Old 09-12-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Mantis

What pistons you recommend for a TS2 2 stage of course and oils
Old 09-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone has a solution to the sloppy steering rack problem?
So far I've upgraded the servo horn.
the ball cup and ball stud part always have some play.
by tighten up the servo saver a bit, the right wheel feels okay, but the left wheel have at least 5 degrees of sloppiness. Just too much on that side.
the plastic steering rack, designed without a washer could be a reason. planning on upgrade the metal one later.
anything else I can do?

*it's mostly about confidence, I'm afraid of taking some aggressive lines because of it.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu View Post
Anyone has a solution to the sloppy steering rack problem?
So far I've upgraded the servo horn.
the ball cup and ball stud part always have some play.
by tighten up the servo saver a bit, the right wheel feels okay, but the left wheel have at least 5 degrees of sloppiness. Just too much on that side.
the plastic steering rack, designed without a washer could be a reason. planning on upgrade the metal one later.
anything else I can do?

*it's mostly about confidence, I'm afraid of taking some aggressive lines because of it.
Mine has very little play at all, almost none. Are you sure the play is in the steering assembly, I blew a bearing and it seemed as if the the steering assembly was sloppy.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Rookie

My son's steering has a lot of play, but it's still the best handling truck on the track. It's been sloppy since we built it 2 months ago. Since then he has averaged at least a battery a day through it and it has not gotten any worse. I would not let it bother you too much. Here's a video of his race last weekend, his TS4 is the red and yellow truck, the rest of the field is losi and ae, and he puts them all a lap down. The loose steering does not hurt the handling at all.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by jbempie View Post
My son's steering has a lot of play, but it's still the best handling truck on the track. It's been sloppy since we built it 2 months ago. Since then he has averaged at least a battery a day through it and it has not gotten any worse. I would not let it bother you too much. Here's a video of his race last weekend, his TS4 is the red and yellow truck, the rest of the field is losi and ae, and he puts them all a lap down. The loose steering does not hurt the handling at all.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
+1, your kid can wheel too!!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
Mine has very little play at all, almost none. Are you sure the play is in the steering assembly, I blew a bearing and it seemed as if the the steering assembly was sloppy.
found the problem,
Horizontally, The screw's non-threaded part is 3.45mm in diameter, but the hole in steering rack is 3.59mm.
Vertically, the non-threaded part is around almost 1mm longer than the thickness of the steering rack.
I "over-tighten" the screw a bit, tight enough to remove most of the vertical play, but loose enough to keep it smooth. Seems help a lot.

although, the sloppiness in the suspension arm mount still exists. it's 3mm pin inside 3.3mm hole.
most of the cars I have, onroad and offroad, require M3 reamer to loosen up a bit, this one seems is a bit over-concerned. :P
Old 09-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

+ YouTube Video
great driving.
most of the time the sloppiness won't do anything. the caster will keep the car go straight anyways.
it's the little correction you want to do when accelerating hard on the straight scares me, especially on a tight track, once the correction was delayed, it may ends up with a nasty crash.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RodneyRacer View Post
Mantis

What pistons you recommend for a TS2 2 stage of course and oils
Depends on your track conditions but the 5 holes seem to be the best all around unless you are on a blown out track then the 6 hole would be better. I would drill out the rear to 1.2/1.3 and leave the front at 1.1/1.2 and use 325/275 for your starting oils.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
Son is putting it down! awesome..
Old 09-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What type of wheels are using for keep the same width: SC10 +3 or Slash wheels?

Thanks.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
Im interested in what your setup is, can you post it?
Old 09-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Team C and HPI Blitz Wheels

Originally Posted by IVAN RM View Post

Thanks.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by IVAN RM View Post

Thanks.
Slash rears work too.

OK so even though the truck scales around 51/49 it just seems to drive front heavy. I havent been able to really get the rear to stick on exit as much as i want to and it has a tendency to nose down on most jumps so you have to keep light throttle while in the air. The DESC drove the same way and the dual shorty mod along with stiffer rear springs fixed it. So yesterday while i was drawing up a plate for a dual shorties to fit on the TS4 I decided to weigh the difference between a normal stick pack and two Shorties and it is about 80g. I really didnt want to go to that extreme with the truck and wanted to keep it with the stock layout if at all possible so i decided to test with just adding 84g in the rear close to the center.

This along with lowering the roll center:

The combination ( I was also testing new piston designs) completely planted the rear and allowed me to really put the power down without fear of the back stepping out too much......FINALLY! AND it jumps much better, nose stays up like its suppose to! I think it may be better with a stiffer spring as i am still using the 22t yellows, I will play with springs tomorrow and maybe get some vid!

A little teaser on the pistons: front was 4 hole 1.5mm/300cst rear 5 hole 1.5mm 250CST front felt pretty good rear needs either bigger holes or more of them.....more later!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Here's his setup sheet. We are running a saddle pack battery (http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...l#post11034175). Right now there is still a ball diff in the front also, I just haven't had any reason to pull it out and put the rebuilt gear diff in the truck, and he seems to like the handling better with the ball diff. My son is only 10, but he can drive a toy car pretty good. His biggest problem is seeing through everybodies radios on the stand.
Attached Thumbnails TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread-576763_390128421031497_864297906_n.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
nate ts4.pdf (79.0 KB, 102 views)
Old 09-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

I picked up a slightly used TS4 and have a Reedy Sonic 550 4.5 to install where should I start the gearing on it?

What is the trans ratio?

Where can I get a manual? I did not see one on Team C website to download.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.