R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-27-2005, 12:53 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Losi Dirt Spec tires

What compound are these tires? Obviously Dirt Spec, but to someone who doesn't know what the **** Dirt Spec means, of what use is the knowledge that they are Dirt Spec tires?

Are they like Pink, or Red, or Silver, or what? From the description of the tires, and the info provided on Losi's website (which is non-existant, as usual), I can't for the life of me figure out what these blue tires are good for!

Thanks!
HVAC25000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 03:05 PM   #2
Tech Regular

I think they were produced for a spec racing class.

they are not red pink or silver and they were coloured so they could be easily policed for the spec class.

from memory I think they are slightly harder than silver and they worked pretty well on loose dirt (as good as silver did)
Old 02-27-2005, 03:27 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Doughty is correct, they are exactly that, a tire for a spec class that losi tried to develop. The tires don't work anywhere, and are useless to buy. They did level the playing field for a spec class, but were a failure in my opinion. Don't use them unless you absolutely have to.
gquinlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:18 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I was hoping they were harder than silver actually, as my backyard is nothing but loose dirt, lol. Maybe I'll keep an eye out and see if I can find someone who has a pair that I can examine before I buy.

Thanks!
HVAC25000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:54 AM   #5
Tech Regular

I do believe they are a little bit harder than silver, but I would try and have a look at a set before you invest, they may not be what you are looking for
Old 02-28-2005, 07:03 AM   #6
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

I got my hand on a set of stud fronts for my buggy, about 3 sets new for 5 bucks so I couldn't complain. They feel very similar to my regular silver studs. These will be a great tuning option when I feel I need a harder tire up front. Also like the fact they are blue, can spot the vehicle out there in a crowd.