spinning and GETTING full wheel speed before the jump. Then, when the truck is in the air, the wheel speed can't go any faster, unless I hold full throttle in the air, any lifting the throttle will create nose dive in this case.

I can solve it by controlling the trigger before the jump, something like a manual traction control. Then in the air, I can still accelerate or lift/brake to control the mid-air action.

*BTW, what's the size of losi ten-scte springs?
I'm using losi 22b rear spring for the front, pink last weekend, which is 2.3 rate.
Found that ten-scte has front spring set range from 3.6-4.5,
and rear spring set range from 2.7-3.6.

Is my spring a bit too soft?

also, curious what ten-scte front spring length is, and 22t front spring length. wondering if they are the same length as 22b rear spring, so that I can get harder spring options.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

84g shouldnt make a performance difference, if anything since the weight is in the rear it should accelerate faster due to grip.
On your jumping, i have found that just keeping a little bit of throttle keeps it level where as before i had to punch it and then let go. going up a pinion tooth can help too as well as adding some boost way up high to give you a little bit more RPMS while in the air, would barely notice it on the rest of the track.

The truck is liking stiffer springs so far, I always forget the Team C springs are single stripe for hard right??

SCTE springs are too big and will not work
Old 09-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

yes.
1= hard
2=med
3=soft
Old 09-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

84g shouldnt make a performance difference, if anything since the weight is in the rear it should accelerate faster due to grip.
On your jumping, i have found that just keeping a little bit of throttle keeps it level where as before i had to punch it and then let go. going up a pinion tooth can help too as well as adding some boost way up high to give you a little bit more RPMS while in the air, would barely notice it on the rest of the track.

The truck is liking stiffer springs so far, I always forget the Team C springs are single stripe for hard right??

SCTE springs are too big and will not work
not sure about the team c springs, the losi springs arrived before the first weekend.

I use tenshock sc411 4600kv motor, with around 155F after a pack, stock 13t pinion is high enough.
ESC is hobbywing SCT-PRO, no timing no turbo and punch setting at 3 (default 5, max 9).
So it's just my finger being a bit too aggressive. (and many other guys who has tried the truck :P).

I was using front pink and rear grey, losi springs.
limiter is front 7mm and rear 6mm.
ride height is around 30mm front and 28mm rear. it's not a big track but there's a relatively big jump that we can't land on the slope.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXV8F4WzJ3s
the tripple in the middle of the course, need to line up well to jump over all, most racers in the video are just taking it carefully.

Going to try red front spring this weekend, also the rear rebound was a bit high.
Removed the rear rebound and added some front rebound.
Let's see.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

As far as shock shafts go,, you can put the traxxas Tini long shafts in the front to add 2mm more droop.part#1664t
stock

traxxas shafts

this past weekend i got away from the books and tested out some thicker fluids in the diffs and really liked it. i tried 50/30/30 and found it made the truck drive very well; excellent mid and excellent steering, and tons of forward traction. with the lighter fluids, i found that the diff oil was getting cooked pretty quick and that i was having alot of excess wheel spin.
My setup does not nosedive at all, red 22b rears in the front/outer hole on tower and a-arm, gray 22t rears on the rear, outer hole on tower and inner on the a arm. I cant remember the oils I used though lol.....

FYI, evohobbies is also stocking TS4 parts now!
Old 09-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
As far as shock shafts go,, you can put the traxxas Tini long shafts in the front to add 2mm more droop.part#1664t
stock

traxxas shafts

this past weekend i got away from the books and tested out some thicker fluids in the diffs and really liked it. i tried 50/30/30 and found it made the truck drive very well; excellent mid and excellent steering, and tons of forward traction. with the lighter fluids, i found that the diff oil was getting cooked pretty quick and that i was having alot of excess wheel spin.
My setup does not nosedive at all, red 22b rears in the front/outer hole on tower and a-arm, gray 22t rears on the rear, outer hole on tower and inner on the a arm. I cant remember the oils I used though lol.....

FYI, evohobbies is also stocking TS4 parts now!
you mean 50K/30K/30K diff fluid? that's quite crazy!
any picture of the track you are running on? big and smooth?

grey is the softest losi has I believe.
and red is the 3rd hardest for 22b rear springs. (silver, orange, red)
I started with yellow in the front, as someone's setup earlier. Doesn't seems to work. then changed to pink, works okay.
slight worried about changing to red, since our track is not so bumpy. if there's a bumpy track, and I need a pink/yellow front, there won't be an option for the rear anymore.

yes, evohobbies has some TS4 parts now.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

you mean 50K/30K/30K diff fluid? that's quite crazy!
any picture of the track you are running on? big and smooth?

grey is the softest losi has I believe.
and red is the 3rd hardest for 22b rear springs. (silver, orange, red)
I started with yellow in the front, as someone's setup earlier. Doesn't seems to work. then changed to pink, works okay.
slight worried about changing to red, since our track is not so bumpy. if there's a bumpy track, and I need a pink/yellow front, there won't be an option for the rear anymore.

yes, evohobbies has some TS4 parts now.

Yeah, 50k/30k/30k

I posted a video a couple weeks ago of my race at the same track Im talking about. It is loose, dry and dusty, and gets quite rough from the ebuggies, laptimes are in the low 20's. The jumps are comparable in size to jumps in the video you posted.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
Yeah, 50k/30k/30k

I posted a video a couple weeks ago of my race at the same track Im talking about. It is loose, dry and dusty, and gets quite rough from the ebuggies, laptimes are in the low 20's. The jumps are comparable in size to jumps in the video you posted.
it will help you to be more stable under braking, but wouldn't it be a bit hard to catch under hard acceleration?
BTW, I've never tried on dusty surface like that before.
Our new outdoor 1/8 and 1/10 compatible track is still hard surface track. almost slippery. They've found that bald used tire works really well on that one, if you stay in the racing line. tragic...
Old 09-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

it will help you to be more stable under braking, but wouldn't it be a bit hard to catch under hard acceleration?
BTW, I've never tried on dusty surface like that before.
Our new outdoor 1/8 and 1/10 compatible track is still hard surface track. almost slippery. They've found that bald used tire works really well on that one, if you stay in the racing line. tragic...
It seemed to me that with the lighter fluids the truck would diff out real hard, and off the track was loose, the truck would also sway back and forth as it diffed out. That doesn't seem to happen with The heavyer fluids. Also the truck seems to rotate better in the tighter turns, the front pulls harder and the rear isn't too locked in like it was....
Old 09-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

I got tired of screwing with rear springs that are all too soft! so i made some adapters to put 1/8 scale springs on the TS4 shock bodies! now I have 4.0 rears where it needs to be at......

I tried thicker oils a while back and didnt really like it , truck floated around too much. now that the setup is so much different i may try it again down the road.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

I got tired of screwing with rear springs that are all too soft! so i made some adapters to put 1/8 scale springs on the TS4 shock bodies! now I have 4.0 rears where it needs to be at......

I tried thicker oils a while back and didnt really like it , truck floated around too much. now that the setup is so much different i may try it again down the road.
Really? I can barely put on tlr 22t white rear (1.8). using grey 1.6 right now.
are you using some very stiff front spring? or you've added too much weight in the rear?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.