Wiki Posts
Search

Non ROAR track insurance

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Non ROAR track insurance

Anyone on here have experience with getting insurance for a backyard track without going through ROAR? Our local backyard track has exploded and last weekend we had 50 racers and probably 150 people over all show up. The owner is getting nervous about liability (can't say I blame him). I have heard of people going through a broker, but the ones I have contacted haven't been much help. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Can't do a thing without re-zoning from residential to commercial.. Otherwise, their homeowners insurance provider would probably dump their ass, if they found out what was going on.. Lol

Oh and waivers don't really do anything nowadays, especially if one has a better lawyer than the other..
Old 07-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by weavty1
Can't do a thing without re-zoning from residential to commercial.. Otherwise, their homeowners insurance provider would probably dump their ass, if they found out what was going on.. Lol

Oh and waivers don't really do anything nowadays, especially if one has a better lawyer than the other..

It's in the county and as such is not subject to any zoning ordinances. He called his homeowners insurance to see if they would cover him in the event of an accident and they said no, but didn't seem too concerned that it was going on.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
It's in the county and as such is not subject to any zoning ordinances. He called his homeowners insurance to see if they would cover him in the event of an accident and they said no, but didn't seem too concerned that it was going on.
Well then... I personally would say ROAR would be the quickest, simplest, best route to go.. Besides, it's ROAR!
Old 07-18-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

We have $2million limited liability insurance ($1million will be fine for you), as per the city's requirement. You should be able to get that for under $1,000 a year.

With ROAR, EVERY person who goes on the track needs a membership. If it's only a few people, that's fine...but with 50+ I wouldn't go that route. Also depends if you are collecting money for racing.

EDIT: We are getting the insurance through a broker. He shopped around and found the cheapest option for us.

Last edited by 8ight-racer; 07-19-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 07-19-2012, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
We have $2million limited liability insurance ($1million will be fine for you), as per the city's requirement. You should be able to get that for under $1,000 a year.

With ROAR, EVERY person who goes on the track needs a membership. If it's only a few people, that's fine...but with 50+ I wouldn't go that route. Also depends if you are collecting money for racing.
Where are you getting your insurance through? There is no money being charged to race, but most of us will put some cash in a tip jar to help pay for water, track maintenance etc.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

If racing is free at the track, then asking them to have a ROAR membership is an absolutely reasonable request. As a ROAR affiliated track, you would make $5 for each racer that would become a member.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCHR
If racing is free at the track, then asking them to have a ROAR membership is an absolutely reasonable request. As a ROAR affiliated track, you would make $5 for each racer that would become a member.
The problem is that the way ROAR is structured the coverage seems to be lacking, and we have talked to another track near by that is in an ongoing battle with ROAR over some non-payment of claims issues. That's why we want to avoid using ROAR.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

you guys are going to have to give me directions to the track so I can make it out there sometime
Old 07-19-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
The problem is that the way ROAR is structured the coverage seems to be lacking, and we have talked to another track near by that is in an ongoing battle with ROAR over some non-payment of claims issues. That's why we want to avoid using ROAR.
Wouldn't the claims be dealt with the insurance company and not ROAR. You will get that with ANY insurance agency.........
Old 07-19-2012, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
you guys are going to have to give me directions to the track so I can make it out there sometime
I don't know about that. I heard about the butt kicking you laid down on our guys in Lubbock.. I'll PM you with the info.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Is it true ROAR will cover during ROAR race? During practice, it does not cover? Track users can sign up on line.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxx123
Is it true ROAR will cover during ROAR race? During practice, it does not cover? Track users can sign up on line.
ROAR event practice yes

How ROAR Insurance Works
The ROAR insurance program is one of the most valuable aspects of ROAR membership The insurance
policies are complex but I would like to try to summarize the key parts of the insurance program in layman's
terms, particularly for the new members, as part of my annual column on this subject. ROAR members are
covered by two ROAR insurance policies, liability and bodily injury, while participating in a ROAR sanctioned
race or a practice for such a race. The club/track is an additional insured on the member policy.

All the info is on ROAR's site....... http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/admincolumju06.pdf
Old 07-19-2012, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

My local track is running club race (non Roar) only. But he requires all nitro user have ROAR. If i have ROAR insurance; am i covered?
Also, if i subscribe to the insurance today; when it will be expired?
Thanks
Old 07-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Simply contact you insurance agent for the property and ask for a "rider" for the existing policy.

Just make sure you don't let them know that you are already in progress of doing what you are doing just in case they have a problem with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.