Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new losi cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

They could work on their spelling. A company the size of Losi should have spellchecking ability.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner but smart of them to do the ST before the SCT. As for 4x4, I've been saying for years, I will be surprised if they do a new one. It takes a ton of resources to do something that complicated and sells in by far the smallest numbers. Dozens of 1/10 4x4 sales or thousands of SCT sales? Pretty easy choice to make.

Edit: $370 and it doesn't come with a set of tires? Yikes...
Old 07-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner but smart of them to do the ST before the SCT. As for 4x4, I've been saying for years, I will be surprised if they do a new one. It takes a ton of resources to do something that complicated and sells in by far the smallest numbers. Dozens of 1/10 4x4 sales or thousands of SCT sales? Pretty easy choice to make.

Edit: $370 and it doesn't come with a set of tires? Yikes...
Why would they include and add the price a set of tires we very likely cannot use? It's specifically for racing, and Racers are very specific about the tires they choose for the track they run on during that time of year under whatever conditions.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim
Why would they include and add the price a set of tires we very likely cannot use? It's specifically for racing, and Racers are very specific about the tires they choose for the track they run on during that time of year under whatever conditions.
I am suggesting that they should include and sell at a lower price. Aside from a large body and some bumpers, there is no reason that this kit should be any more expensive than the buggy or stadium truck.

SCT tires are significantly more expensive than buggy tires as well.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I am suggesting that they should include and sell at a lower price. Aside from a large body and some bumpers, there is no reason that this kit should be any more expensive than the buggy or stadium truck.

They may do that for the RTR which may soon follow, but for most of us who have enough tires already... Another set of eclipses are not necessary but the go fast parts are more appreciated. The 2nd set of wheels is a nice thing too!

FYI The Kyosho is right at the same price point and people are buying that truck, I am sure people will snatch this one up just as readily at the MSRP...
I paid the money for the 22T kit when it first came out and it was $300, not a peep of complaint from me, the truck was well worth it! I expect this one to be just as nice!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree that the price seems high. It'll prolly come down after a while. I still don't think they need to include useless tires. None of my 8th scale race kits came with tires, just a convenient set of wheels to mount up what works at my track, at that time of year, whether or not it rained days before, or they decided to drag the track, or just packed it in with the tractor or maybe it's been bone dry for weeks... See what I mean?

As a racer, the decision to exclude tires make perfect sense.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

The price point and what you get with the sct compared to the 22 & 22T are documented in there as well.