solid SC wheels

Old 07-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3srcracing View Post
This is the only thing I could seem to find..
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB0978

But keep in mind roar doesn't allow dish wheels.
What does that wheel have to do with a SCT? It's for a mini LST.

OP, I'd just run buggy wheels.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
didnt the xxxt have a wheel with a disk that screwed to the wheel hub.
LXT, then the XXT, the XXXT had solid wheels.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I would vote no on solid wheels but yes to more companies offering more colors then black. So sick of seeing truck after truck with black rims.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't believe dish wheels are ROAR legal in the SCT class. Not that really matters to most of us. I have to ask though, what is with the love of dish wheels? I understand that a spoked wheel looks terrible on many classes of RC, but a dish on a short course truck seems just as bad.

The real problem with all this is that there are too many offsets. For instance DE Racing has 12 different wheels in four different colors for short course alone. (48 part numbers) Adding a dish wheel could double that number and no store is going to want to carry all that.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
If you want a dished wheel run a different class....IMO
That makes a lot of sense

I also wish someone would make dish wheels or a "snap in" plate to their existing wheels .
Old 07-11-2012, 01:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
That makes a lot of sense

I also wish someone would make dish wheels or a "snap in" plate to their existing wheels .
I think it makes a lot of sense.
Isn't the reason we have a SCT class in the first place is for more "realistic scale racing" Like the Pro2 trucks we see on tv? Unless you see trucks on tv racing with dish wheels? I sure dont. Maybe there should be some scale version of some lowrider wire wheels for our SCT's? That would be realistic!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
I think it makes a lot of sense.
Isn't the reason we have a SCT class in the first place is for more "realistic scale racing" Like the Pro2 trucks we see on tv? Unless you see trucks on tv racing with dish wheels? I sure dont. Maybe there should be some scale version of some lowrider wire wheels for our SCT's? That would be realistic!
Our 1/10 stadium trucks and buggies sure as heck are not realistic scale . I don`t run SCTs for the "realism" of the 1/1 trucks , but because they are a blast to drive .

The whole reason the SCT class started was to have a cheap entry level class and it was blown out of proportion after the Slash came out and everyone had run faster motors and others brands came out[which was good for the hobby , but not the "realistic" side of things . "Realistic scale racing" is where it began , Spec Slash .

Your comparing dish wheels to low rider wheels ? Lets compare apples to apples .
Old 07-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

No one cares about ROAR rules at the club level. If I was operating a track and someone asked me if they could run dish wheels I would say go right ahead. Its not like your getting an advantage over the SC wheels, they just look different. And half the SC trucks that show up to the tracks around here look nothing like the 1:1 ones anyway, so you can throw your "scale" comments out the window

Get some adapters and run buggy wheels. If the track director wont let you run them, they obviously dont need your money.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

DE Racing I agree with you about the offset problem. As a racer its race to even figure out which rim and offset you need for a certain truck.

Problem is most companies are just converting over old platforms right now and having to slap on on whatever offset rim will make them legal. Hopefully they will start designing around a more common offset from company to company.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Just offer a dish in white lol.... buggy wheels are nit allowed at every track I have been too....I am not; a basher I am a racer, I would rather run ST but no one runs them anymore so SC is where its at...now I rember why I don't like electric... such snooty ppl. I asked a simple question and guys jump me for it.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by DE Racing View Post
I don't believe dish wheels are ROAR legal in the SCT class. Not that really matters to most of us. I have to ask though, what is with the love of dish wheels? I understand that a spoked wheel looks terrible on many classes of RC, but a dish on a short course truck seems just as bad.

The real problem with all this is that there are too many offsets. For instance DE Racing has 12 different wheels in four different colors for short course alone. (48 part numbers) Adding a dish wheel could double that number and no store is going to want to carry all that.
That's why I suggested the caps....
Old 07-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
+1
Old 07-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
The TLR 22SCT has caps included in the kit !
Old 07-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

same topic I started months ago. I don't understand why buggys have only dished and trucks have only spoked. I want the same wheel on both my buggy and my truck.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DE Racing View Post

I'd love to run em on my 4x4 scte, these trucks are hard on equipment and it's kind of sad that there's only a few brands that i don't hear of wheel's warping, etc...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.