TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread >

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Like Tree1Likes

TeamC TS4-TS4Pro SC thread

Old 08-13-2012, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
truck looked good. only thing i could see is maybe going up one step in the rear shock oil (2.5). seemed just a bit bouncy in a couple spots.
The track is also not nearly as smooth at it may appear to be. There are some pretty rough patches on the track.

One thing I can say with absolut certanty is that te stock pistons are no good( even though they are very nice pistons in their own right ), they simply do not have enough pack so you have to run too thick of a shock oil, which results in a stiff and twitchy truck. I ran the stock pistons with 35wt front and 30wt rear, and it was ok, the truck drove well but it was upsettled in many spots on the track, and the back end wanted to come up off jumps. When I drove Marcus' truck it was much more planted, had more steering and was much more stable, and the back end didnt want to bronco buck of the jumps like mine did........
Old 08-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by brrneon View Post
Did the testing go well? My track rained out so after spending the week building three cars I didn't get to run a single one.
What testing?
Old 08-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
Matt's setup is a good base, my setup is for 2 stage pistons and RCplates. will post that setup tomorrow when i get back from testing at Mikes.
This one.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Check the vid on the last page!! testing is done, i will post the complete setup today.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Some info here:
To get more droop, traxxas slash 4x4 front TiNi shafts add 2mm more droop part# 1664T
Also, traxxas 39mm aluminum links work for the steering and front camber links, and the 59mm links work well for the rear.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Current setup:
FRONT:
2* camber
0toe
13* caster hubs
5k dif oil
Losi orange 22b rears
RCplates inside middle
RCShox 5 hole 2stage 1.1/1.2
400CST PTfluids
shocks middle on tower,inside on arm
3t out on eyelets

REAR:
2* camber
3k dif oil
Losi 22t yellow
RCShox 5 hole 2 stage 1.2/1.3
275CST PTfluids
RCplates inside middle
Shocks middle on tower inside on arms
2t out on eyelets

5/7/3 dif fluids
Brushlesshobbies LT4
Novak ballistic 4.5 with ceramic bearings

Last edited by MantisWorx; 08-14-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Current setup:
FRONT:
2* camber
0toe
13* caster hubs
5k dif oil
Losi orange 22 rears
RCplates inside middle
RCShox 5 hole 2stage 1.1/1.2
400CST PTfluids
shocks middle on tower,inside on arm
3t out on eyelets

REAR:
2* camber
3k dif oil
Losi 22b yellow
RCShox 5 hole 2 stage 1.2/1.3
275CST PTfluids
RCplates inside middle
Shocks middle on tower inside on arms
2t out on eyelets

5/7/3 dif fluids
Brushlesshobbies LT4
Novak ballistic 4.5 with ceramic bearings
Just to confirm...

Front springs Orange 22T Rears?
Rear springs Yellow 22B Rears?

Thanks
Old 08-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by flatusboy View Post
Just to confirm...

Front springs Orange 22T Rears?
Rear springs Yellow 22B Rears?

Thanks
oops sorry that is wrong , i fixed it. 22b rears in the front 22t yellows in the rear.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Alright, for you guys who will be getting the dual stage pistons for your TS4, here is a quick build to show you how to build the shock with these pistons.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...l#post11098314
You guys are gonna love the piston and oil setup.
Im running
32.5wt 1.1/1.2 with losi red springs in the front.
250cst 1.2/1.3 with losi yellow springs in the rear.

I did some testing of the TS4 at a track that I have not run it at yet, and also tried out the dual stage pistons on a rough bumpy small track, and found the setup to be spot on! What that means is tht the setup workes on two totaly different track condition. I managed to best my fastest lap of my losi which I have been running for months at the track the first time at the track with the TS4! The truck did everything the Losi did, but better, and my diff setup was way off! I was running 10/10/5, but it was way to thick. If I got off line and into the dust, it got pretty squirly. Im gonna drop the oils to 5/5/3. I am extremely happy with the way this truck drives, and cant wait to get the whole setup dialed!
Old 08-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Placed the order, keep cool...
Old 08-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

got my new esc in yesterday... hoping my parts come in tomorrow and i get my truck back from symmetricon. i want to go drive later on this week on my day off.

Matt
Old 08-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks again Matt for the help! Mantis and I got to race our TS4 for the first time on Friday night. He took 1st and I took second ahead of a field of Losi. I also raced on Saturday and took 1st. I spent all Friday aside from racing tuning and found that this truck is very responsive to it. Also, the RC plates that mantis sells allowed me to dial it in even more. I also let a couple others drive my TS4 and they loved it.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mdwalsh View Post
got my new esc in yesterday... hoping my parts come in tomorrow and i get my truck back from symmetricon. i want to go drive later on this week on my day off.

Matt
Let us know when you want to go out there, I plan on going either tuesday or wed .

Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
Thanks again Matt for the help! Mantis and I got to race our TS4 for the first time on Friday night. He took 1st and I took second ahead of a field of Losi. I also raced on Saturday and took 1st. I spent all Friday aside from racing tuning and found that this truck is very responsive to it. Also, the RC plates that mantis sells allowed me to dial it in even more. I also let a couple others drive my TS4 and they loved it.
I pulled off the win but wasnt happy with my setup, it was great all day long and went to crap when the races started?? So im in the lab now working on a new setup! Sym and i had completely opposite setups. Damon had fast lap by 3 tenths on me but i stayed out of trouble.

I put my truck on the scales a few minutes ago and to my surprise the truck is 51/49 with equal ride heights! that is good news , looking at it you would think it was front heavy but not much at all. I really want to change the entire setup but its not really needed, only minor changes, it just seems to be very aggressive in the front and i think it needs a softer rear spring as . so this week I am going to switch to bladder shocks 10k front dif fluid and losi white springs with/without the helper springs. If that doesnt work i will go Syms route and lower front and rear roll centers but i will remove both sway bars and see how that works. The truck is very responsive to change.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Let us know when you want to go out there, I plan on going either tuesday or wed .

I pulled off the win but wasnt happy with my setup, it was great all day long and went to crap when the races started?? So im in the lab now working on a new setup! Sym and i had completely opposite setups. Damon had fast lap by 3 tenths on me but i stayed out of trouble.

I put my truck on the scales a few minutes ago and to my surprise the truck is 51/49 with equal ride heights! that is good news , looking at it you would think it was front heavy but not much at all. I really want to change the entire setup but its not really needed, only minor changes, it just seems to be very aggressive in the front and i think it needs a softer rear spring as . so this week I am going to switch to bladder shocks 10k front dif fluid and losi white springs with/without the helper springs. If that doesnt work i will go Syms route and lower front and rear roll centers but i will remove both sway bars and see how that works. The truck is very responsive to change.
NICE!!! What about moving to the outer hole on the hub. That seem to reduce some of that front end aggressiveness for me (at least i thought it did)
Old 08-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

i put losi silver 22b rears on the front to give the front more lift off the jumps but lost steering, so i removed the front swaybar. On the rear I put white losi 22t rears on the back. Then I raised the inner camber link front and rear. The car is less twitchy, and more stable, it has alot of grip on and off power. I just need a little more on power exit steering, other than theat, the car is very responsive but stable and easy to drive. I also hit my fastes lap at M&M by more than a second faster than my losi, I hit a 22.7 which is pretty freaking fast.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.