Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 08-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Slow down KalEl63, I'm just about to break open bag B!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
They didn't even cut the body post holes for you! Which i guess is because the mid and rear configs have the post holes in different spots. Makes sense.

Well I'm ready to say goodbye to my XXX SCT - Rad good last night but it's time to go!
same here, i had the best time in the second qualifier last night. still started 3rd in amain, guy in 4th wrecked me on the start. i was in dead last throught the first corner (6th), i made it all the way back up to 3rd, and i was catching 2nd, and extra 2mins would have been enough. good ol XXX-SCT, keeps the sc10's fighting!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Here's an interesting question - how is the size of the turnbuckles measured? The SCT comes with 4mm heavy duty and the 22T comes with 3.5mm. Now, last night I was playing with my TI SCT turnbuckles and my 22T turnbuckles and both of them use the 4mm side of the TLR turnbuckle wrench. What am I missing?
i would guess that both use a 4mm wrench, because im sure there are not that many 3.5 mm wrenches out there. i think the different sizes is thickness of the turnbuckle not keyed for the wrench. im not sure, but thats my current understanding.
anyone know better/different?
Old 08-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndrewTom View Post
i would guess that both use a 4mm wrench, because im sure there are not that many 3.5 mm wrenches out there. i think the different sizes is thickness of the turnbuckle not keyed for the wrench. im not sure, but thats my current understanding.
anyone know better/different?
It's the size of the shaft, not the hex.
Just fitted them, so thought I'd take a pic.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Oh yeah Mr. Butler? Well I have won 6 national titles, 5 world titles, 3 galactic titles, and have been voted the handsomest RC driver 8 times. So there!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
Oh yeah Mr. Butler? Well I have won 6 national titles, 5 world titles, 3 galactic titles, and have been voted the handsomest RC driver 8 times. So there!
Are you David Hasselhoff?
Old 08-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by thefatkid View Post
Are you David Hasselhoff?
LMAO!!!

now back to our regularly scheduled programming:

so if the truck is at the ROAR limit for width, why would you want to buy hexes that are wider than stock (putting it over width)?
Old 08-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by F_ME View Post
Got to drive a brand new 22-SCT at Hotrod Hobbies track last night.

I currently drive a XXX-SCT with XXX-T wide arms that by SCT standards is pretty dialed in...and not just my opinion either. Everyone that drives it is amazed at how hard you can drive it around the track. Honestly I was not expecting the 22-SCT to be so good that I would want to give up my current truck. While the 22-SCT was not completely dialed in, it handled well enough at 90% that it made me a believer. Even though I had to feather the truck around the track with the 6.5 motor it had in it, the truck just danced around the track and went anywhere I wanted it to go with ease. The truck was very quick through the infield and tight turns. It did have just a touch too much turn in for me but would be easy to tune. One thing that really impressed me was how well this truck jumps. It takes off very light and lands perfect off every jump. Never got out of shape and you could get right on the throttle and power out. Very impressed with this truck. So much so that I hate to say.....I am going to have to order one and put an 8.5 motor in it.
8.5 yea....just what you need..... I had to laugh when I saw your text last night, you must have been up ALL.....night reading on the truck. I was passed out, look at who said I'm going to wait on getting one till I see how yours is. Guess thats all out the window now. HaHa.... and that was with no weight in it.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:42 PM
TLRacing

LMAO!!!

now back to our regularly scheduled programming:

so if the truck is at the ROAR limit for width, why would you want to buy hexes that are wider than stock (putting it over width)?
The rear is not at ROAR maximum width so you are able to use the wider offset aluminum hexes on the 22 SCT. The front is at maximum width with the stock hexes and is the reason we are not offering additional front hexes.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F_ME View Post
Got to drive a brand new 22-SCT at Hotrod Hobbies track last night.

I currently drive a XXX-SCT with XXX-T wide arms that by SCT standards is pretty dialed in...and not just my opinion either. Everyone that drives it is amazed at how hard you can drive it around the track. Honestly I was not expecting the 22-SCT to be so good that I would want to give up my current truck. While the 22-SCT was not completely dialed in, it handled well enough at 90% that it made me a believer. Even though I had to feather the truck around the track with the 6.5 motor it had in it, the truck just danced around the track and went anywhere I wanted it to go with ease. The truck was very quick through the infield and tight turns. It did have just a touch too much turn in for me but would be easy to tune. One thing that really impressed me was how well this truck jumps. It takes off very light and lands perfect off every jump. Never got out of shape and you could get right on the throttle and power out. Very impressed with this truck. So much so that I hate to say.....I am going to have to order one and put an 8.5 motor in it.
I knew I should have hung out and drove that thing. You're XXX is dialed for sure Mike but the SCT will have a greater opp to be even better. Better get you're name on the list, they are going fast..
Old 08-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Buster661 View Post
I knew I should have hung out and drove that thing. You're XXX is dialed for sure Mike but the SCT will have a greater opp to be even better. Better get you're name on the list, they are going fast..
Mike....what do you mean (there going fast) I think there on the lost boat from china. hahaha...... I'm curious whos going to show up at the track with one first.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Todd Hodge View Post
The rear is not at ROAR maximum width so you are able to use the wider offset aluminum hexes on the 22 SCT. The front is at maximum width with the stock hexes and is the reason we are not offering additional front hexes.
ah ok. so i assume with the 1.5's it's at max?
Old 08-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

ah ok. so i assume with the 1.5's it's at max?
Yeah but only with the 3 deg toe block. If you run more toe then 1.5 would make the truck too wide so the +offset you run is dependent on the toe in block you use.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Yeah but only with the 3 deg toe block. If you run more toe then 1.5 would make the truck too wide so the +offset you run is dependent on the toe in block you use.
gotcha. thanks.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DOC View Post
Mike....what do you mean (there going fast) I think there on the lost boat from china. hahaha...... I'm curious whos going to show up at the track with one first.
Well, I have two on order and if they come in within the next ten days it will not be me as i do not get back until the first week of Sept. I know Nagler is first on the list when they arrive so my bet is him or you

Guess we will see !!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.