R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Stock Motors for 4wd (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/64067-stock-motors-4wd.html)

HVAC25000 02-21-2005 08:41 PM

Stock Motors for 4wd

Ok, so I'm having some trouble choosing a stock motor. I read lots of good stuff about the Tinity P2K2, but I also see there are many other motors out there that seem comparable. I will be running these on 6-cell packs of 3000mah NiMHs.

The choices seem to be the Trinity P2k2 Pro, Trinity Green Machine 3 Pro (Which has the highest RPMs at 32,300), Peak Performance Hellfire RS24 Blueprinted, and the Team Orion Core Stock RS 27T Rebuild Dyn Motor.

Anyone have any opinions?

Thanks!

Bwoosh 02-21-2005 08:56 PM

when i was running 4wd stock, i used a P2k. from what i hear P2k's dont fade when hot and they have pleanty of torque

Aaron Waldron 02-21-2005 10:10 PM

I'd run either a P2K2 or a Monster..probably the latter.

Scottmisfits 02-22-2005 09:44 AM

I was doing 8 minute races this weekend. I was running a Fantom stock motor. It had lots of bottom and still had good speed. I would reccomend looking at one of those as well. It really came alive after the 6th or 7th pack I put through it.

Aaron Waldron 02-22-2005 04:49 PM

Where do you think Fantom stock motors come from? :p

HVAC25000 02-22-2005 04:59 PM

Do they grow on trees? I really hope they do because I'm running out of money...

Aaron Waldron 02-22-2005 05:07 PM

Hahaha..nope. Sorry.

Scottmisfits 02-22-2005 08:28 PM

I am honestly not really an electric guy at all. I just wanted to race. I did have to take my motor apart to clean it but was in a bit of a rush to try and keep the schedule they wantde to, as well as fixing 6 broken spindle carriers on the Mini T through out the weekend. I was not happy about that considering how little I was actually doing with the little guy.

I have the P2k and a P2K2 Pro. My favourite stock motor so far is the Fantom. I don't know the differences or simalarities but it's one crazy stock motor out of the box.

Tony Soprano 02-22-2005 08:54 PM

Scott, Aaron is just trying to make a little point.

You do know that Fantom is just a tuner and not a manufacturer, right?

Scottmisfits 02-22-2005 09:15 PM

I know what Aaron was trying to do. Like I said, I have no real idea about electric. It's just something to fill the void. Electric is something that just seems a little too finicky for me. I don't like all the battery stuff and the motor lathes and trying to set up the car as well as trying to tune the motor in by changing all the springs and brushes and stuff.

I have no idea who makes motors and who relabels them. I'm sure even the tuners do something to make them their own, even if it is just change the springs or brushes. All I was saying is that from the box, the Fantom has performed better that my P2K or P2K2 Pro.

Cain 02-23-2005 06:23 AM

I would go with a torque based motor like the Orion Core / Peak Hellfire or the P2k. The P2k2 also would be a great choice. Big Jim on www.rccars.com can provide you with alot of help concerning motors as he is a premier motor guy.

If this is mainly for bashing, you may get more satisfaction running a 19 turn motor. Lots of zip but still controllable. I like the Reedy Quad Mag and the Orion Element / Peak Dynasty .

DerekL 02-23-2005 09:48 AM

when i ran my XXX4 in stock, i ran a Trinity Epic Binary... insane sped and torque. Gear it like a 16/stock spur, and it has insane top end and torque. It gets a little warm, but it lasts like 4 race days before u have to cut and clean it again....

but other thatn that, i would run a P2k or 2k2

dgullickson 02-23-2005 10:47 AM

Try a P2K as the magnet field is stronger due to the Copper can. We currently have them in stock if your interested.